A question

Awakening eras, crisis eras, crisis wars, generational financial crashes, as applied to historical and current events
Trevor

A question

Post by Trevor »

I'm curious: why didn't different parts of the United States form on different timelines, at least for a while until they merged. We're certainly large enough for that to be the case and it occurred with China until all of the timelines linked together. We're about the same size as they are, so why didn't we have that difficulty?

John

Re: A question

Post by John »

Dear Trevor,
Trevor wrote: I'm curious: why didn't different parts of the United States form
on different timelines, at least for a while until they
merged. We're certainly large enough for that to be the case and
it occurred with China until all of the timelines linked
together. We're about the same size as they are, so why didn't we
have that difficulty?
They were on different timelines. Matt Ignal did a bunch of
work on the timelines of the Indian tribes in the northeast,
prior to King Philip's War (1670s), which unified them.
Some of the Indian tribes near the Mississippi were more
on France's timeline. And the South was on a different
timeline that merged in the Revolutionary and Civil Wars.

John

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I admit, I was referring to the foundation of our country, although I think I should probably have specified that in the question. What timeline was the South on? I am reasonably knowledgeable about history, although not nearly to the extent you are, but what was their crisis war? (or crisis, since it does seem like every while in a while, a crisis occurs without one)

John

Post by John »

Quite honestly, after all these years I've forgotten. When I have
a chance, I'll see if I can find some old material on this subject.

John

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Thanks; I find that a bit confusing, although not entirely surprising, considering the Principle of Localization. We got lucky with our civil war; most of them end in very brutal governments.

Just wondering: Is Howe familiar with Generational Dynamics?

John

Post by John »

Dear Trevor,
Trevor wrote: > Just wondering: Is Howe familiar with Generational Dynamics?
I've pretty much given up on all of those guys. They consider
Generational Dynamics to be an apostasy, as if The Fourth Turning
were like the Koran, the inviolable word of Allah.

John

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

John wrote:Dear Trevor,
Trevor wrote: > Just wondering: Is Howe familiar with Generational Dynamics?
I've pretty much given up on all of those guys. They consider

John
Yeah, I've heard you mention Cassandra. I've mentioned some of the stuff on this website to others and get blown off and shouted at, often because it doesn't fit their political views. There is someone who listens and thinks I have a point, even if he doesn't agree with everything, but he happens to be a late-wave silent; anyone younger is skeptical at best and furious at worst.

It does remind me of the thoughts we had about Japan before Pearl Harbor: "They wouldn't attack us, and even if they do, we could beat them easily." I think it's just because this is not something that people want to believe.

Btw, I did think of a secondary criteria for determining a crisis on non-crisis war. Wars don't always go your way, and eventually, casualties are going to start to mount. In a non-crisis war, there's a growing feeling that the war isn't worth fighting, that the country should negotiate and make peace. In a crisis war, it will only harden their resolve and make the country more determined to win.

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

John wrote: I've pretty much given up on all of those guys. They consider
The difference between a cult and a religion is if it can survive the passing of the leader. A religion is not dependent on a particular individual.

Sometimes Generational Dynamics seems like it is what you say it is. For example, your claim that hyperinflation is impossible in a crisis era even though the US has had hyperinflation in 2 crisis eras already. Seems a bit dogmatic and not scientific.

You are clearly the expert on Generational Dynamics. It is an amazing insight to how the world works. With great knowledge comes a feeling of power. However, I think you also need to be careful that you don't think your word is the inviolable word of Allah. :-)

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I personally don't see the war coming for maybe 3-4 years, but I do think it'll happen, and I hope we're at least making some preparations, although considering that I see the heads of the people in charge (of both parties) stuck in a snug place, I'm not real hopeful. We have numerous advantages in this war, and China could delude themselves, same as Japan did, though they will be much tougher to defeat.

John

Post by John »

vincecate wrote:Sometimes Generational Dynamics seems like it is what you say it is. For example, your claim that hyperinflation is impossible in a crisis era even though the US has had hyperinflation in 2 crisis eras already. Seems a bit dogmatic and not scientific.
I don't know why I bother answering ANY of your questions, Vince, since you
never even pay attention.

And if you really feel the way you say, then I don't know why you
bother to ask.

John