Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown

aeden

Re: Financial topics

Post by aeden »

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

157,180 Cases which had an outcome:130,676 (83%) Recovered/Discharged 26,504 (17%) Deaths

Should ring correct and close from prelim numbers we captured.
The denial monkeys are a thing to behold in this window.
You bet we wanted to be wrong but we considered data that was available then also ignored.

Higgenbotham » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:30 pm
A Story of Arrogance and Hubris

To damn true H to the seal witnessed.

Sealed Masks are being picked up in undisclosed mail boxes and our Distillers are providing disinfectant.
The Calvary never came for us as we knew. Pox on them.
Spring break covidiots should be mandatory in digging graves to atone to the dead as the Governor hands out shovels.

thread: wave two

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... id-19-live

aeden

Post by aeden »

old new
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... tient-zero
Super spreader as the FBI issues crackers are dangerous in white hoods.
LEO getting sick locally. Some are meeting the Man.

Mexican protesters blocked traffic coming into their country from the United States.

https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronaviru ... rzo-v2.pdf

Data from Italy suggests the median age of fatalities is 79.5 years, where Italian life expectancy is 82.5 years. Of the 2500+ victims, only 17 were under 50. Also, 99 percent of all fatalities had pre-existing conditions. True enough, Italian health authorities were rather liberal in their inclusion of “pre-existing conditions” counting even often rather benign conditions like high blood pressure. But there is something else you have to consider:

48.5 percent of those died had 3 or more illnesses and 25.6 percent had at least two
The thing about statistics of natural phenomena is that there’s a sea of difference between something occurring 95% of the time and 99% of the time. For example, at a normal distribution to go from covering 95% of the population to 99.7% you need to go from 2 standard deviations to 3. If 90 percent of fatalities had at least one pre-existing condition I’d think nothing of it, but tell me it’s 99 percent (!) and you’ve got my attention.

No we did not ignore the data from Brussels to pediatrics lung damages from data complied either.
The attitude that its just another health issues is simply brain dead.
Just another way to ignore only one bullet was in the chamber so whats the problem if it goes off with covidiots wandering around.

aeden

Post by aeden »

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

I think at some point in the next few weeks people will realize that this virus does not really kill 1 to 3% of the population and the relief could make a bounce in the stock market (along with all the trillions of dollars). I still think the economy is a mess and that the "everything bubble" has popped and the market will crash, but the good news may cause it to go higher before the crash. Good thing about puts is I just have to be right by the end of the option expiration, not all along the way...

aeden

Post by aeden »

Taxpayers knew going into this the Calvary was not coming.
They are not nice people.
V. P. Maslov, Theory of Perturbations and Asymptotic Methods

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

vincecate wrote:I think at some point in the next few weeks people will realize that this virus does not really kill 1 to 3% of the population and the relief could make a bounce in the stock market (along with all the trillions of dollars). I still think the economy is a mess and that the "everything bubble" has popped and the market will crash, but the good news may cause it to go higher before the crash. Good thing about puts is I just have to be right by the end of the option expiration, not all along the way...
I think Galbraith discussed that before the brunt of the 1929 crash investors became convinced that the market would go to a new high. That sentiment occurred when there was a relief rally that lasted about a week and retraced about 60% of the initial decline. I'm starting to see that type of sentiment.

The argument goes like this:
This first wave of coronavirus will pass quickly in the US as the weather warms up.
During the summer hiatus from the virus, the US will gear up and produce the masks and other essentials to be ready for the second wave in the fall.
When the second wave hits in the fall, there will be no closings and business as usual because we will be ready this time.
The combination of stimulus and being ready in the fall will send the stock market to new highs.

This argument seems logical if one believes that the economy was perfect and the only reason the market went down is because of coronavirus.
I still think the economy is a mess and that the "everything bubble" has popped and the market will crash, but the good news may cause it to go higher before the crash.
I agree.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

aeden wrote:H is correct as dark ages was optimistic.
Yes, I think in the big picture it is incorrect to think that when the next dark age does come that conditions will be equal to or better than previous dark ages. The reason is excessive environmental damage and pollution, the specifics of which have been discussed here in detail.

If the kill rate of this virus had been 5% or higher and if it had killed off proportionately more younger people in critical jobs it would for sure be all over. What surprises even me is the global system could barely handle something that is not much more serious than influenza.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.