Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
MarvyGuy

Re: Financial topics

Post by MarvyGuy »

John wrote: provide a simultaneous real-time translation, if you care to provide one.
Humph - hard enough for me to keep up with since I do this at the expense of other things! I can say that you have all the keys in fact since they are here in this forum space going back to 2008ish. It is the most interesting vault of information I have found anywhere and I have yet to plumb its depths having just discovered it recently. I should have been here trying to figure it all out as a lot of it pertains to what is coming to the EU and US soon I fear as a result of acronyms such as ZIRP, NIRP and TPTB, TPTW, TBTJ and TBTF (among others I am sure).

zero Interest rate, neg. Interest rate, the powers that be, the powers that were, too big to jail, too big to fail

Nathan G

Post by Nathan G »

MarvyGuy wrote:
Humph - hard enough for me to keep up with since I do this at the expense of other things! I can say that you have all the keys in fact since they are here in this forum space going back to 2008ish. It is the most interesting vault of information I have found anywhere and I have yet to plumb its depths having just discovered it recently. I should have been here trying to figure it all out as a lot of it pertains to what is coming to the EU and US soon I fear as a result of acronyms such as ZIRP, NIRP and TPTB, TPTW, TBTJ and TBTF (among others I am sure).

zero Interest rate, neg. Interest rate, the powers that be, the powers that were, too big to jail, too big to fail
As far as I know, the only irreducible information in the universe has to do with astrophysics, philosophy, theology, etc. Imho anyone so wrapped up in just economics and politics has a very limited scope on reality.

John

Post by John »

Nathan G wrote: > As far as I know, the only irreducible information in the universe
> has to do with astrophysics, philosophy, theology, etc. Imho
> anyone so wrapped up in just economics and politics has a very
> limited scope on reality.

Astrophysics and mathematics maybe. But philosophy and theology are
not so different from economics or politics.

MarvyGuy

Post by MarvyGuy »

They thought the world was made up of four irreducible elements: earth, air, fire, and water.

Once Cuba is open where will the rascals go?
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/m ... -dictators

Mt 6//
19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Mt 13//
47 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a dragnet that was cast into the sea and gathered some of every kind, 48 which, when it was full, they drew to shore; and they sat down and gathered the good into vessels, but threw the bad away. 49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.” 51 Jesus said to them, “Have you understood all these things?” They said to Him, “Yes, Lord.” 52 Then He said to them, “Therefore every scribe instructed concerning the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings out of his treasure things new and old.”

Well it is, after all, The Finance Section! But we discuss so much more than finance here of late; I know Aedens understands what I try to say and it is enough for me here in this small oasis. I am not trained in finance nor philosophy nor theology nor history and have a small and unimportant intellect (I blame fluoride and diet coke but I digress). Still I enjoy seeing each day where Aedens will direct and so far has been a fun trip.

The fall of a society can happen very quickly. Our society has taken roughly 50 years to topple. If the previous example of the Russian culture is any example, we can expect it to take many multiples of 50 years to undo this damage, if and only if the pendulum has reached its maximum amplitude and now begins to swing back, which I fear has not yet happened. Morality cannot be legislated. Cultures cannot be purged of evil, selfishness and sloth overnight – even with a war. I cannot lie to you and tell you that short of Divine Intervention, this situation will resolve itself in any of our lifetimes. We had “it.” We had “it”, and we squandered “it”, and now “it” is gone, and no governmental, economic or monetary policy will get “it” back. “It” can only come from God, dwelling in the hearts of men, and God only comes to men if they specifically ask Him.

We, the people, always have been and always will be the ultimate backing commodity of our currency, because at its core, money is merely the representative device for a man’s capacity to produce and create. Dishonest men do not create or produce. They steal. Thus, the currency of a morally degenerated society is by definition degenerate itself. The currency of a degenerate society is the proxy not for a man’s ability to work and think, but rather a proxy for a man’s capacity to steal and evade work.

We used to be like gold – beautiful and warm. Now we are like pig iron – cold, brittle and good-for-nothing. And THAT is what constitutes the “full faith and credit” that backs the U.S. Dollar. So long as our culture remains degenerate, our currency can never be anything but spiraling, worthless trash.

>>>

We are created by God, and we exist through time. We can labor, produce and create and be paid MONEY for our labor or production in time. When we save money, we are saving up weeks, months and years of our life. When we spend money, we are exchanging periods of time in our life for goods and services that we need (such as food, clothing and shelter) or want (like everything else). When we give money away in an act of charity, we are giving someone else a piece of our very life. (That last one keeps me, reduced to being a well-dressed beggar, up at night folks, and don’t ever doubt it.)

Do you realize what VELOCITY is?

VELOCITY OF MONEY is nothing less than a manifestation man’s God-given FREE WILL. Velocity is a manifestation of man’s freedom to choose what he does with the fruits of his labor and creativity – his very existence through time. Does he spend? Does he save? Does he invest? Does he tithe or give alms? Velocity speaks to the dignity of man in the sense that God created man with free will, and thus able to love – and even though we are talking about Monetary Theory, when you drill down on these concepts, where you always, always end up is at LOVE. Do you love, or are you a Diabolical Narcissist (like the Bankster Oligarch Class and their Bureaucrat Toadies)? Do you love God? Do you love your neighbor as yourself because God loved us all first? Love is completely contingent upon free will. This freedom of will and corollary ability to love is one of the primary ways in which man is “created in the image and likeness of God”

+++++++++++
So in my simple mind I see it as ALL connected. As I fear we are ending this relative peaceful period (US/EU) before the Crisis I am trying to understand what will come next in my life to try and prepare something for my children> Or if we are all to perish to hopefully see them again on the other side. In that sense I care no more for a level of thought that goes beyond this point as I am not sure that it matters nearly as much as where my heart is. By that I mean my standing before Jesus Christ. Mt 25:31-46

MarvyGuy

Post by MarvyGuy »

Lumpenproletariat is a term that was originally coined by Karl Marx to describe the layer of the working class that is unlikely ever to achieve class consciousness and is therefore lost to socially useful production, of no use to the revolutionary struggle, and perhaps even an impediment to the realization of a classless society.
---------------------------------------
We do know, however, who Jefferies is: for years CEO Dick Handler has been scrambling to create something more than just a middle-market broker whose bread and butter have been two things: trading and underwriting junk bonds for small and medium companies (B2/B with an EBITDA of $50MM or less is the sweetspot), and hiring recently fired UBS and other bulge bracket bankers in hopes of getting over its perpetual chip on its shoulder. Bankers such as disgraced ex-UBS healthcare banker Sage Kelly who was recently described as a "bed-pooping, cokehead." He was promptly terminated after details of how senior Jefferies bankers allegedly attract new business, namely cocaine binges interspersed with forced group sex.

Jefferies, or Jeffries as it is known in all offering memos before the bank has to spend tens of thousands in hourly lawyer fees to correct the bank's official name, is also the place where novelty economists are hired to make loud noises and write hypnotically stupid sentences just to attract attention and stand out above the crowd. Case in point - the junk bond-focused bank's "chief market strategist" shown below in a recent Bloomberg interview wearing his "I Heart QE" hat.

-------------------------------------------------------
Even assuming just 15% of the total amount of cash on the accounts would be withdrawn {in NIRP environment}, this would result in a total cash outflow of $45B, and it’s unlikely the banking system would be able to handle this without having to deal with severe consequences. And we don’t even dare to imagine what would happen if 25% would be withdrawn. Or 40%. The snowball-effect would be huge and devastating, resulting in a deteriorating capital position of almost any bank in the Eurozone as they are all intertwined anyway.

What does this have to do with the recent ‘test balloons’ to bring up the subject of a cashless society? From the (central) banks’ perspective it would be very smart to first push forward to realize a cashless society to close that escape route for the Europeans. If you can’t withdraw any cash, then everybody will be trapped in the system of a negative interest rate and there will be no way to escape it.
---------------------------------------------------
So we see the absolute control of V as noted above = complete and total control of all banking. The Middle Class can, at that point, be wiped out. Though, I suspect the Idol of Nebuchadnezzar is closer to the truth for those not bowing (or kissing the sword as may be the case) will be cast into the furnace (or the simpler guillotine to save calorific energy).

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

MarvyGuy wrote:
vincecate wrote:It seems clear from his response that there is no real understanding there. Interesting times.
From John or Aedens?
John clearly understands things very well.

aedens

Post by aedens »

But Jesus told him, "Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead."
Today the thematic attack is Christians have no clue to value.

"In the same manner the one who had received the two talents gained two more. "But he who received the one talent went away, and dug a hole in the ground and hid his master's money. "Now after a long time the master of those slaves came and settled accounts with them.…

"The one who had received the five talents came up and brought five more talents, saying, 'Master, you entrusted five talents to me. See, I have gained five more talents.'…

"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.

We cover a lot of ground here as warned. The relentless steps to distill thought to garner control leads to which jagged pill?

We had the open source discussion and few took the time to understand the moderate position since they could not profit from it.
The right suggested the obvious we have to control all information since we knew better when we took that data from you and the
left suggests we deserve the information since we preserve the dignity of others. Meanwhile we considered the ethic to and mores
of the issue since business is defined by law. We control waste streams as could be seen as use the pulp and sell you the mustard seeds
extracted for your needs. Still they stumble over is Jesus your Capstone and Cornerstone to affairs?
In the words of another who does not consider the master building dilemma to affairs.
In that vein alone they collapse to intrinsic value and the rhetoric to cash outliers.
http://ducknetweb.blogspot.de/2015/10/c ... g-for.html

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? mt7:3

The point is who told you, and why did they violate the fifth commandment of God? Thou shalt not kill.
Words can kill as easy as removing ones head from the lost.
Franklin was also correct, you have three choices given the actual conditions allowed.

Why bother with it, since every day is a gift from above as even the sleight of mind do fathom.
http://wiki.mises.org/wiki/Principle_of_non-aggression
Some could call that leverage diversity's.
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/ind ... ile_2.html
Well done boys as this guy is out after a 20 years sentence for murder.
The last crime of assault he was let off for a mental condition since rage causes him not to remember what he did. Impossible
to make this stuff up unless you know the area and what we are fighting.
Luck would have it we do hope he never sees daylight from behind bars ever again, but the liberal view is he is
just unable to cope with his feelings given the substance abuses. Like it was noted before we are in the middle of a endemic
blight of meth and heroin and not much is left of his abilities not to murder since the trigger was a noisy child and the mother was cut
defending the child we found out. As indicated he nailed them in a room to burn them all.
Evil is real and always has a face in time.
Last edited by aedens on Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

aedens

Post by aedens »

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-new ... ts?page=63 scroll down for low energy poster boy as they conveyed, as I hoped
He and the Wife a good life and future as noted before only.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-0 ... ber-barons

Somebody asked if I was a Bush fan. Only as much as Powell was abused and the defecates that worship debt does not matter diatribes
just as $14 million vanished in the machine for the red carpet astro turf cult of jagged pill Sanhedrins.

Told yall what was coming in the notes. http://gdxforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 260#p30042
Caveat emptor.
No dimmcrats are not liked either in MetD since four decades proved that very point.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/03/d ... 07675.html Good work indeed.
To bad the taxpayers could not appreciate the shovel ready jobs he inherited. No, we indeed understand Truman very well on what and why.

As for the market.

Gerald did warn after recheck of “It may be better to ride a deranged bull then to seek comfort behind a lamb.”

No body thought he was incorrect, but we also know who can walk in circles with that bent of mind.
Information arbiters since clay tablets will suffice for now we consider.

For want of a nail the shoe was lost; for want of a shoe the horse was lost; and for want of a horse the man was lost.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-0 ... nd-meeting

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-0 ... convention ty t
Attachments
turtles.jpg
turtles.jpg (14.43 KiB) Viewed 5020 times
Last edited by aedens on Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.

aedens

Post by aedens »

http://peh-med.biomedcentral.com/about/editorial-board
http://www.fluoxetine.com/
http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Damiaan-Denys/1171833900

Researchers designed a sound experiment to explore the brain’s “plasticity,” or its ability to change and respond to new situations. These changes influence how the brain reacts to stimuli and whether the person is able to distinguish between safe or dangerous circumstances, said lead author Rony Paz of the Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, Israel.
Happy pills to fix liberals letting criminally insane maniac’s walk the streets.
Another pipeline some may suggest to reorder profits. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-0 ... ry-clinton
http://breggin.com/

Nothing is real since no good deed will ever go unpunished.

QQQ: The Q’s are headed for 112 and eventually to 120. Support now is at 101.
TNX (ten year note yield): Stock market prospects are improving. We probably have seen the low 10 year yield for the year. In any case I think that the 10 year yield will reach 3.00% during the next 12 months.
Euro-US Dollar: The market is headed lower. Downside target is 0.96 over the coming months.
Dollar-Yen: Support at 116 has failed. It looks like a new bear market has started. Next downside target is 108.
=========================================================================================================
April Crude: The 24 level is long term support. The market has moved above 35-36 resistance and 40-41 is the next stop. The answer? JP Morgan doesn't care how it looks..... t
12 unelected apparatchiks
Morg provisions will rise by $500 million from $815 million the bank had set aside as of the end of last year. Metals and mining reserves will also rise, by $100 million. Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:04 am

http://gdxforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... gan#p21778 think repeg -- imo $40.00 but that's not
for no one to decide now is it....

As noted been walking slowly out the way so if I miss this last push so be it.
I noted the long wave observation a short time ago and some deeper trends touched on.
If we are carving a secular bottom I can wait for clarification on this current market iteration.
Good hunting..... dec21-2013

q notes --- It is not a short squeeze. It is a completely predictable and fundamentally driven move. It isn't helping anyone to pretend otherwise.
I guess no one remembers the 70's and what OPEC can do when they come to an agreement.

Ask Kissinger about food for oil timelines to real effects.
http://gdxforum.com/forum/search.php?ke ... sf=msgonly

By 1973, the Bretton Woods system was replaced de facto by a regime based on freely floating fiat currencies that remains in place to the present day. http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/f ... 8n2-11.pdf

Just like today you could not find enough storage as they cried shortage. It was a sick joke to watch as the drivers found anything they could to
unload the needless product and canning lids also where horded to spike the prices. Meanwhile Alfalfa farms here export protein and the water to grow it as Women here watch the hair falls from poison water here. Plantation economics http://www.census.gov/popclock/ as they where kicked under the bus.
==========================================================================================================
April Gold: A new bull market has begun in gold. The next upside target is 1315.
May Silver: I think the bear market in silver is over. Resistance is at 16.25.
Google: Support is 675.
Apple: APPL has probably made its low near 92 and is now headed for 134 and possibly higher.
Facebook: Resistance is now 120. Support is 95.
Twitter: Twitter should bounce off of resistance near 24 and then drop to 10.
Alibaba: Now headed back to 86.
Visa: Support is at 70. Posted by Carl Futia