Guatemala situation - any comments

Awakening eras, crisis eras, crisis wars, generational financial crashes, as applied to historical and current events
OLD1953

Guatemala situation - any comments

Post by OLD1953 »

The Guatemala situation described here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/10/world ... emala.html

seems contrary to the usual cycles. It does appear this is being forced on them from outside though. I was wondering if anyone has more knowledge or insights into this particular situation.

CrosstimbersOkie

Re: Guatemala situation - any comments

Post by CrosstimbersOkie »

It's forced in the sense that they are desperately fighting to survive the same forces that are wrecking Mexico. I work in a federal prison. We house many inmates facing deportation once their US sentence is complete. Included are a significant number of Guatemalans. For two or three years they have been telling me how terrified Guatemalans are of MS-13 & Los Zetas. The government is so serious about it that curfews exist throughout the country and anyone wearing what look to be prison tattoos are rounded up and jailed as quickly as they can be identified. Consequently, Guatemalan inmates are the most clean cut and civilized group of inmates I know. No tattoos or very small ones obtained in the free world and easily hidden by clothing. No exotic piercings, no rings or bones sticking through the nose. None of that BS and they nearly all to a man speak good English.

They are subscribing to the age old wisdom that if you look like a thug there's a possibility that you may be a thug and the police are going to find out if you are.