Why is Gen Y seen in such a positive light here?

The Silent Generation, the Baby Boomer Generation, Generation-X, the Millennial Generation (or Generation-Y) and the Pivotal Generation (Generation Z)
Felix34

Re: Why is Gen Y seen in such a positive light here?

Post by Felix34 »

I'd like to point out that I'm not eligible for military service and so whatever happens during the "crisis war" I will not be killed in battle. Although it's completely possible that a terrorist act could occur and threaten my safety, I will be at home for the duration of any crisis war. (I am pretty close to NY though)

CrosstimbersOkie

Post by CrosstimbersOkie »

Maybe not. Some of the men who fought in the siege of the Phillipines during WWII were US Government civilian employees and employees of private companies doing business in Manila. The Japanese didn't care that they weren't soldiers. These men either fought or died. Many fought and died.

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

Felix34 wrote:I'd like to point out that I'm not eligible for military service and so whatever happens during the "crisis war" I will not be killed in battle.
Even though WW1 and WW2 did not come to the US mainland it is wrong to assume that US civilians will be safe in future wars. Many times civilians are killed in wars. Even in WW1 about 1% of US civilians died from the flu that came from the war.

Cruise missiles and drones make attacking an enemy heartland much easier than during WW1 and WW2. The tech today makes it so high school kids can make their own drones.

jamesmartin

Post by jamesmartin »

Gen Y loves its social networking. It seems only natural that the relationship would follow the generation into the office, occasionally against the objections of companies. Social networking accessibility even trumps pay raises, as reported by several young employees surveyed by Cisco. Source of article:installment loans to live off of than give up social networking.It naturally seems that the bond would follow the generation into the workplace, intermittently at the demurrals of employers. A survey done by Cisco Systems Inc. shows that these digital natives are intend to lose eminent pay for social media access at work.