Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
Higgenbotham

Re: Financial topics

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:13 pm
The reason for that is I've started an arbitrage business buying and selling goods that are shooting up and down in price due to the Fed's out of control monetary policies. It's sort of like bot smashing except I identify goods that are in temporary surplus somewhere that I think will quickly go to scarcity somewhere else. So far I've had some success with it and I think it will do better and better as the economy goes further and further off the rails. What I'm envisioning in the not too distant future is being like one of the suitcase peddlers Dmitry Orlov talked about who were the only sources of some goods after the Soviet Union collapsed.
Since I've been posting about retail, it reminded me of this post. I started this in June of last year and stopped buying inventory in September. Cash flow broke even in February with about 2/3 of inventory sold. That's too long. The margins were good but I had a lot of help from the Fed. This was a pilot test to get some experience and I will need to come up with some ways to turn inventory faster but still keep strong margins. Part of the problem the big retailers have is their margins aren't strong enough to withstand the kind of downturn we are probably going to get. This can be seen by the fact that something like half of Target's and one quarter of WalMart's margins were wiped away.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:55 pm
Since I've been posting about retail,[...]
Prices are going up faster than people's salaries. People need to pay more for food, gas, electricity and other necessities. It means they have less for optional things, which are also at higher prices, so they buy much less of those in terms of units.

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

vincecate wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:15 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:55 pm
Since I've been posting about retail,[...]
Prices are going up faster than people's salaries. People need to pay more for food, gas, electricity and other necessities. It means they have less for optional things, which are also at higher prices, so they buy much less of those in terms of units.
Inflation with recession. In the early 70's the word stagnation was invented. That was a stagnant economy with inflation. Then the stagnant economy become recession, and for a while the word 'inflession' was used; but its a horrible sounding word which was dropped and the media went back to stagflation.
BUT! We do have significant inflation and we do have recession.

aeden

Post by aeden »

Having lived through the seventy's working for the guys who survived an actual depression the warning was clear
to listen to guys who jumped out of perfectly good airplanes as the left and right fought it out over there. Now here.
A few hundred billion sent over there which should of built natural gas electric production plants here.
Containment and waste seen to go together. You are never going to be fast enough or smart enough for them.
Own enough fiat bonds and fiat stocks to pay the taxes and understand if they fired half it is never enough for the three level locusts.
As we simply pointed out the rules for Alinsky radicals they follow right now was dedicated to Lucifer in the preface of the book.
The Elders are correct and yes blue island shit holes are a business plan for losers.
As we ponder why they do not reply to fluoride in the water supply. Its like they do not like us.
People like us who own cars, trucks, tractors are a triple threat. We know what they worship.
As noted correctly by Tyler "If history is consistent about anything, it is that most people are worthless, begging,
imbecile who's only motivation in life is despising and stealing from those who actually did little of anything but take from others anyways.
Blame the Amish who earnestly wish to avoid more than a few more than not about now.

Back in April 2020 she had dreamed that 2022 would be the year Putin invades her country and starts a full-blown war.
She said she'd had many dreams about that war and that in her dreams the war would reach the US in about 2025. So I watch...
She already left Ukraine.

For those paying attention it has already started here as we are being looted again. Debt controls conflicts.

1. Food shortages already here (baby formula) We found it in Canada Amazon.
2. $7-$10 a gallon gas speculation from green tard cult policy.
3. Rolling blackouts ensuing for maintenance.
4. Monkey Pox lockdown/WHO imposed tyranny, monkey business affairs again.
5. Abortion nuts burning shit down.
6. Surrender of Ukraine

Dems could lose a 100 seats. Doubtful as Americans are goy stupid anyways.

Earnings ex-energy: recession style
Earnings revisions ex energy going down the toilet...

We got enough gas for the summer season.
Washington put you in that esg pickle barrel.
Elected stupid win stupid prizes.

aeden

Post by aeden »

XRT Retail ETF down 32% YTD
Lure out the stupid in a bear rally was said.
Opex friday again. Algos already frontrun any liquidity was noted.

last chart from mid march sweeps
https://cms.zerohedge.com/s3/files/inli ... k=zCfGMnDt ty t

lower lows since lightswitch is in play for energy margin cluster from the 1346 node study reference.

55 sectors, 70+ energy products, and 146 countries under review as noted.

then:
Currently reviewing 26 countries as we noted before in the 1346 node cluster white paper study's
from the 1983 endogeneity papers.
I would advise review Human Action since the node fragility points here that never abandoned ADAPT.
ADAPT. Awareness, Desire, Ability, Promote, and Transfer (project management) ADAPT.
Many are years behind. As we watch the locusts in social, political, and for now the most important do not be deceived.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=One+does+not+ ... ion&ia=web

FANUC’s lights-out factory, robots pull other robots from the line for predictive robot maintenance.
Still they insult the robot, robots, repairman.
Uniparty nomenklatura started long long ago.

aeden

Post by aeden »

Biden Seeks New Unilateral Powers For WHO Chief.
And the Senate argues the Angels proclivities to reproduce only 209 positions ignored.

Obstructionist attitudes, even on the part of believers, can range from denial of the problem to indifference,
nonchalant resignation or blind confidence in technical solutions.

They do want you dead. We just asked them to pay for there own off springs destruction as the crayon chewers moan about rights.

Gee what a coincidence, Biden regime which is tanking in the polls decides to hand over US sovereignty on health matters to the WHO.
Swamp disease indeed.

Noted was fudge packers union and monkey pox. Imagine our total surprise.

aeden

Post by aeden »

< 24 hours was all it took for the demon cult to unleash the filth.
Live rent free in liberals heads is just that easy as dust off your sandals for now anyways.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

aeden wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:08 am
< 24 hours was all it took for the demon cult to unleash the filth.
Live rent free in liberals heads is just that easy as dust off your sandals for now anyways.
OK aeden, I am tired of your cryptic announcements. What does this mean? Who are you criticizing? Note- I am not saying you are wrong. I don’t know because I have no idea what you mean. You have thousands of these Nostradamian pronouncements polluting this thread. Can you or someone say in plain English what your posts mean?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

The S&P is down 0.7% at the moment and nearly 5 hours till close before the weekend.
Some people won't want to risk holding over the weekend, so guessing it will go down more.
The last 8 weeks have been down.
If we get a good drop by the close, then Monday could be exciting...

aeden

Post by aeden »

This is a cleanup operation for numerous levels for the three deep operatives as the Unix operation goes silent.
Limited hangouts and DOJ as the Durham honk honk slow walks ahead flipping sod as it goes.

https://www.rawstory.com/media-library/ ... eight=1400