among venture capitalists, startups who
are caught in limbo of whether they
should withdraw their money or wait for
the situation to become better.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/te ... 545822.cms

aeden

Re: Financial topics

Post by aeden »

Mexican cartel dumped 5 handcuffed men on the street, blaming them for kidnapping and killing Americans.

Now is not the time to fight the Fed or stand up to the bears.

Burry has taken a bearish stance on markets over the past few years and has repeatedly warned investors to prepare.
https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/ten ... &s=61&d=61

https://markets.businessinsider.com/new ... ion-2023-2

NoMansLand

Post by NoMansLand »

John wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:41 am
Friday, March 10, 2023

Silicon Valley Bank crisis spreads panic
among startups; funding drops to $140
million this week

Published on 10 Mar, 2023

Silicon Valley Bank — a prominent bank
among US tech startups and investors —
has raised fears of insolvency after it
announced the issuance of shares to
shore up its capital position to offset
$1.8-billion of losses from its
investments. This has created chaos
among venture capitalists, startups who
are caught in limbo of whether they
should withdraw their money or wait for
the situation to become better.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/te ... 545822.cms
I guess I shouldn't have been picking on CS yesterday.

aeden

Post by aeden »

The financial infection is a feature just as Monty Python wasn't satire.
Closed all shorts today and will go nappy time as 32.4% in 90 day tbills as the sweeps continue.
They do not have the inputs to ramp up on reports anyways for the cult of climate shadow show in
platos cave. Tertiary effects on banking are a feature.
Last edited by aeden on Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aeden

Post by aeden »

https://www.fdic.gov/resources/regulati ... -c-039.pdf

its done

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq1Fgf3aEAE ... =4096x4096

orphan account bank

Update (1135ET): Game over for Silicon Valley bank.
FDIC Shutters Silicon Valley Bank
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t1uvlPMDOc

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Lottery Economy Update
First Republic and PacWest Bancorp plunge as fears of contagion grow following the biggest bank failure since 2008

Matthew Fox Mar 10, 2023, 3:08 PM

Shares of First Republic Bank and PacWest Bancorp have plunged as much as 61% and 53% since Thursday, respectively.
Both regional banks are growth-oriented and have exposure to venture capital customers.

The biggest bank failure since the 2008 financial crisis has dragged down other regional bank stocks as fears of contagion grow.

Since Silicon Valley Bank announced a $1.8 billion loss related to its bond portfolio and has since been taken over by the FDIC, shares of First Republic Bank and PacWest Bancorp have plunged as much as 61% and 53%, respectively.

Both regional banks are headquartered in California, are growth-oriented, and have exposure to the same type of venture capital clients that Silicon Valley Bank had. A sizable amount of PacWest's lending portfolio is tied to real estate owned by venture capital firms, and First Republic has been wooing venture capital clients for years.

Another regional bank that has gotten hit hard over the past couple days is Western Alliance Bancorporation, which has crashed 58%.

To stem the fears of contagion, both First Republic and Western Alliance issued financial updates on Friday.

First Republic said in an 8-k filing that its deposit base "is stong and very-well diversified," noting that its consumer deposits have an average account side of less than $200,000 while its business deposit accounts have an average account size of less than $500,000.

Those comments helped relieve fears that a bank run could seriously dent the company as it did Silicon Valley Bank, which suffered significantly after several VC firms advised its portfolio companies to immediately pull their deposits from Silicon Valley Bank. First Republic also said deposits related to technology firms only represented 4% of total deposits.

Meanwhile, Western Alliance issued updated financials that showed growing deposits and strong liquidity in the form of $2.5 billion in cash on its balance sheet, a fully collateralized credit facility of $13.1 billion, and uncommitted credit lines of $4.6 billion.

Both updates from First Republic and Western Alliance helped stem the steep declines seen in their stock prices on Friday. First Republic had fallen as much as 53% in early Friday trades before it pared those losses to just 15%, while Western Alliance fell as much as 52% before it halved those losses to about 26%.

PacWest, which did not issue a financial update since the downfall of Silicon Valley Bank, plunged 34% in Friday trades.

The dust has yet to settle from the implosion of Silicon Valley Bank, and until it does, fears of contagion among other regional banks will likely remain prevalent. Not helping the matter is the expectations that the Federal Reserve will continue to hike interest rates this year, which is what helped spark the downfall in Silicon Valley Bank.
https://markets.businessinsider.com/new ... svb-2023-3

I was playing nickel slots with First Republic all morning. The market seemed very poorly informed re this stock and went into outright panic, probably swinging it way too far in both directions. I had researched what to do ahead of time a few months ago in anticipation of a day like today. Trading was halted in the stock several times and the stock rallied from a low of 45 to a high of 95 in less than 2 hours.

While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Overall my equity has continued to slowly creep higher since drawing some profit out in early January. I'll probably do a more in depth update in my Dark Age Hovel this weekend.

While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

aeden

Post by aeden »

Keep your cards tight H they do not deserve you as a few others over the many years here that paid attention also.
The sweeps will continue. Morg locked up my bond trading until monday moving "other" accounts but had no inclination
for them in this feeding frenzy of sardines in a swirling ball being consumed. Be lucky and good fellow travelers.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

aeden wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:24 pm
Closed all shorts today and will go nappy time as 32.4% in 90 day tbills as the sweeps continue.
I also have no positions as of today's close.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

aeden wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:21 pm
Keep your cards tight H they do not deserve you as a few others over the many years here that paid attention also.
The sweeps will continue. Morg locked up my bond trading until monday moving "other" accounts but had no inclination
for them in this feeding frenzy of sardines in a swirling ball being consumed. Be lucky and good fellow travelers.
After First Republic went back up somebody asked me how long that trade is good for. I said just today. After today, who knows? Not me. Been reading a few comments on the fallout from SVB and am skeptical.