Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
Cool Breeze

Re: Financial topics

Post by Cool Breeze »

vincecate wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:04 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:27 pm
The current setup is so pro-BTC that I can't even believe people are stunned by it. It is better than gold, it is better than stocks, it is perfect for the coming times of continued mismanagement, leaning on the FEDs, inflation, and all the other obvious but still unforeseen tangents the fools who have been trying to control the system will fail with.
Not only printing fiat money like crazy, but government taxing everything they know about is an issue. Governments now know about everything in the regular financial system. Bitcoin is not in that system.

People can get paid for things or services in Bitcoin and not bother to give the government a 40% cut. They can leave it in an anonymous address for many years. Then spend the money while on a tropical island vacation or at retirement.

This is a huge advantage of Bitcoin. It is not possible for the government of any country to really know who is behind each address. Anyone can make up as many addresses as they want and move money around between them. There are sites that help anonymize funds. If someone does not want their Bitcoin traceable, they are not traceable or taxable. It is like getting a numbered Swiss bank account, which is not possible for Americans any more.

An instant 40% advantage over using fiat money and a top secret account accessible from anywhere that can send funds anonymously anywhere? It is so cool. People who have done some business with it understand it and love it.

That said, of course Bitcoin can have a huge drop, and I expect it to when the Stock market crashes. I hope that my puts on S&P protect me enough.

-- Vince
Since you make so much sense and are pro BTC, Vince, surely you don't know what you are talking about. :P

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

What BTC does not do for me is act as a store of value. I look at the 3 month, 6, 1 year, 5, and ten year charts and it makes me dizzy. I see a very steep mountain. Need nimble feet to climb that rock. I'm no climber or gambler. It has uses, yes. But not as a store of value. Not for me. Probably go up more, yes. Unstable and volatile it is.

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

FullMoon wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:00 pm
What BTC does not do for me is act as a store of value. I look at the 3 month, 6, 1 year, 5, and ten year charts and it makes me dizzy. I see a very steep mountain. Need nimble feet to climb that rock. I'm no climber or gambler. It has uses, yes. But not as a store of value. Not for me. Probably go up more, yes. Unstable and volatile it is.
Gold is a much more stable store of value if you are after stability. The dollar is not a good store of value. Before 1933 it was $20 for 1 oz of gold and now it is nearly 100 times as much. Gold buys about as much, but the dollar does not.

But so far, over more than 5 year periods, Bitcoin is increasing lots in value. That is better than just storing value.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Money is a median of exchange And a store of value. Bitcoin excels at the latter only. Store of value goes to something stable, then exchanged briefly for expedient purposes. Anything else is gambling. But really, at this point it's all gambling isn't it? Getting ready for a good fireworks show at many levels. We live in interesting times.

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

FullMoon wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:11 am
Money is a median of exchange And a store of value. Bitcoin excels at the latter only. Store of value goes to something stable, then exchanged briefly for expedient purposes. Anything else is gambling. But really, at this point it's all gambling isn't it? Getting ready for a good fireworks show at many levels. We live in interesting times.
No one is in charge of Bitcoin and so its a system designed not to change. It'll never cope as a global medium of exchange versus constantly improved competitors such as Visa. It simply won't be able to do the required number of transactions per second.
Secondly, it isn't anonymous as the minute its converted to a fiat currency such as US dollar, the dollars can be seen, and it's in dollars that its valued.
Its very attractive to criminals and terrorists, tax evasion and money laundering, and for these reasons alone expect the authorities to find ways to uncover identity of Bitcoin owners.
Massive speculation has created an enormous bubble. Getting money out of Bitcoin into US dollars has in some instances been taking a few days. At the moment pressure is putting money in. As soon as there's pressure to get money out and the few days becomes two, three, four weeks there'll be panic and I'm expecting a collapse.
The question then arises what is fair value? In the case of S&P 500 I estimate 1300 because of the underlying company value and historical P/E, and a fall to half fair value after a bubble would fit with market history. But what is fair value for Bitcoin? I just don't know!

aeden

Post by aeden »

Nasdaq FEB 8, 2021 1:09PM EST
Visa (V), the provider of the world’s most widely-used credit cards, has announced plans to implement a pilot program of application programming interfaces (APIs) that will allow banks to offer their customers a variety of Bitcoin-based (BTC) services.

We are utilizing three percent on eco systems.
The future was yesterday.
I will confirm the three percent inputs since yea its new month already.
As we noted Doctor Greyscale is another pair trade as such.
Yea we pay capital gains since they got like napalm and mercenarys and Bernie ubi bros half wits
to pay for. We truly enjoy the current Fabian campaign for deprogramming election frauds.
Priceless and yea we will go it alone since they provide narrative entertainment only.

As we noted before the sheep are allowed through a gate in a mental prison,
https://twitter.com/PCJesus5/status/1359889933285081088
I can respect the Potatoe Warriors more than the educated over the last forty years basically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h10-Q4vJGVY

aeden

Post by aeden »

aeden

Post by aeden »

https://hindenburgresearch.com/ormat/
watermellons and greenmasks

Perhaps one of the more painful ironies in a year filled with ironies has been the breadth and magnitude of deception purveyed by companies claiming to focus on “ESG”: Environmental, Social, and Governance concerns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNEXf8p61gE

thread: greenwash

aeden

Post by aeden »

1986 oil revenues provided funds needed to purchase grain.
Then it collapsed and so did we.
"a quart of wheat for a day's wages"

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:55 pm
Stalins view moving forward. 'perestroika' meant 're-shoeing' - as of a horse: that is to say,
not of the regime itself, but of the system's means to consolidate its power.
Mastery of human consciousness should be a paramount political objective.

We won't have to fight you.
We'll so weaken your economy until you'll fall like overripe fruit into our hands.

thread : aporia είσαι καλά
Last edited by aeden on Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

aeden

Post by aeden »

VANCOUVER, British Columbia, March 02, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DMG Blockchain Solutions Inc. (TSX-V: DMGI) (DMGGF:OTCQB US) (FRANKFURT:6AX) ("DMG" or the "Company"), a vertically integrated blockchain and cryptocurrency technology company is pleased to announce that Ecopwrs LLC ("Ecopwrs") from Wyoming, USA has selected DMG to lead the development and management of its Bitcoin mining operations in the Permian Basin of the United States. This initial project will be for 25 MW of flare gas converted for use in Bitcoin mining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzve-xG5Zy0

Vega measures an option price's value relative to changes in implied volatility of an underlying asset.
thread: vega
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeqthvtgeUc
thread : aporia είσαι καλά

Metrics should be tested on four dimensions: Relevant, Adequate, Sensitive, and Valid.
We ate your ai