Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Post a reply


This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.
Smilies
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

by tim » Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:53 am

In 2026, we’re running our own version; on a planetary scale. The question isn’t whether we’ll collapse like the mice. It’s whether we’ll wake up in time to measure what matters, question the dominant paradigm, and reclaim the electrodynamic harmony that life evolved within.

Science advances by confronting the invisible. Frequencies are real, measurable, and fundamental. Let’s stop pretending otherwise.

We are living through a historic paradigm shift: from a purely biochemical medicine to an electromolecular medicine that finally acknowledges the electrical nature of life. The cell is not a chemical factory — it is a rechargeable battery. And when we learn to remove what discharges it and support what recharges it, health ceases to be a mystery and becomes an elegant, reproducible biophysical process.

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

by tim » Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:52 am

https://drkalcker.substack.com/p/the-e ... edium=web
“The Error of the Calhoun Experiment That Nobody Saw”

Frequencies affecting behaviour

ANDREAS KALCKER

JAN 24, 2026

In the late 1960s and early 1970s, ethologist John B. Calhoun built what he called a “utopia” for mice. Known as Universe 25, this meticulously engineered enclosure offered unlimited food, water, nesting materials, no predators, and ample space—designed to support up to 4,000 residents.

A photograph of a white laboratory mouse in a cage, evoking the 1970s behavioral sink study.

Starting with just eight mice (four breeding pairs), the population exploded to around 2,200 before collapsing into chaos: aggression, social withdrawal, failed reproduction, infant neglect, and the rise of the infamous “beautiful ones”—mice that groomed obsessively but avoided all meaningful interaction. By 1973, the colony was extinct.

Key observations, stated plainly:

Social structures collapsed. Normal mating, parenting, and territorial behaviors failed.

Mothers abandoned or attacked their young.

Males became either hyper‑aggressive or completely withdrawn.

A subgroup Calhoun called “the beautiful ones” stopped mating entirely, focused only on grooming, and avoided social interaction.

Birth rates fell to zero, and the population went extinct even though resources were abundant.

Here’s one of the iconic images of Calhoun inside his experimental setup, standing amid the multi-level rodent metropolis that promised paradise but delivered dystopia:

And another view of the habitat’s intricate design—pens, tunnels, and compartments meant to mimic a perfect society:

Mouse Heaven or Mouse Hell? | Science History Institute

The standard story blames overcrowding and social stress: too many mice in too little functional space led to a “behavioural sink”—a total breakdown of normal behaviours. Calhoun himself saw it as a warning for humanity, a metaphor for overpopulation and urban decay.

But what if the experiment missed something huge? What if the real culprit wasn’t just density but an invisible, unnatural environment that disrupted the mice at a fundamental biophysical level—long before chemical or social stress became obvious?
The Forgotten Variable: An Electrodynamic Nightmare

Universe 25 wasn’t a natural habitat. It was a metal box: stainless steel walls, wire floors, and metal feeders, all potentially creating a Faraday-like cage with grounding issues and induced currents. Fluorescent lights with magnetic ballasts flickered at 100–120 Hz (twice the mains frequency), accompanied by constant 50/60 Hz fields from nearby AC wiring. These weren’t trivial details.

Mice are exquisitely sensitive to electromagnetic and light cues. Their visual systems detect flicker far beyond human limits (up to 100–200 Hz), and their nervous systems operate on microvolt scales. Circadian rhythms, reproduction, and social behaviour depend on stable natural cues—Schumann resonances (~7.83 Hz), geomagnetic fields, grounding, and unpolarised sunlight. Universe 25 replaced all that with artificial, polarised, high-frequency noise.

Flickering lights disrupt clock genes (Per1/Per2), melatonin, and stress hormones in rodents. Chronic artificial light at night increases anxiety and reduces reproductive success. Low-level ELF-EMFs alter behaviour, hormones, and fertility. Modern studies confirm flicker-free environments improve welfare dramatically.

Behaviorally, mice exposed to flickering or temporally unstable light show increased anxiety‑like behavior, reduced exploration, and impaired social interaction. Several studies report reduced mating success, altered estrous cycling in females, and diminished maternal care, including nest neglect and pup retrieval deficits. These are the same behavioral domains that failed in Calhoun’s colonies.

Neurologically, flicker exposure increases markers of neuronal excitation and oxidative stress in visual and limbic regions. There is also evidence of altered dopamine and serotonin signaling, which directly affects motivation, reward, and social bonding. Importantly, these effects accumulate; the nervous system does not fully adapt when the flicker is continuous and unavoidable.

Calhoun never measured or controlled for these factors. His focus was social dynamics, not bioelectricity. Yet life is electrodynamic: every cell maintains a membrane potential (-60 to -90 mV) that powers everything from nerve impulses to immune signalling. Rhythms and frequency-dependent signalling coordinate biology like software over hardware. Disrupt that, and dysfunction can appear long before chemical imbalances show up.

The human evidence:

The most cited case comes from U.S. correctional facilities in the 1970s–1990s, where fluorescent lighting with magnetic ballasts was standard. These lights flicker at twice the mains frequency, around 100–120 Hz. While most people do not consciously see this flicker, the visual system and brain still process it. This produces chronic visual stress, headaches, irritability, impaired concentration, and increased autonomic arousal.
The mechanism is neurophysiological, not psychological. Flicker causes constant micro-stimulation of retinal ganglion cells and the thalamus, increasing sympathetic nervous system tone. In confined populations under stress, this added load can push behaviour toward aggression. When flicker is removed, cortical stability improves and baseline arousal decreases, leading to calmer behaviour.

This aligns with broader findings in schools, offices, and hospitals. Children with attention disorders, migraine patients, and epileptic individuals are particularly known to be sensitive to flicker. Modern LED systems with poor drivers can reproduce the same problem if they use pulse-width modulation at low frequencies.

In short, changing from flickering to stable light does not “calm people psychologically”; it reduces an important continuous neuro-electrical stressor. That is basic biophysics. In closed systems like prisons, the effect becomes visible in behaviour statistics.

Fast-Forward to 2026: Are We Living in Our Own Universe 25?

Look around today. We’re immersed in an electromagnetic soup unimaginable in the 1970s:

Dense 5G networks, Wi-Fi everywhere, overlapping RF fields.
Constant screen flicker, blue light, and polarised artificial lighting.
Urban environments saturated with man-made ELF and RF signals.
The parallels are uncanny—and troubling.

Mental health is in freefall. In 2025–2026, over 1 billion people worldwide live with mental disorders, with anxiety and depression as the leading causes. In the U.S., roughly 18–21% of adults report recent symptoms of anxiety or depression, with youth hit hardest: over 40% of high schoolers experience persistent sadness or hopelessness, and rates among Gen Z remain alarmingly high. Social withdrawal, reduced meaningful connections, obsessive screen behaviours—these echo the “beautiful ones”.

Reproduction tells a similar story. While debates rage over the exact trajectory, multiple large-scale meta-analyses (including updates through the 2020s) show significant global declines in sperm concentration and quality, extending to regions in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Clear evidence suggests mRNA inoculations are linked to modern environmental factors, including potential endocrine and bioelectric disruptions from chronic EMF exposure.

Recent 2025–2026 research continues to probe RF-EMF effects: systematic reviews highlight ongoing concerns about oxidative stress, circadian disruption, and non-thermal biological impacts, even as official bodies like WHO and ICNIRP maintain no consistent harm below thermal thresholds. Independent critiques accuse some assessments of industry influence and omission of key data. The debate is far from settled, but the sheer density of signals in 2026—billions of devices, 5G+ rollouts—creates an unprecedented experiment on human biology.

Here are glimpses of our modern “utopia”: hyper-connected cities pulsing with screens, towers, and invisible fields, where convenience masks deeper disconnection.

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

by aedens » Sun Sep 27, 2026 5:47 pm

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

by aedens » Fri Sep 25, 2026 11:36 pm

https://foreignassistance.gov/
Into the increasing wasting.
They will not even pretend to care.
https://www.usdebtclock.org/

March sweeps under way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki6xHnDAwHw
While the haves and the have-nots struggle over the division of existing wealth, it is the business of the State to improve itself at the expense of both; it picks up the marbles while the boys are fighting. That has been the story of men in organized society since the beginning.

https://www.nber.org/papers/w8942
viewtopic.php?p=87912#p87912

viewtopic.php?p=87919#p87919
Chained and sent to the front. No date needed here as they wipe out those of the Book as the People of Letter pay for it.
thread: isa55

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

by Higgenbotham » Thu Sep 24, 2026 3:10 pm

Higgenbotham wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2026 12:50 pm I didn't move as quickly with the conversion from double inverse to triple inverse as planned in this previous post, but as of the end of this week I have converted 93% of my accounts from double inverse to triple inverse. I looked for places where I could likely get a short term bounce when making the conversion, which was difficult. This week, the market was nervous about the inflation number and it will typically have some volatility in front of a release like this so I was able to take advantage of that. Though the volatility was more than I anticipated. I will be looking for someplace to do the last 7% as soon as possible and maybe the 10 year will cross the 5.0 to 5.3 percent area if I am lucky. Crossing 5.3 percent would take the 10 year to the highest level since 2002.

https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/%5ETNX# ... VzIjp7fX0=
I did the last 7% last week and am 100% in triple inverse. The 10 year has been up to multi year highs the past 2 days, climbing more today, but not over 5.3%. Meantime, some are explaining why that is not a problem. If the stock market collapses, then some will explain why it is a problem after the fact. AI says we're not in a Puetz crash window and it says even if we were it doesn't matter. But we are in a Puetz crash window and the fact nobody is talking about it is a good thing if you are looking for a crash.

I don't know what it will take to break this thing because everything that I thought would has already happened. For instance, birth rates fell for a few years, maybe 7 or 8 years, before the 1929 and 1966 tops but this time around they have already fallen more from the 2007 peak in birth rates, I think it was.

Image

I think they're looking for 3.55 million births this year, down a bit from 2025, which was down a bit from 2024. You can say everything is moving more slowly in the new dark age as all available reserves are used to prop things up.

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

by Higgenbotham » Thu Sep 24, 2026 2:08 pm

During the 2008 and 2009 collapse, financial stress and surging commodity prices drove a huge wave of car part thefts. At my apartment complex, I saw a shattered car window mid day. I thought the heat had blown it out. What had happened instead was thieves had smashed my neighbor's car window out and made off with his stereo system in broad daylight.

The next financial collapse may make that one look like a picnic. I can imagine people coming out of grocery stores and finding the wheels gone from their cars. As they're standing there wondering what to do the thieves might grab their groceries.

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

by Higgenbotham » Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:39 pm

My wife had a new car that had one of those cheap donuts. I said we really ought to get a new wheel and have a proper spare. So I looked at prices and wheels were something like $400. I said we'll wait a few years until some of these things end up in the junkyard. Meantime, a wheel from the junkyard for the Camry is $20.

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

by Higgenbotham » Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:00 pm

So if you want to collapse now and avoid the rush this is one practical way to do it.
Which makes, models and model years of cars have the best availability of used salvage yard bumpers and fenders?

AI Overview

High-volume mass-market vehicles—especially top-selling trucks and commuter sedans from the 2000s to 2010s like the Ford F-150, Toyota Camry, and Honda Civic—have the best salvage yard availability for bumpers and fenders due to high road presence and frequent turnover in wrecking yards.

Top Vehicles with Best Availability

Full-Size Trucks: Ford F-150 (1997–2014), Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (1999–2013), and Ram 1500 (2002–2015).
Compact & Midsize Sedans: Honda Civic (2006–2015), Toyota Camry (2002–2016), and Nissan Altima (2007–2018).
Compact SUVs: Toyota RAV4 (2006–2012) and Honda CR-V (2007–2011).
Which makes, models and model years of cars have the best availability of used salvage yard parts?

AI Overview

Vehicles with the highest production volumes and long multi-year generation runs offer the best salvage yard availability. Top choices include the Ford F-150 (1997–2014), Toyota Camry (2002–2011), Honda Civic (2006–2015), and GM sedans featuring the 3800 V6 engine (1998–2008).

Top Makes and Models for Used Parts

Ford F-150 (1997–2014): America’s best-selling vehicle line means an immense supply in every regional U-Pull-It or full-service yard.
Toyota Camry & Corolla (2000s–2010s): Massive production numbers and reliable mechanical parts that routinely end up in yards due to high mileage or minor collisions.
Honda Civic & Accord (2000s–2015): High tuner and commuter popularity ensures constant inventory across pick-and-pull chains.
GM W-Body & H-Body Sedans (1998–2008): Chevy Impala, Pontiac Grand Prix, and Buick LeSabre models equipped with the indestructible 3800 Series II/III V6 engine.
My wife and I were just discussing practical aspects of this. We agreed it is better to pay around $4,000 for a one owner car that I determined on inspection and discussion with the owner likely had a well maintained engine and transmission rather than spending $500 on a junked car and rebuilding it. But there are different extremes people may be willing to go to depending on circumstances. The Camry I bought wasn't perfect by any stretch but I thought it mostly had the right things wrong with it. I had to replace the MAF sensor because he had put a cheap air filter in that was Made in China. With more time, there were better or equivalent cheaper cars I could have bought. I'm pretty sure it will go another 200K from date of purchase which would make the car worth multiples of $4,000 to me.

We also discussed how I looked at a Corolla that an Indian engineer owned. I pulled the dipstick out and it had varnish on it and I said no thank you.

As far as "parts" go, I wouldn't, for example, put a used MAF sensor or alternator on a car today. I'd just go with a new OEM part. I think I paid $120 for a new Denso MAF sensor. My thinking there is when supply chains collapse, I want to have good reliable parts on the car. At the same time, if a part is needed after supply chains collapse, used parts will be more widely available.

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

by Higgenbotham » Wed Sep 23, 2026 2:14 pm

For someone who wants to go to extremes to save a buck, the cars that are totaled out can be purchased for somewhere around $500 and then repaired for maybe another $500 in parts if it's the right car and situation, such as what I'm describing above.

I didn't want to go to that extreme because I was looking for particular makes, vintages, and ownership. I don't really like working on cars that much, so prefer cars that are well engineered and reliable.

Also, I knew someone who had a relationship with a salvage yard. The salvage yard would call him when a late model car or pickup came in. Then if he wanted it they would sell him the car and the parts in a package. He would repair it in his garage and then either drive it himself or sell it. This way he was always driving for free essentially. He lived quite well on very little to the age of 96. He had Buske equipment and tie downs built into the cement in his garage.

One issue with doing this is the title will be labeled salvage.

Salvage vs. Rebuilt Title

A salvage title is an official designation given to a vehicle that an insurance company has declared a total loss because the cost to repair it is greater than the car's market value.

Salvage Title: The car remains in a damaged, non-roadworthy state.
Rebuilt Title: Once a salvage vehicle is repaired, passes a strict state inspection, and is proven safe, the state issues a rebuilt (or branded) title, making it legal to register, drive, and insure again.

That didn't happen with my car because I avoided the lenocracy, as described previously.

"Lenocracy" is a neologism popularized by author John Michael Greer on his blog Ecosophia. Derived from leno—the Latin word for a pimp—it describes a parasitic sociopolitical and economic system run by middlemen who do not produce actual value, but instead demand a cut or toll from everyone else's productive labor.

Core Meaning

Etymology: Built from the Latin leno (pimp, panderer) combined with the suffix -cracy (rule by).

The Dynamic: Instead of a meritocracy or traditional oligarchy, a lenocracy functions as a network of gatekeepers, administrators, and rent-seekers holding their hands out for a fee.

Economic Impact: It drains productivity, inflates the cost of living or doing business, and creates bureaucratic gridlock by inserting mandatory layers of oversight or platform extraction between producers and consumers.

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

by Higgenbotham » Wed Sep 23, 2026 1:20 pm

Higgenbotham wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2026 8:48 pm I have a 2001 Corolla and a 2003 Camry. I'm the original owner of the Corolla and both are paid for. I also spent a bit of time to source the Camry. It is a one owner car and I bought it from a guy who retired as some kind of technical expert from the state government agency that regulates the electrical grid. I paid him $4,200 for it, which some would say is too much but my assessment of the car was that it is likely to be good for at least another 200K miles. So far, I haven't been disappointed. I do most of the maintenance on them. My wife got into an accident with the Camry. The other driver called the police and a report was written. Before I could get there, the cop had already unnecessarily called a tow (typical scam). The next day I went to the tow yard and told them to tow it to my garage. I hadn't had an at-fault accident or a claim since 2004. The insurance company did an investigation and determined my wife was not at fault so our rates will not be going up. They also voluntarily paid for the tow. But before they did that, I told both insurance companies that I would be doing all the repairs on the Camry. The driver's side window was smashed out, the driver's side mirror, front bumper, fender, and headlight have to be replaced. Two of the lug nuts were fused on and I had to twist the stems off by hand to get the tire off. Today I got the door disassembled with no issues to get ready to replace the window.
Now I'm ready to replace parts. When someone has a common older car like a 2003 Camry, the wrench a part places will have plenty of them. This is the local inventory:

Image

If they don't have my color I can either wait or go to one of their other 6 locations. But they do have it. Best to buy a car in a standard color if you want to do this type of thing.

Here is some of the price list. I can get all the parts for well under $200. Common parts on the remainder of the price list - windshield $20, wheel $20, etc. While I'm down at the yard, I can also pull parts to upgrade the car.

Image

When I look through everything in all 7 yards, which is about 50 cars, it looks like some that needed very similar repairs to this one were totaled out by insurance. That's because a body shop using insurance might be charging 5K to do these repairs (I'm not sure exactly) whereas the blue book on the car may be 2.5K. But my personal blue book is much higher, one reason being due to the availability of parts.

Not to say this is for everyone or that most people should or would do this, but it's one example of how to avoid the rackets or, as the Archdruid puts it, the lenocracy and to keep your cost of living low.

Top