Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
aeden

Re: Financial topics

Post by aeden »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:59 am
aeden wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:27 pm
220,000 users have been infected worldwide and 800 devices are being infected every day.
Filers have no clue how to calculate their crypto capital gains on machines not even theirs.
See what we did there. Now you got two viruses to deal with.
thread: commodity exchange theory

It's quite basic.
Hey chatGPT, say something in actual english, please.
The adults know what it means.

Yes the EU will hunt you down moving btc as a criminal complaint.

Convert to s corp or llc or be incarcerated as limits draw down.

You been warned as such Buttercup.

ai report https://www.youtube.com/shorts/iXuspRJ9Vgw you will comply

Markets in Crypto-assets, and amending Directive (EU) 2019/1937
thread: mica

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:37 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:57 pm
richard5za wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:23 pm
I think we are at a very interesting phase in the BTC story:
Higg, you reckon that it will break the current down trend...
Yes, sometime within the next few months. If I had to pick a time now, my guess is December or January with an outside chance it could be as early as now. I am not buying now and may not buy at all.
Today I started nibbling on Bitcoin. Probably it has more (down) to go, but the Bankman-Fried story is enough to get me started. I looked at the 1 year log chart for this one.

If it makes a huge whipsaw up after the CPI report I'll probably get out, but the sentiment seems kind of extreme now.
I think Bitcoin is near its rebound high and now will start its next big move, which will be to zero.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

aeden

Post by aeden »

Not playing gbtc or biti.
The landscape is very unavoidable now and decrepit in its mental decent.
Unclear how long phase two locally can linger forward to the phase three effects over the Pond shaping up
and zones already in the red ink unable to move forward and for the fact of matter not allowed.
https://mjhnyc.org/blog/transgender-exp ... i-germany/

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:22 am
Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:37 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:57 pm

Yes, sometime within the next few months. If I had to pick a time now, my guess is December or January with an outside chance it could be as early as now. I am not buying now and may not buy at all.
Today I started nibbling on Bitcoin. Probably it has more (down) to go, but the Bankman-Fried story is enough to get me started. I looked at the 1 year log chart for this one.

If it makes a huge whipsaw up after the CPI report I'll probably get out, but the sentiment seems kind of extreme now.
I think Bitcoin is near its rebound high and now will start its next big move, which will be to zero.
The next move will be towards zero, and I will welcome it.

You all are missing out because of your insolence and ignorance; it will be the best asset for the NEXT 10 years, AGAIN.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

aeden wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:14 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:59 am
aeden wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:27 pm
220,000 users have been infected worldwide and 800 devices are being infected every day.
Filers have no clue how to calculate their crypto capital gains on machines not even theirs.
See what we did there. Now you got two viruses to deal with.
thread: commodity exchange theory

It's quite basic.
Hey chatGPT, say something in actual english, please.
The adults know what it means.

Yes the EU will hunt you down moving btc as a criminal complaint.

Convert to s corp or llc or be incarcerated as limits draw down.

You been warned as such Buttercup.

ai report https://www.youtube.com/shorts/iXuspRJ9Vgw you will comply

Markets in Crypto-assets, and amending Directive (EU) 2019/1937
thread: mica
You're missing out. But the basement feels better than the real world, I get it. You can't hide forever, aeden. Time to come out and let the light disinfect things - the demsheviks are the only ones that hate the light ... so distinguish yourself.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

richard5za wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:10 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:31 pm

If it is too uncertain why is it the best asset class over the last 10 years? There are some things that we have to rely on, which are factual. If you don't like it, or think it can go to zero, just say that. But if you're looking to "grow your capital" and you're not in BTC, you're just doing it wrong, or don't know mathematics. It's quite basic.
Cool, crypto is a digital representation of value that is not backed by anything real; the value of BTC is determined soley by the market; real asset classes such as US Technology also have a market value which is determined by the market but also (NB) have real assets and therefore values independent of what the market thinks. I have mentioned US Technology because it is the best performing class over the last 30 years.
If you make a fortune out of gambling on BTC I shall be happy for you
On the subject of maths, yes I do understand maths and am probably in the top decile, but I am failing to see a strong connection between the BTC chart over the last 10 years and maths. Perhaps enormous volatility which is very difficult to mathematically predict?
It is backed by energy. You still don't know this? What makes the BTC network, do you really think people just assign fairy tale beliefs in it? Or does it solve problems? Indeed, it does all of the above. It's value to humans is IMMENSELY greater than gold, which is something that has value also due to our conception of it, and also takes energy to find and isolate/purify.

The BTC network isn't "real"? How so? I'll wait.

Since BTC came around, what performed better? Oh yeah, BTC did. And it will again.

One thing you could predict is that with volatility also comes major moves (yes, both up and down). But BTC's history keeps going up and up and up, and all you can focus on is "volatility" which shows me that you still won't let yourself be honest about it. So I wonder, why is that?

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:38 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:

You all are missing out because of your insolence and ignorance; it will be the best asset for the NEXT 10 years, AGAIN.
I joined this weblog in 2008 and I have never known Higgie to be insolent. Insolence means rude and disrespectful. Give me one instance?
Generally, Higgie is very very well informed; he is not ignorant.

If the next move on BTC is to zero, why would you possibly welcome this? You have told us that you are heavily invested in BTC

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

richard5za wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:15 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:38 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:

I joined this weblog in 2008 and I have never known Higgie to be insolent. Insolence means rude and disrespectful. Give me one instance?
Generally, Higgie is very very well informed; he is not ignorant.

If the next move on BTC is to zero, why would you possibly welcome this? You have told us that you are heavily invested in BTC
This is another example of people reading what they want to see, rather than reading what someone wrote. I even bolded the word in the original post.

I'll give you an instance of Higgie in a second, there are several. I still don't hold anything against him, btw. You older people have blindspots, which is what I've tried to help with, but you suffer from what you complain about in the really young generations. I am a bridge that sees both, and sees both clearly.

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:48 am

I am a bridge that sees both, and sees both clearly.
Cool, I recall you saying in a previous post that you have the 'gift of discernment'and thats why you can see the future market.

So maybe thats why you don't see John's point of view or the cautionery notes on Bitcoin. You see John has made a science of history and called it generational dynamics; it forecasts that history rhymes on a generational basis (I use the word rhyme since no one looks for an exact repeat) And those of us who have been part of this blog for a long time agree with the generational repetiveness of this science.

So you look at things completely differently. So you don't see both only the thing that looks correct from your gift?

Out of interest are you in a religious profession?

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

Very interesting tweet by Jim Bianco worth reading

https://twitter.com/biancoresearch/stat ... 7777420288