Acute vs chronic crises

Awakening eras, crisis eras, crisis wars, generational financial crashes, as applied to historical and current events
JasonB

Acute vs chronic crises

Post by JasonB »

I am a long time reader of your site, and we have traded e-mails in the past. Your site introduced me to generational theory. I ordered the DVD of the movie you mentioned too (I hope you get a cut of sales referred from your website!)

I just read "The Fourth Turning", and I am trying to reconcile your site with the book. I have some questions, if you would be kind enough to answer them. They fall into international / economic and domestic categories;

International / economic
The book predicted a crisis that would precipitate the 4th turning, followed by 20 years of crisis, tearing down the old and making way for the new. I immediately thought of 9/11 as the acute crisis, and that we are now in a chronic crisis to last 20 years. You seem to think that a stock market crash and world war are inevitable. Couldn't the acute crisis be past, and we are looking forward to 20 years of a "Long Emergency" or what I think of as a downward staircase of multiple small crises? This might include multiple stock marked corrections down to a fair value, and multiple low intensity or proxy wars. Manipulated for maximum profit extraction the whole way, of course. There is so much money to be made in the volatility of this crisis, GS won't let go of the levers willingly. They'll have to be pried from their cold, dead hands.

Domestic
Many things will have to change, institutions that were built up over the last 3 generations. The Federal Reserve Bank, Social Security, the medical insurance system, public sector pensions, the Dollar as world reserve currency, the bureaucratic and civil service systems of public sector employment. I would be curious what you think.

VinceP1974

Re: Acute vs chronic crises

Post by VinceP1974 »

I believe what we're going to see is a world controlled by the Islamic world.

They control the majority of the energy resource (oil) in the world. The Western World has established an economy which will totally decimate their (the West's) ability to sustain themselves (the West) for more than a month if oil is cut off. The Western Economy cannot smoothly retreat to trade models that formed the basis for the economy we have now.. so if the things that permit us to have the abstract information and service economy we have now are destroyed, there's nothing to support any of this.

The islamic world knows this.. the Financial Crisis has only confirmed to them what a house of cards this all is.

They will exploit this when they feel they have the ability to survive our initial self-defense from their first strike.

I dont believe there will a recovery after the crisis. The Islamic world will destroy the world's ability to progress.

dearprudence66

Re: Acute vs chronic crises

Post by dearprudence66 »

What about think tank created crisis?

I'm curious why 100% of this forum is dedicated to talking Americans out of their sovereignty at every conceivable level & hiding behind cloaks of respectable "Christian values". Food for thought.