Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
Higgenbotham

Re: Financial topics

Post by Higgenbotham »

I've been locked down in a large short position since 3114 on the S&P futures.

Assuming I don't move, which I have no plans to, I will get blown out at 3954.

I've ceased all bot smashing.
Last edited by Higgenbotham on Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

John wrote:
Higgenbotham wrote:Image

So I guess the next stop must be 3500.
The chart showed significant support/resistance at 700/1400/2100/2800 back in early 2018.

I'm guessing there will not be a move to 3500; instead, there will be a significant stopping point near the average of 2800 and 3500 at 3150 or at 3222 at best. In any case, I believe the market is very close to a top both in price and in time that will stick for all eternity, and after which the market will descend to its intrinsic value of zero. There is zero long term value in an economy that converts natural resources to garbage and there is no long term fix for that except to descend into a new dark age that will last for centuries at a minimum. Nature will fix the pollution problem over a time scale of centuries, along with its associated problems (like declining fertility and cancer, which are a long way from their ultimate worst levels).
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Westpac is holding crisis talks with its largest institutional investors as legal action over allegations by the money-laundering regulator that the bank breached laws more than 23m times ignited investigations by a raft of other corporate and financial regulators.

Shares in the nation’s second biggest bank continued to slide on Monday – down a further 1% to $24.50 at midday in a rising market – and credit ratings agency Moody’s issued a report saying the events unfolding were “ratings negative”.

The bank will also likely face a spate of class actions, with the first expected to be brought by law firm Phi Finney McDonald on behalf of shareholders.

Last Wednesday, Australia’s financial intelligence agency, Austrac, launched legal action against Westpac, accusing it of more than 23m breaches of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism finance laws involving $11bn in transactions, including transfers potentially linked to child exploitation.
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... ng-scandal
Rank Bank name Total assets (US$ Billion)
1 China Industrial and Commercial Bank of China 4,027.44
2 China China Construction Bank Corporation 3,376.52
3 China Agricultural Bank of China 3,287.36
4 China Bank of China 3,092.21
5 Japan Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group 2,812.88
6 United States JPMorgan Chase & Co. 2,622.53
7 United Kingdom HSBC Holdings PLC 2,558.12
8 United States Bank of America 2,354.51
9 France BNP Paribas 2,336.66
10 France Crédit Agricole 2,123.61
11 United States Citigroup Inc. 1,917.38
12 Japan Japan Post Bank 1,911.48
13 United States Wells Fargo & Co. 1,895.88
14 Japan Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group 1,848.20
15 Japan Mizuho Financial Group 1,837.80
16 Spain Banco Santander 1,670.79
17 Germany Deutsche Bank 1,543.55
18 France Société Générale 1,485.31
19 France Groupe BPCE 1,462.70
20 United Kingdom Barclays PLC 1,444.39
21 China Bank of Communications 1,385.81
22 China Postal Savings Bank of China 1,383.63
23 Canada Royal Bank of Canada 1,039.24
24 Norway DNB ASA 1,016.55
25 Netherlands ING Group 1,015.61
26 Canada Toronto-Dominion Bank 1,006.00
27 China China Merchants Bank 980.81
28 France Crédit Mutuel 976.46
29 Japan Norinchukin Bank 961.37
30 Switzerland UBS 958.49
31 China Industrial Bank (China) 952.59
32 Italy UniCredit 951.99
33 United States Goldman Sachs 931.80
34 China Shanghai Pudong Development Bank 914.49
35 Italy Intesa Sanpaolo 901.90
36 United Kingdom Royal Bank of Scotland Group 884.82
37 China China CITIC Bank 882.08
38 China China Minsheng Bank 871.66
39 United States Morgan Stanley 853.53
40 Canada Scotiabank 785.44
41 Switzerland Credit Suisse 781.45
42 Spain Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria 774.78
43 Australia Commonwealth Bank 691.03
44 United Kingdom Standard Chartered 688.76
45 Australia Australia and New Zealand Banking Group 681.30
46 Netherlands Rabobank 676.02
47 Finland Nordea 638.02
48 Australia Westpac 636.69
The filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection by Lehman Brothers on September 15, 2008 remains the largest bankruptcy filing in U.S. history, with Lehman holding over US$600 billion in assets.
Westpac appears to be roughly the size of Lehman with similar ratios.
It was reported by The Australian newspaper that Mr Hartzer had told his executive team on Monday that the scandal was “not an Enron or Lehman Brothers”

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

John wrote:
Higgenbotham wrote:
> Some who understand market sentiment might think that they will
> need to clean me out and silence me before the market can crash. I
> clearly understand that. And that might be what it takes.

> It would not surprise me a bit if there are a couple dozen hedge
> fund guys and others lurking here but not posting for that exact
> reason.
I'm going to pass over the issue of some people not posting because they want to harm you, since I don't believe that issue applies to me.
It's not that some people want to harm me or even wish me harm. It's just the idea of capitulation. The general theory would be that nearly every bear needs to be wiped out or must capitulate before the bull market is over.

I posted my numbers tonight and those who believe that can take their chances and wait for 3954 plus. The reason I say plus is that it's likely I can raise that number in the future if the market does rise toward it. Across all my accounts, I've raised it 183 points since the July 26 high (the market is only up about 113). In just my futures account, I've raised it 104 points.

I think it's more likely that a big systemically important bank or other entity will go under before I do, but they might be able to take me out before that happens.

aeden

Post by aeden »

aeden wrote:So, we ask: How can you deal effectively with a psychopath's emotional intelligence?

Simply put, by sharpening your own. Avoid them.

Your capacity to accurately perceive others' abilities to manage emotions can serve as a self-defense mechanism—
a type of "emotional alarm system" that alerts you to the fact that someone is attempting to manipulate your feelings,
to get you to act in a way that is not in your best interests or that conflicts with your values and principles and harms others.

The Calvary is not coming and a large percentage of authority does not even pretend to care.
What are the influencer's true motives and desires?
By gaining greater control over your thoughts and actions, you can protect yourself
and maybe help some along the way to avoid then. Even when confronting a victim of them they
will convey its just how it is around here.
I gave presentations to all the Monsanto employees on Maui and Molokai in 2013. They hired elderly people from the Philippines to do the spraying. These elderly Filipinos lived on Monsanto's Maui properties. Monsanto recruited elderly Filipinos for two main reasons. The first is that health claims from elderly people as easy to dismiss because they could claim preexisting conditions. The second is that Monsanto would obtain 10 year work VISAs for the elderly Filipinos so they would qualify for Social Security and this was a huge motivation for the elderly Filipinos.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/monsan ... iian-crops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMn5sLegqo4

jcsok

Post by jcsok »

I believe we are seeing the blow off top. Every time I strongly want to short, I read the Gann article which is from ZeroHedge 12/27/17, which I previously posted, in order to control my bearishness. We are in the time zone cited in the article.

John

Post by John »

** 27-Nov-2019 World View: Santa Claus
jcsok wrote: > I believe we are seeing the blow off top. Every time I strongly
> want to short, I read the Gann article which is from ZeroHedge
> 12/27/17, which I previously posted, in order to control my
> bearishness. We are in the time zone cited in the
> article.

The experts and the élites are expecting a Santa Claus rally.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

jcsok wrote:I believe we are seeing the blow off top. Every time I strongly want to short, I read the Gann article which is from ZeroHedge 12/27/17, which I previously posted, in order to control my bearishness. We are in the time zone cited in the article.
I believe so too. Today it began to look like an accelerating blowoff to me. I covered all shorts on this dip tonight on the news that Trump signed the bill supporting the Hong Kong protesters.

John

Post by John »

** 27-Nov-2019 World View: Hong Kong bill
jcsok wrote: > I believe we are seeing the blow off top. Every time I strongly
> want to short, I read the Gann article which is from ZeroHedge
> 12/27/17, which I previously posted, in order to control my
> bearishness. We are in the time zone cited in the
> article.
Higgenbotham wrote: > I believe so too. Today it began to look like an accelerating
> blowoff to me. I covered all shorts on this dip tonight on the
> news that Trump signed the bill supporting the Hong Kong
> protesters.
We'll see, but I wouldn't expect the signing of the HK bill to cause
the outcome you're suggesting. The bill has passed, but it hasn't
been implemented, and that's a long way off.

In fact, expectations are so high that signing this bill will cause
a correction that it may have the opposite effect.

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

Add this to the mix, much longer term though

http://globalcomment.com/why-climate-ch ... -too-late/