Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
richard5za

Re: Financial topics

Post by richard5za »

From the publication Chart of the Day:
"Yesterday, Anthony Scaramucci revealed he was a closet technician when he shared this stat on Twitter. He pointed out that no prior S&P 500 bear market has made a new low after spending 18 consecutive days above its 200-day moving average."

Of course this time might be the exception, but maybe not

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Let us Bears thank the Mooch for cinching the next leg down.

What a clown. That's a Kramer-like call. This will be a soft landing, right guys?

History at this point, doesn't really matter, if you pay attention to what we've done with hiking schedules, debt, and fiat. Why wouldn't everyone expect to see things we "haven't seen before"?

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

Cool, just asking, are you a politician?

aeden

Post by aeden »

Mooch fund has been decimated. Down 39% last year in its biggest fund after wrong-way bets on cryptocurrencies and now-bankrupt FTX.

Mention trepanation and see what ads pop up. No I do not use a phone anywhere near a conversation either.

As the iPhone user proceeds to look at his device, the infrared camera shows that the iPhone is taking multiple infrared images every five to ten seconds.
Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/79451/ip ... index.html

American middle class are the last seam of coal to be strip-mined. To dumb to realize uniparty purpose is just that.
California is trying to pass laws to whore your children like the fools in Germany with meters to collect the money like the filth they are.

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

Cool, today Saturday, I had an in depth look at the S&P charts and outlook. In my opinion there is no high probability trade that goes beyond a few days. As the market stands one can scalp a short term trade here and there but to take a 6 or 12 month investment view in stocks is a 50/50.
For the next 12 months perhaps the market might crash, perhaps it goes back up. Perhaps it just chops about around the 3800 to 4200 levels.
Generational dynamics says that in due course there will be a financial crisis, and I have no doubt that's correct, but it doesn't predict the date

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

richard5za wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:10 am
Cool, today Saturday, I had an in depth look at the S&P charts and outlook. In my opinion there is no high probability trade that goes beyond a few days. As the market stands one can scalp a short term trade here and there but to take a 6 or 12 month investment view in stocks is a 50/50.
For the next 12 months perhaps the market might crash, perhaps it goes back up. Perhaps it just chops about around the 3800 to 4200 levels.
Generational dynamics says that in due course there will be a financial crisis, and I have no doubt that's correct, but it doesn't predict the date
It'll bounce or chop at those levels at best. If we were going to have the blow off top or melt up, we'd still be going up. But we aren't because inflation is still a problem, earnings have no reason to go up and won't, and the clock is ticking on the lag when that crazy fast hike schedule finally sets in. Don't forget they are supposedly doing QT too! LOL

No, I'm not a politician. (-;

The financial crisis, in terms of the big back breaker, will be within the next 10 years. Yes, it might happen this year or next. Either way, we'll be in a war with all sorts of war-like offshoots, more "pandemics", food issues, water issues, environmental issues (real or perceived), etc.

aeden

Post by aeden »

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

February 19, 2023
The Bright Line between Inflation and Spending
By Jay Davidson
https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... nding.html
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

Yes, I have thought we were due for a crash for a long time, but ...

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

It looks like they are trapped for sure but don't care, so we'll see another .50 (bps) hike if we get to the end of March without a snafu or two.