Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
aeden

Re: Financial topics

Post by aeden »

Last edited by aeden on Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

aeden

Post by aeden »

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/if- ... rvey-finds

https://www.lce.com/Niccolo-Machiavelli ... -1272.html

You do not change it. Ask George, you manage to survive it.

And they still cannot accept the fact it was a planned event.
Internecine Slaughter, not civil war.

At one point, the researchers wrote that "distinctly antagonistic persons" may have acted contrary to public health appeals.
lulz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rou09YsGbcA

aeden

Post by aeden »

Last edited by aeden on Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

https://www.inc.com/jeff-haden/steve-jo ... -life.html

In the lottery economy, to keep the myth alive, go ask a guy who got really lucky what the key to success is and he will tell you "belief", hey, it worked for me.

Don't ask the 10,000 homeless people who started a business, "believed" to the point of failure and are now broke and homeless. Just ask the one guy who put those 10,000 people out of business.

Keeping the myth alive in the winner take all lottery economy. Also don't talk about how all his "belief" sent him to an early grave. After all, you gotta "believe".
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Now let's say the stock market starts to collapse next week, and over the next couple years it crashes down to S&P 200.

Well, I'm still short and have a strong belief that the market will crash. I persevered through 11 years of a bull market.

So if in 2 years I've made millions shorting the market, will I say the keys to success are "belief" and "perseverance"?

That's pretty stupid if you ask me.

"Belief" and "perseverance" are never enough to guarantee success or to really even give you much of an edge. In fact, mostly what they will do is just extend the time it takes to fail. Instead of failing in 2 years, it might take 6. Out of all the people who have the right ingredients to be successful, maybe 1% or so of those will be the outliers who actually become successful and whose opinions are sought out.

Those will be the few scattered winners here and there who got lucky.

It's really psychologically difficult for a person who has been successful to admit this. They think their success is due to some quality they have that others don't have, or some deficiency in others.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

aeden

Post by aeden »

Hounds and Jackals and offshore accounts to fungible Capital movements. It utterly can destroy and control regimes.
The amount of silent weapons of the silent war is very real.
Last edited by aeden on Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Tuesday the S&P crossed what has been shown in the past to be the bull bear line at 3065 and I stepped out. Put $1300 in the account yesterday smashing the bots. Entered again today near the high, but stepped out after a correction until the market turned down more decisively, then reentered. Today reminded me a bit of May 1, 2012.

The above does demonstrate a certain amount of knowledge and skill, but in a corrupt winner take all world knowledge and skill barely register in any field of endeavor. As stated previously, waddling up to the window for a bailout is the most in demand skill in America. Until that changes, nothing changes, and those who have skill wither away and die, along with the economy. We're past the tipping point in my opinion.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

The South Sea Bubble topped out just about exactly 300 years ago in late June 1720. There appear to be some similarities in the solunar configuration between 1720 and 2020 that could argue for topping here, as well as the narrow range of the past few weeks moving into the Puetz window. Just make sure you waddle up to the window for your bailout before placing your bets, if you can.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:02 pm
"Belief" and "perseverance" are never enough to guarantee success or to really even give you much of an edge. In fact, mostly what they will do is just extend the time it takes to fail. Instead of failing in 2 years, it might take 6. Out of all the people who have the right ingredients to be successful, maybe 1% or so of those will be the outliers who actually become successful and whose opinions are sought out.

Those will be the few scattered winners here and there who got lucky.

It's really psychologically difficult for a person who has been successful to admit this. They think their success is due to some quality they have that others don't have, or some deficiency in others.
The man who should have been Bill Gates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDIK-C6dGks