Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
aeden

Re: Financial topics

Post by aeden »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGWVUUJbW3U barren soil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhZRWRWkiIA not how, and it will be brutal, it is in collapse.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/23/failed- ... roken.html

This is a really interesting article which chronicles the possible failure of technology. I say possible, as there's not enough information known yet to say so.

Everyone who's been reading this forum knows that my view on the future is not optimistic, to say the least. I consider myself a realist (yeah, we'd all like to think we are sooo objective, wouldn't we?) and have recognized there may be bright spots in the midst of future chaos, with biotech being one of them. I've believed the biotech would cure diseases like Alzheimers. I still do.

But this news seems to indicate otherwise. About 5 years worth and 1/3 of Biogen's market cap was wiped out on this news. More importantly, the IBB biotech index gapped down and so far the gap is holding. IBB is something to watch more carefully now, in my opinion. This coming crisis may be even worse than I thought.
The Cambridge, Massachusetts-based biotech giant joins a long list of companies in the last decade that have failed to find a treatment for Alzheimer's, a progressive and debilitating disease that often affects a person's memory, thinking and behavior.

Biogen and Eisai lost billions of dollars in market value. The scientific community viewed the announcement as a setback after spending billions to research and develop possible treatments — with almost nothing to show for it. Patients and families living with the disease who had pinned their hopes on aducanumab were heartbroken.

Salim Syed, senior biotech analyst at Mizuho Securities who covers the stock, said Biogen's failure was a shock to many as the Alzheimer's treatment showed promise and followed the widely accepted theory that beta amyloid was responsible for the disease.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

aeden

Post by aeden »

I agree amyloid beta is difficult enough with alcohol and known delayed cognitive issues with the endemic substance abuse issues
as they wander glassy eyed into the sunset. Genetics are not nice at times also so it is what it is.
Our Doctor for Her is World renown in that field and we are fortunate to have his services.
Reading the reports conveyed the obvious plant your own garden since what they treat produce in is suspect to be polite.
As we know grandma is over ninety for a damn good reason in addition to genetics also.
As conveyed in cases no substance could alleviate the regions of the brain destroyed by previous illegal substances.
The brain scans indicated that was a medical impossibility as the anarchist say do whatever you want
and the borders pour in death by the thousand as the retards scream equality following a literal drunken
soul less sociopath precepts in level three reductionism of abject failure.
Currently the investment of education has my Daughter working in one of the best neonatal systems in the best
regional system known to man as the halfwits everywhere else worship the death cults.

Even Pelosi will be eaten by the literal tribe when it goes south. Even that commercial drug depository knows this.
As I noted before one of ours has less than three years to live from substances and all we do is it meet the immediate needs.
I can do no more as the liberals entertained I need empathy. These people really are mental prostitutes as we care for the very young
and very old.
Last edited by aeden on Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

John

Post by John »

** 24-Mar-2019 Alzheimer's cure

Higgenbotham wrote: > https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/23/failed- ... roken.html

> This is a really interesting article which chronicles the possible
> failure of technology. I say possible, as there's not enough
> information known yet to say so.

> Everyone who's been reading this forum knows that my view on the
> future is not optimistic, to say the least. I consider myself a
> realist (yeah, we'd all like to think we are sooo objective,
> wouldn't we?) and have recognized there may be bright spots in the
> midst of future chaos, with biotech being one of them. I've
> believed the biotech would cure diseases like Alzheimers. I still
> do.

> But this news seems to indicate otherwise. About 5 years worth and
> 1/3 of Biogen's market cap was wiped out on this news. More
> importantly, the IBB biotech index gapped down and so far the gap
> is holding. IBB is something to watch more carefully now, in my
> opinion. This coming crisis may be even worse than I
> thought.
> The Cambridge, Massachusetts-based biotech giant joins a long list
> of companies in the last decade that have failed to find a
> treatment for Alzheimer's, a progressive and debilitating disease
> that often affects a person's memory, thinking and behavior.

> Biogen and Eisai lost billions of dollars in market value. The
> scientific community viewed the announcement as a setback after
> spending billions to research and develop possible treatments —
> with almost nothing to show for it. Patients and families living
> with the disease who had pinned their hopes on aducanumab were
> heartbroken.

> Salim Syed, senior biotech analyst at Mizuho Securities who covers
> the stock, said Biogen's failure was a shock to many as the
> Alzheimer's treatment showed promise and followed the widely
> accepted theory that beta amyloid was responsible for the
> disease.

I always doubted that the Alzeiheimer's cure would work, for
system reasons.

Generational Dynamics is System Dynamics applied to a population
system.

A system is a collection of components or entities. But what
makes a system different from a simple collection is the
interrelationships among the entities. This means that the
different entities help and support each other in various ways
to compensate for the failure of one component.

What I want to focus on is how when one component starts to fail,
other components in the system rush to help out. So, for example,
when a person goes blind, the parts of the brain used for vision begin
to provide increased support for hearing.

So when the system as a whole starts to degrade and fail, it means
not only that some components are failing, but also that other
components are failing to compensate, which means that they're
failing as well.

So a person outside failing system looking in may see one component
that's failing, and conclude that by fixing that one component, the
entire system would be fixed. But that overlooks the fact that the
failure of the system implies that multiple components are failing,
because they can no longer support each other and compensate for one
another.

So I know almost nothing about the physiology of the brain, but I do
know that it's a large complex system, highly interdependent system of
components. When I first heard about the Alzheimer's cure, I
suspected that it was targeting just one failing component of the
brain, and therefore would do little to fix the entire system. The
statement that treatment was based on "the widely accepted theory that
beta amyloid was responsible for the disease" seems to support my
concern.

aeden

Post by aeden »

If you are wondering where all the Trolls are, it has been reported that they are spending a few days at a Media Matters, Move On, Correct The Record retreat eating copious amounts of crow, undergoing psychological evaluations and attending regrouping strategy meetings. They will be back shortly to spew some new crap, calling people Fascist, Racist, Nazis, Trumptards, Rednecks, Inbred's and all the ad hominem verbiage required to perform their duties as trolls and in return receive their daily smack downs. Enjoy their absence while it last.

The truth is like a lion: you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself.
Augustine of Hippo.

https://www.amazon.com/Muller-Journals- ... 0912138793

aeden

Post by aeden »

GM poured billions into stock buybacks then closed plants, this week in the war on workers.

Hedge funds switch to net long $NDX futures after staying net short for 11 wks.
This was as of Tue, before Fri's selloff. Cash is simply tired.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/03/24/ch ... iai-elbit/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_5iqdWaMWU

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

John wrote:I always doubted that the Alzeiheimer's cure would work, for system reasons.
As I've noted, engineering education shifted a couple decades ago away from manufacturing and infrastructure engineering to emphasize computer and biological engineering. My guess was that even if manufacturing and infrastructure failed to progress or just outright failed, a lot would be gained from biotech, as the best engineers would be going into that field and there would be huge returns on investment.

As to the general problems I see with conquering human disease, those in my opinion would be heavy metal contamination and organic chemical contamination. If biotech isn't working, it's because the treatments are unable to overcome the environmental contamination which, if true, is very long term problematic. For purposes of illustration, let's just talk about seafood. For brain development and maintenance, I believe it's known that omega 3 fatty acids are important. Problem is, the best sources of these fats are found in fish like salmon, which is heavily contaminated with heavy metals such as mercury and organics such as PCBs and dioxins that can accumulate in the body. In theory, if someone's mental and physical health is top notch, their detoxification and elimination systems will be able to reduce this accumulation, but probably not eliminate it. The toxins will accumulate more slowly, at best.

Having said all that, and assuming it is correct (or something similar is correct), the engineers at Biogen should have understood that and used a multi-pronged approach to make their treatment work. Apparently, they were unable to.

As for me personally, I eat salmon and other foods known to contain toxins, but I combine that with chelating and detoxifying agents such as chlorella which supposedly help eliminate the heavy metals and organics. Also, it helps to sweat, as sweating also eliminates the heavy metals and chemicals, but too much sweating can be a problem.

I could fill up a few pages on this topic, but will now return to financial topics.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

aeden

Post by aeden »

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

aeden wrote:Reading the reports conveyed the obvious plant your own garden since what they treat produce in is suspect to be polite.
One more comment.

I think even store bought organic produce is problematic at this stage but it's the best many can do.

Another strategy I use personally is to compost all my vegetable waste in whiskey half barrels with red wiggler worms, then grow wheatgrass on it. I eat or juice the wheatgrass. It seems to have benefits. Supposedly, the worms break down many contaminants.

Pictures of the half barrel and the wheatgrass.