Inflation, deflation, gold and currencies

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
gerald

Re: Inflation, deflation, gold and currencies

Post by gerald »

interesting comments http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-1 ... ply-square

Mon, 04/15/2013 - 15:46 | 3451967BLOTTO

Interesting date April 15th is... i picked some of the more 'interesting' ones

1865 – Abraham Lincoln dies after being shot the previous evening by actor John Wilkes Booth.

1892 – The General Electric Company is formed.

1936 – First day of the Arab revolt in Palestine.

1969 – The EC-121 shootdown incident: North Korea shoots down a United States Navy aircraft over the Sea of Japan, killing all 31 on board.

1986 – The United States launches Operation El Dorado Canyon, its bombing raids against Libyan targets in response to a bombing in West Germany that killed two U.S. servicemen.

1989 – Upon Hu Yaobang's death, the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 begin in the People's Republic of China.

1912 – The British passenger liner RMS Titanic sinks in the North Atlantic at 2:20 a.m., two hours and forty minutes after hitting an iceberg. Only 710 of 2,227 passengers and crew on board survived.

Again, they follow astrology (dates),

numerology and

sacred geometry...

They follow a different set of laws...the fiction is the reality...this 'reality' (they've created for us) we live in = illusion

Mon, 04/15/2013 - 15:49 | 3452100Panafrican Funk...

In tandem with the "once in thirty years" event in gold, this is a pretty interesting day. Funny how gold fell precipitously right before an event that would normally cause gold to spike strongly.

Hmmm

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

Sunday I wrote a post "Japan to be First Currency Domino". Today I discovered that I could buy puts on FXY and so make dollars if the yen goes down. I have just now become the proud owner of some puts on FXY. This diversifies my book to include calls on SLV, puts on S&P, and puts on FXY. Only trouble is if the dollars become worthless. Since I have calls on SLV I already have that angle covered, as long as the ETF backers, options exchange, broker, etc don't fail. Hold together baby...

http://howfiatdies.blogspot.com/2013/04 ... omino.html

Some people talk their book, but since my blog only has 2 followers, and one of them is me, that would not do much good. So really what I am doing is making my book match my talk, a couple days later. :-)

-- Vince

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

I bought more puts on FXY this morning. More and more I like the bet that the Yen is going down. Everything I think I understand about hyperinflation says that Japan's currency will be in big trouble.

I like the pair of SLV calls and FXY puts even better than my long standing SLV calls and SPY puts.

Higgie, what do you think of betting that the Yen goes down?

jcsok

Post by jcsok »

We may be almost down to the bottom of the swirl in the toilet bowl. Look at the graph of delivery eligible gold in JPM, courtesy of Zerohedge.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-2 ... l-time-low

Where has it gone? Was it ever there? As I previously posted, internet sellers are out of PM, both gold and silver. Your local merchandisers are out of lead and brass, courtesy of Homeland Security. This movie is getting scary, and most people don't realize that they are in the cast.

In my own small world on the farm, crop production of wheat and corn has me on edge because of weather. I have NEVER experienced record low temps this late in the year. We have had 3 consecutive weeks of temps dropping below freezing, each 7 days apart. Another cold front is forecast for next week. Winter wheat production MAY be severely decreased in Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas as a result. One friend in western Oklahoma told me yesterday that normally the custom combine crew from North Dakota was on their way to Texas this time of the year; this year the combine headers were still buried in a snow bank, and hadn't been seen.

gerald

Post by gerald »

Does history rhyme ? looks like it --- Note it only took a Presidential executive order to get it started ---

The Gold Confiscation Of April 5, 1933

From: President of the United States Franklin Delano Roosevelt
To: The United States Congress
Dated: 5 April, 1933
Presidential Executive Order 6102

History rhymes ---

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Connecticut Begins Gold Dealer Shutdown
Jeff Berwick
Activist Post

If you don't own gold yet, you might really want to hurry up and get some. We keep saying it, but this time it's not just because physical precious metals are getting incredibly scarce. Purchasing gold may become outright illegal if what's going on in Connecticut is any indication.

Even if Connecticut's plan to track all gold sales isn't a harbinger for a modern day Roosevelt-like ban on gold ownership, it will at the very least drive gold bullion dealers out of business with the cost of complying with the new regulation. That will create artificial scarcity in Connecticut and could set a precedent for other US States.

From the Connecticut General Assembly website:
AN ACT CONCERNING PRECIOUS METALS OR STONES DEALERS.
To require precious metals or stones dealers to provide a periodic statement of transactions in an electronic format to the local licensing authority and retain any goods purchased for at least ten days, and to make the requirements applicable to precious metals or stones dealers similar to those applicable to secondhand dealers.
Introduced by: Public Safety and Security Committee
As economist Gary North pointed out concering this bill: "You may recall that the terror of the French Revolution was run by the Committee on Public Safety." In the section on "Bullions and Coins", the bill says:
For bullion and coin sales, in addition to the requirements under current law, the bill requires dealers to keep the record in English, be consecutively numbered, and include the seller’s general description.
Did you catch that last part about including the seller's general description?

This may be only the relatively tiny state of Connecticut, but the very fact that any government in the US is paying so much attention to gold transactions should send a very clear signal. Not only should you be running -- not walking -- to get more gold ...You should also be running to get a lot of it outside of the US as a clampdown seems to be in the works.

Maybe it's no coincidence that this bill is being introduced in Connecticut. It may not be long before the federal government starts publicly associating precious metals and Bitcoin with "terrorists" who are trying to hide their purchases of bomb-making materials. The state of Connecticut and the city of Boston, Massachusetts have been host to the kind of violence that governments love to use to restrict gun ownership and to increase surveillance powers. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw similar legislation to what Connecticut is proposing coming out of Massachusetts. Eventually, I imagine such legislation sweeping across the US.

There will come a time when you will simply not be able to get precious metals because of a lack of supply (and no one will sell at any dollar price) ... or because purchase and ownership of the metals will be flat out illegal. This isn't hyperbole. This is a prediction based on history and current trends.

We have all watched as mere penstrokes have increased the state's power to monitor, spy upon and kill. Less than eighty years ago, a US president completely and abruptly outlawed the ownership of gold in a time of declared crisis. Does anyone reading this really think that something like that couldn't hapen again as the monetary system is its death throes and the US empire is inevitably resulting in the US police state?

The state will start to take strong action against gold and decentralized currencies. This is to be expected during The End Of The Monetary System As We Know It. Make sure to act before it's too late. Get your gold and then secure it somewhere the US government won't be able to steal it.

gerald

Post by gerald »

gerald wrote:Does history rhyme ? looks like it --- Note it only took a Presidential executive order to get it started ---

The Gold Confiscation Of April 5, 1933

From: President of the United States Franklin Delano Roosevelt
To: The United States Congress
Dated: 5 April, 1933
Presidential Executive Order 6102

History rhymes ---

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Connecticut Begins Gold Dealer Shutdown
Jeff Berwick
Activist Post

If you don't own gold yet, you might really want to hurry up and get some. We keep saying it, but this time it's not just because physical precious metals are getting incredibly scarce. Purchasing gold may become outright illegal if what's going on in Connecticut is any indication.

Even if Connecticut's plan to track all gold sales isn't a harbinger for a modern day Roosevelt-like ban on gold ownership, it will at the very least drive gold bullion dealers out of business with the cost of complying with the new regulation. That will create artificial scarcity in Connecticut and could set a precedent for other US States.

From the Connecticut General Assembly website:
AN ACT CONCERNING PRECIOUS METALS OR STONES DEALERS.
To require precious metals or stones dealers to provide a periodic statement of transactions in an electronic format to the local licensing authority and retain any goods purchased for at least ten days, and to make the requirements applicable to precious metals or stones dealers similar to those applicable to secondhand dealers.
Introduced by: Public Safety and Security Committee
As economist Gary North pointed out concering this bill: "You may recall that the terror of the French Revolution was run by the Committee on Public Safety." In the section on "Bullions and Coins", the bill says:
For bullion and coin sales, in addition to the requirements under current law, the bill requires dealers to keep the record in English, be consecutively numbered, and include the seller’s general description.
Did you catch that last part about including the seller's general description?

This may be only the relatively tiny state of Connecticut, but the very fact that any government in the US is paying so much attention to gold transactions should send a very clear signal. Not only should you be running -- not walking -- to get more gold ...You should also be running to get a lot of it outside of the US as a clampdown seems to be in the works.

Maybe it's no coincidence that this bill is being introduced in Connecticut. It may not be long before the federal government starts publicly associating precious metals and Bitcoin with "terrorists" who are trying to hide their purchases of bomb-making materials. The state of Connecticut and the city of Boston, Massachusetts have been host to the kind of violence that governments love to use to restrict gun ownership and to increase surveillance powers. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw similar legislation to what Connecticut is proposing coming out of Massachusetts. Eventually, I imagine such legislation sweeping across the US.

There will come a time when you will simply not be able to get precious metals because of a lack of supply (and no one will sell at any dollar price) ... or because purchase and ownership of the metals will be flat out illegal. This isn't hyperbole. This is a prediction based on history and current trends.

We have all watched as mere penstrokes have increased the state's power to monitor, spy upon and kill. Less than eighty years ago, a US president completely and abruptly outlawed the ownership of gold in a time of declared crisis. Does anyone reading this really think that something like that couldn't hapen again as the monetary system is its death throes and the US empire is inevitably resulting in the US police state?

The state will start to take strong action against gold and decentralized currencies. This is to be expected during The End Of The Monetary System As We Know It. Make sure to act before it's too late. Get your gold and then secure it somewhere the US government won't be able to steal it.
And this could get interesting --- kinda like Yin and Yang --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_and_yang

Arizona Becomes 2nd State To Make Gold & Silver Legal Tender

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-0 ... gal-tender

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

Is anyone else betting on the Yen going down? I am thinking this may be the best bet I make in my whole life. I can get put options that go till Jan 2014 and could pay off 100 to 1 if the Yen is less than half by then. Given what I think I know about hyperinflation (see http://howfiatdies.blogspot.com/) I think the odds of this are well over 50%. If I really have over 50% chance of 100 to 1 payoff, then it is an amazing bet. Seems Kyle Bass, Peter Schiff, George Soros, and many other really smart people think the Yen is going down. Anyone else here think it is going down?

The only way I could imagine it not going down is if Bernanke started buying up lots of Yen with new dollars. Since I have lots of options on SLV I think I would still be fine if that happened.

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

I have a theory on why gold went down. It started down right after the Japanese central bank said they would double the monetary base in the next 2 years. Printing lots of money usually would be thought of as something that makes gold go up. So what gives? My theory is that a bunch of smart gold bugs have diverted some of their wealth to bet against the yen. I know Peter Schiff, Kyle Bass, Mish Shedlock, and Vince Cate did this. :-) Many of the kind of people who like gold are also the kind of people who can tell the yen is going down. If I am right, then after the yen crashes there will be a lot of rich gold bugs moving back into gold. I have not seen this theory anywhere but really think it is right. I am feeling really good about my bet on the Yen going down. Time will tell.

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

Mish thinks Japan will get a spike in long term interest rates and currency crisis soon. So do I.

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot. ... anese.html

John

Post by John »

vincecate wrote:I have a theory on why gold went down. It started down right after the Japanese central bank said they would double the monetary base in the next 2 years. Printing lots of money usually would be thought of as something that makes gold go up. So what gives? My theory is that a bunch of smart gold bugs have diverted some of their wealth to bet against the yen. I know Peter Schiff, Kyle Bass, Mish Shedlock, and Vince Cate did this. :-) Many of the kind of people who like gold are also the kind of people who can tell the yen is going down. If I am right, then after the yen crashes there will be a lot of rich gold bugs moving back into gold. I have not seen this theory anywhere but really think it is right. I am feeling really good about my bet on the Yen going down. Time will tell.
Watch out, Vince. The yen has been falling, but that doesn't mean that it
will continue falling, and some analysts think it won't.

It's something about "catching a falling knife."