richard5za wrote: > 11-Dec-2019 World View: Nowhere to go but up

> I heard one analyst actually utter the words, "The market has
> nowhere to go but up." But that's what analysts seem to be saying
> this morning.

> Before I comment please show me how I reply by creating those
> yellow boxes that reflect the authors name
If you want to reply to someone else's message, then click on the box
with the quote in it that looks something like this: ["] on the right
side of the message that you're responding to.

Then just add your reply to the end of what appears.

After you've posted your message, and you want to delete your own
message that you're just posted, then click on the box with the X that
looks something like this: [X]

If you've just posted your message, and you went to edit it and change
something in it, then just click on the box with a tiny pencil that
looks something like this: [/] (where the "/" is actually a tiny
pencil).

richard5za

Re: Financial topics

Post by richard5za »

John wrote:** 11-Dec-2019 Quoting a message

If you want to reply to someone else's message, then click on the box
with the quote in it that looks something like this: ["] on the right
side of the message that you're responding to.

Then just add your reply to the end of what appears.

After you've posted your message, and you want to delete your own
message that you're just posted, then click on the box with the X that
looks something like this: [X]

If you've just posted your message, and you went to edit it and change
something in it, then just click on the box with a tiny pencil that
looks something like this: [/] (where the "/" is actually a tiny
pencil).
Thank you John. You are very kind

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:I'm guessing there will not be a move to 3500; instead, there will be a significant stopping point near the average of 2800 and 3500 at 3150 or at 3222 at best. In any case, I believe the market is very close to a top both in price and in time...
S&P futures just hit a new record all time high about a minute ago at 3184.75. I've gone short again tonight.

Almost every trader has heard, "A stopped clock is right twice a day." My answer to that is I only need to be short at a multi-century high once, not even twice.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

Higg wrote:

S&P futures just hit a new record all time high about a minute ago at 3184.75. I've gone short again tonight.

Almost every trader has heard, "A stopped clock is right twice a day." My answer to that is I only need to be short at a multi-century high once, not even twice.[/quote]

My view: The SP 500 will probably go much higher on Friday: Two key risks have suddenly subsided. Firstly the US and China seem to have agreed terms for a phase 1 trade deal that will avoid additional tariffs coming into effect on 15 December. Secondly, UK election results shown a massive win for Boris Johnson's Conservative Party - avoiding a hung parliament. The pound has jumped 2.5% on the news. GBPUSD at 1.3470 currently. US markets ended higher overnight and US futures are higher this morning

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

richard5za wrote:Higg wrote:

Almost every trader has heard, "A stopped clock is right twice a day." My answer to that is I only need to be short at a multi-century high once, not even twice.
As at lunchtime (Paris time) all the stock market indices are strongly up. FTSE 1.6% likewise CAC40 the DAX, the NIKKEI up 2.5%, the SP 500 will most probably move up today Friday.

The UK election results might be "Brexit done" for the UK parliament, but its actually the beginning of massive negotiations with the EU, and whether this is good for UK, or good for EU, or good for global economy is currently an unknown

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Stocks Dive On China Ag-Buy "Concern" Rumors
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/stock ... ern-rumors

That may not last, so I have covered.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Stocks, Yuan Puke As Trump Calls WSJ Tariff-Rollback Story "Fake News"
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/stock ... -fake-news

More bad news for stocks. This time I wasn't short.

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Stocks, Yuan Puke As Trump Calls WSJ Tariff-Rollback Story "Fake News"
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/stock ... -fake-news

More bad news for stocks. This time I wasn't short.
Its been a fascinating day. I love an interesting life! As at 9.58 am NY time the SP 500 is not up, down a fraction! How fascinating! I have the TV on (and enjoying a glass of South African red) and the Brits are absolutely loving the best Conservative win since Maggie in 1987. A happy, happy weekend to all on this blog.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

I'm guessing today was just a hiccup due to the uncertainty over the trade negotiations.

I'm no longer short and will resume trading small while waiting for higher prices to short.

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

Higgenbotham wrote:I'm guessing today was just a hiccup due to the uncertainty over the trade negotiations.

I'm no longer short and will resume trading small while waiting for higher prices to short.
Yes, I am reading uncertainty. Its always easier to look back at yesterday than forecast today. It does seem that the so called 'trade deal'with China was over represented and the hype quickly dissipated.
I am wondering if gold might just be coiling for a breakout. The SP 500 falls and gold rises? The gold chart seems to be a falling flag and if gold breaks out it could be with a lot of energy. I'll keep a careful eye on both