Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
aeden

Re: Financial topics

Post by aeden »

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:The right attitude to have in futures trading is, "I don''t ever give these fuckers a dime, period."

The corollary to that is to keep my back against the wall and force myself to fight at all times. The attitude needs to be that parting with money is never an acceptable alternative, and I learned that hard lesson in 2013.

Here, though, the situation has become extreme enough that I will go ahead and add the funds if need be. The fact that I may be needing to add funds may be an indication that others will be forced to capitulate (and may be doing so at this moment).
I cut my position by 40% into the close to get back up to initial margin requirements. I have not yet begun the process to add funds.

One of the reasons I did it is I saw over 2000 resting orders at ES 3331.50 that didn't get hit. At that point, it occurred to me that 5 times the 2009 low of 666.79 is 3333.95. Another nearby level is 3336.53 (the perfect ABC off the December 2018 low). Those 2 numbers appear to be of interest to traders in that more than a few appear to be unwilling to commit to the short side until those numbers are hit.

I haven't seen over 2000 resting orders in the ES since the 3000 area. At that time, the market held at about 3030 after those orders were hit (in July).
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

At this point, there's not much to know. This is the biggest bubble in the history of the world and, while some of the 97th percentile will dispute that, it is indisputable.

For anyone who wants to short it, there's no longer any skill involved except for picking your position size. Anyone wanting to short can take their chances and see if they get lucky. The time to apply any trading skill to this market is in the rear view mirror in my opinion.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

The only other thought I have is, at this point, Trump and the Fed have really got a big problem with this monster bubble they have created. They are in big, big trouble.

John

Post by John »

** 17-Jan-2020 World View: Monster bubble
Higgenbotham wrote: > The only other thought I have is, at this point, Trump and the Fed
> have really got a big problem with this monster bubble they have
> created. They are in big, big trouble.
Yes, but a similar statement could have been made during the Obama
administration, and even during the Bush administration.

aeden

Post by aeden »

No the cci account was preplanned from operation 936.
http://gdxforum.com/forum/search.php?ke ... sf=msgonly
The only thing managed was the missed press to the tulip venn to
clearing.

As the federal case also pointed out earlier they had to adapt since two pricks called
bankers got ass pounding jail and a orange dropped on there thieving ass on
covenant accounts in the morning.
Yes they mentioned we need tbtf to match deals we also noted.
Last edited by aeden on Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

John wrote:** 17-Jan-2020 World View: Monster bubble
Higgenbotham wrote: > The only other thought I have is, at this point, Trump and the Fed
> have really got a big problem with this monster bubble they have
> created. They are in big, big trouble.
Yes, but a similar statement could have been made during the Obama
administration, and even during the Bush administration.
The trouble I'm possibly anticipating is due to the unique characteristics and circumstances of the Trump Administration. Let's say the bubble begins to unravel before the election, like in the next few weeks. Before the bubble irreversibly breaks, once again, as they did in 2019, Trump and the Fed panic, this time slamming interest rates to zero and throwing trillions into the market. The market then turns the other way, rising in Tulip, South Sea, platinum and bitcoin fashion, as the public at long last joins the party. At that point, everyone knows this is completely unsustainable but also completely unstoppable. The S&P rises to (pick your number), then collapses (pick your number) percent before the election.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

The S&P is kind of looking like the debt. Since the December 2018 low, it's risen nearly 1000 points.

I don't remember when the S&P first hit 1000, but it was probably around 1998. A look at a long term chart indicates that's about right.

If the above scenario unfolds, another 1000 points would not be out of the question, nor would a collapse back to 1000, all this year.

aeden

Post by aeden »

aeden

Post by aeden »

Getting alot closer. Soft targets are underway. Press and now visual media soft policy. Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:31 pm
Pick one since you have no choice.
Level I - pathological defences (i.e. psychotic denial, delusional projection)
Level II - immature defences (i.e. fantasy, projection, passive aggression, acting out)
Level III - neurotic defences (i.e. intellectualization, reaction formation, dissociation, displacement, repression) <-----------
Level IV - mature defences (i.e. humour, sublimation, suppression, altruism, anticipation)

They moved to level II and level I to current infiltration levels on the seven sided stone.
Its not damage control or ever was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46g8zDcziL0