Tytler Cycle

Awakening eras, crisis eras, crisis wars, generational financial crashes, as applied to historical and current events
Tom Mazanec

Tytler Cycle

Post by Tom Mazanec »

~200 year cycle...America is nearing the end:
https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... oomed.html
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

FishbellykanakaDude

Re: Tytler Cycle

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Tom Mazanec wrote:~200 year cycle...America is nearing the end:
https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... oomed.html
Did you notice that the 8 "phases" within those 200 years come to 25ish years per phase?

25 is quite close to 22, which is the "average-ish" length of a generation.
8 generations is about 2 four generation GD Crisis cycles.

The 8 cycles from the article are:
  • 1) From bondage to spiritual faith;
  • 2) From spiritual faith to great courage;
  • 3) From courage to liberty;
  • 4) From liberty to abundance;
  • 5) From abundance to selfishness;
  • 6) From selfishness to apathy;
  • 7) From apathy to dependence;
  • 8) From dependence back into bondage.
I would argue that a slightly-ish more accurate-er "length of democracy" would be 176ish years, but that's just because I'm generally rather argumentative, and a bit persnickety.

..and, as I'm now FORCED to argue with myself, as all propositions must be argued with to continue the discussion, even with myself, that implies (kinda) that the "missing" 24ish years (1ish generation) is either distributed INTO the aforementioned 176ish years, bringing the "cycle" to 200ish years, OR some weird 9th cycle appears that brings us to 200ish years.

I'm not sure which (or "if either"), and unless it becomes rather obvious how that problem is solved, I will NOT be researching that question personally, as I don't really care that terribly much.

:)

FishbellykanakaDude

Also,.. it may be that after 200ish years, a population in a particular area builds up a "plaque" that's somehow "on" that area, after the area has experienced TWO (2!!) genocidal crisis events, that is just really "icky" (technical term to be defined eventually), and the population simply can't "get over" it (the "ick") and devolves into one or another version of a "tyranny" that is (somehow) a "cleansing agent/period" that makes the area "not overly unpleasantly habitable" by that "old" population?

Four generations back is your grandfather's father, or your father's grandfather. A mythical but real-ish time, because there is a decent possibility that a living person can describe it to you in very vague terms.

Eight generations back is completely mythical and unbelievable, especially if people are no longer "on the land".

There are 3 genocidal events in those 200ish years. The "origin story", the 100ish year "great threat" middle one, and 200ish year "downfall" one.

The first half is the "bondage to abundance" story, where the slave becomes the king, and the "great threat" is the unsuccessful threat to the new king's (people's) faith, courage, liberty and abundance.

The second half is the "abundance to bondage" story, where the king is enslaved, and the "downfall" is the successful threat to the now-old kings's (people's) unity, ability, independence and freedom (the opposites of selfishness, apathy, dependence and bondage).

So,.. after 200ish years, the "people" either become an entirely "new" young people (who have "overthrown" their 3rd Crisis Tyrant), or a "refreshed" ancient-ish people "united" by the example of their escape from servitude 8+ generations before (who are "still struggling" with their 3rd Crisis Tyrant).

Essentially, the "icky plaque" is "cleansed" by overcoming the 3rd Crisis Tyrant, whereupon the territory is either "habitable" again or the territory is abandoned (macro-culturally) and a new one is found.

John

Post by John »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote: > I would argue that a slightly-ish more accurate-er "length of
> democracy" would be 176ish years, but that's just because I'm
> generally rather argumentative, and a bit persnickety.
Since you seem to be researching this question personally, and you
must care terribly much, you might consider that there are points of
flexibility in the turnings in the generational cycle.

First turning - T1 = 15 years (hard)
Second turning - T2 = 20 years (flexible)
Third turning - T3 = 23 years (flexible)
BUT: T1+T2+T3 = 58 (hard)
Fourth Turning - depends on when regeneracy occurs
Fifth Turning - if no crisis war in Fourth Turning
T4 or T5 ends with climax of crisis war (flexible)

So perhaps there are similar points of flexibility in the Tytler Cycle
that could explain the discrepancy that you're researching.

FishbellykanakaDude

..<snicker> ..he said "TYT-ler",.. <snicker snicker snicker...!>

< a moment of Beavis and Butthead >

Unless it's "Tight-ler", in which case,.. never mind.