Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
vincecate

Re: Financial topics

Post by vincecate »

richard5za wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:23 pm
vincecate wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:16 am
I think all these Democratic cities/states believe they can riot and shutdown and when a Democrat becomes President in a few months he will bail them out. If their plan does not work, and there is no Democratic president, I don't think they have a plan B.
I am not convinced that Trump will lose
I am not sure he will lose either, but it seems like these cities are counting on it.

John

Post by John »

** 19-Jul-2020 World View: Normal
vincecate wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:51 pm
> I am not sure he will lose either, but it seems like these cities
> are counting on it.
Lots of people in lots of countries and cities are putting everything
on hold until November, in the hope that Biden will win, and
everything will return to "normal."

aeden

Post by aeden »

Who's going to protect Lori Lightfoot's home from protesters in Chicago then...?

Essential Workers Set To Strike Monday

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AjEI5yUsNu0/ ... BGates.jpg

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

The numbers haven’t received the same attention as job losses, which are highlighted every week in government data. But at least 4 million U.S. workers have received pay cuts since February even as they continued working the same job, and millions more have seen pay freezes, according to economists from the Federal Reserve and University of Chicago who put out a study analyzing data from the payroll processing company ADP.

Other estimates put it higher: Roughly 7 million workers have likely received a dock in pay, according to Mark Zandi, the chief economist at Moody’s Analytics. Combined with those who have been forced to log fewer hours, the number climbs to 20 million people — or 1 in 8 workers — who have seen their paychecks shrink over the past few months even as they continued to work, underscoring how much harm shutdowns have caused beyond layoffs alone.

“We have an income crisis that is even larger than a jobless crisis,” Claudia Sahm, director of macroeconomic policy at the Washington Center for Equitable Growth, wrote on Twitter recently.

“There’s so much that falls under that,” Sahm, who previously worked at the Federal Reserve, said in an interview, referring to the “income crisis” label. “There’s these massive job losses. There’s hours being cut, overtime being lost. And then on top of that — and this is something we just really haven’t seen at all — is a large fraction of workers taking cuts in their wages.”

Notably, the cuts are mostly hitting higher-wage workers, who tend to be more shielded from the effects of a downturn.
It spells trouble for employers, too, who have historically avoided pay cuts because of the damage they do to employee morale and company productivity. But a drop in wages is twice as likely now as it was during the Great Recession, according to the study of ADP data, likely signaling that employers felt they had no other choice if they wanted to keep their doors open.
Unlike job losses, which have disproportionately affected low-income workers, the pay cuts are mostly hitting workers in white-collar industries, according to the study of ADP data. Three-fourths of the cuts in pay fall within the top 40 percent of wage earners, researchers said.

And some of the biggest companies have taken part. Julia Coronado, a former Fed economist who founded the firm Macropolicy Perspectives, tracked U.S.-based companies with market caps greater than $1 billion and found that 42 percent of the 260 firms providing details on earnings calls between April and July were reducing pay.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/1 ... ket-newtab

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

How's the counterfeiting working, Jerome? Give us some hope, man. Tell us the counterfeiting is working; we're desperate. Tell us Greenspan the Maestro was right from day one and Bernanke really is a genius who deserved to be man of the year.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

I bought more S&P puts. Seems like the US has some really big problems/risks for the rest of this year.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

vincecate wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:36 pm
I bought more S&P puts. Seems like the US has some really big problems/risks for the rest of this year.
This is getting scary to watch. It's clear that the elected officials, corporate managements, and government bureaucrats in the US have no idea what they are doing. And it must be getting apparent to everyone else in the world that this is the case.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

John

Post by John »

** 21-Jul-2020 World View: Truly insane
Higgenbotham wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:43 pm
> What's the frequency, Kenneth?

> How's the counterfeiting working, Jerome? Give us some hope,
> man. Tell us the counterfeiting is working; we're desperate. Tell
> us Greenspan the Maestro was right from day one and Bernanke
> really is a genius who deserved to be man of the year.
vincecate wrote:
> I bought more S&P puts. Seems like the US has some really big
> problems/risks for the rest of this year.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:48 pm
> This is getting scary to watch. It's clear that the elected
> officials, corporate managements, and government bureaucrats in
> the US have no idea what they are doing. And it must be getting
> apparent to everyone else in the world that this is the
> case.
moves like we are seeing in Microsoft and Tesla and Amazon are truly
insane and unlike any i have ever seen in my life. - Jim Cramer

https://twitter.com/jimcramer/status/12 ... 5019888640

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

John wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:15 am
** 21-Jul-2020 World View: Truly insane
Higgenbotham wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:43 pm
> What's the frequency, Kenneth?

> How's the counterfeiting working, Jerome? Give us some hope,
> man. Tell us the counterfeiting is working; we're desperate. Tell
> us Greenspan the Maestro was right from day one and Bernanke
> really is a genius who deserved to be man of the year.
vincecate wrote:
> I bought more S&P puts. Seems like the US has some really big
> problems/risks for the rest of this year.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:48 pm
> This is getting scary to watch. It's clear that the elected
> officials, corporate managements, and government bureaucrats in
> the US have no idea what they are doing. And it must be getting
> apparent to everyone else in the world that this is the
> case.
moves like we are seeing in Microsoft and Tesla and Amazon are truly
insane and unlike any i have ever seen in my life. - Jim Cramer

https://twitter.com/jimcramer/status/12 ... 5019888640
A fellow said to me recently that clever academic people make bad traders; because they analyse everything and come to conclusions on what pattern or path the market will take with some certainty. They do this in other disciplines with a high level of success. So when the market does something else it takes them more time to realise that they were wrong and they take bigger losses than those who simply roll with the prices and cancel out at the first signs of getting it wrong. I am guilty of too much analysis and prediction, and I got into shorts too early. Now I shall just watch the madness as if its a fantasy show until its clear that there is a trend reversal. My analytical head says this week will be the turn but lets wait for evidence of the turn down

aeden

Post by aeden »

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/citad ... -zerohedge

16. Expanding further on numbers 4 and 5, have your own stooges "expose" scandals and champion popular causes. Their job is to pre-empt real opponents and to play 99-yard football. A variation is to pay rich people for the job who will pretend to spend their own money.

4. Knock down straw men. Deal only with the weakest aspects of the weakest charges. Even better, create your own straw men. Make up wild rumors (or plant false stories) and give them lead play when you appear to debunk all the charges, real and fanciful alike.
5. Call the skeptics names like "conspiracy theorist," "nutcase," "ranter," "kook," "crackpot," and, of course, "rumor monger." Be sure, too, to use heavily loaded verbs and adjectives when characterizing their charges and defending the "more reasonable" government and its defenders. You must then carefully avoid fair and open debate with any of the people you have thus maligned. For insurance, set up your own "skeptics" to shoot down.

rule 24 in play for the gallery
As the Doc said to keep them in suspense was never a question of difficult.
They are so busy being a different democrat the politics of envy suffocates that free space.
No point is the solace they can embrace.

You responsibility includes.
COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum
Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation
Eight Traits of the Disinformationalist
Spot (Cointelpro Agent)
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

In sum propaganda since all else is filtered propaganda.

Something about lawfulness and integrity....
Some of what its own lawyers called "unethical and illegal" .
rule 21 Subvert the (process) to your benefit and effectively neutralize all sensitive issues without open discussion.

Waiting for a cogent reply from the Senator on intersectionality and critical theory knee benders....
https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/soro ... -from-ppp/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28tZ-S1LFok
Last edited by aeden on Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

aeden

Post by aeden »

The group, Defeat Disinfo, will use artificial intelligence and network analysis to map discussion of the president's claims on social media.
It will seek to intervene by identifying the most popular counter-narratives and boosting them through a network of more than 3.4 million
influencers across the country - in some cases paying users with large followings to take sides against the president.

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 2tim

thread: The magicians and you know who exists in some Greek fragments present in the Chester Beatty Papyri No XVI which has been edited and translated by Albert Pietersma, and in an extensive Ethiopic fragment which was discovered in 2014. It was also probably known to the Qumran community, since the Qumran community refers to one of the magicians by the name of Jannes. The Testament of Solomon also refers to the magicians by the name of Jannes and Jambres. Scribes called the sons of Balaam for clear intent. The mindset is clear to those who seen what is written in stone and the process as we are in the cleansing of the sanctuary well underway. We are strangers set on His cornerstone.

Treatment devices and modalities exist for the disease..... internal UV spectrum technologies are being developed/tested, including by Cedars-Sinai Hospital.

McCrystal's group are dark propagandists as example.
The organizations that will survive this crisis and thrive in the new normal will be those who embrace the flux and seize this opportunity to inject resiliency into their organization.

Intelligence agencies engaged in disinformation and counterintelligence operations against a elected and seated President is already known.

Solomon warned us nothing is new under the sun. Defend your rights since they have a bent of mind contrary to what we know.

Soros funded PAC released an ad in support of this unqualified nutcase. Kim Gardner won her election and is wreaking havoc on the city of St. Louis circuit attorney's office. Kim Gardner is so intolerable that two dozen attorneys and more than one-third of the trial lawyers left the office when she was hired. Gardner will compete with three others in the primary election Aug. 2. At least one ad funded by by Soros' Safety and Justice committee has been created for Gardner.
https://themissouritimes.com/soros-gets ... rney-race/
This isn’t Soros’ first foray into a local prosecutor election over the past couple of years. He’s funded candidates in places as different as Houston, Texas; Albuquerque, New Mexico; two races in Mississippi; Bossier City, Louisiana and Chicago.

According to the Los Angeles Times, Soros also funded multiple groups, including Safety and Justice California, to support the state’s Proposition 47, approved by voters in 2014 and which reclassified possession of heroin, methamphetamine and other illegal drugs, and theft of $950 or less, as misdemeanors in California.