Long time reader, haven't posted for awhile

Start here, say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
jmm1184

Long time reader, haven't posted for awhile

Post by jmm1184 »

Hello!

I've been a longtime reader for many years and an occasional poster, but I haven't been on for awhile, but now I'm hoping to be on more consistently, so I figured I'd share a little bit about myself here.

I'm a 30 year-old high-school history teacher from Tennessee. I love history and have been fascinated with generational theory since I discovered Strauss and Howe's generational theory in 2005 and generational dynamics in 2008. I am especially fascinated by differing generational timelines and in my very scant spare time I research generational cycles. I hope one day to have as comprehensive a list as we can of generational cycles throughout history, going back to Ancient Sumer and Egypt. I include a culture's myths and legends as a possible source for generational history as well, stemming from an interest in Greek Mythology in particular.

I'm a Christian but am open to other views and perspectives, and I try to be a loving, gracious, and kind person to all.

I also enjoy worldbuilding in addition to learning and reading about history, and am working on creating a fictional country whose history is shaped by the principles of generational dynamics.

I look forward to interacting with you on the forum!

Cool Breeze

Re: Long time reader, haven't posted for awhile

Post by Cool Breeze »

You seem like an interesting guy, good work, they'll love your energy here.