Tea Party--Boomers reliving the 60s?

The Silent Generation, the Baby Boomer Generation, Generation-X, the Millennial Generation (or Generation-Y) and the Pivotal Generation (Generation Z)
psCargile

Re: Tea Party--Boomers reliving the 60s?

Post by psCargile »

Herman Cain. Who has a following in GA, and who will replace Neil Boortz when he retires.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

psCargile wrote:Herman Cain. Who has a following in GA, and who will replace Neil Boortz when he retires.
Herman Cain has a following all over the United States.

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Herman Cain has a following all over the United States.
I was never a real fan of him, but the attacks leveled on him were just disgusting. If you want an example of media hypocrisy, look no further than that.

With the tea party, I've noticed that it is a mix of Republicans and independents, even with a few democrats mixed up in everything. However, there is a point to be made that the majority of them do seem to be Boomers. I don't see very many people there my age.

Laustim

Post by Laustim »

More likely to be white and men in the general population, tea partyers also bias towards middle age or older. That is to say. Most came of age in the 1960s, an era distinguished by the general lack of respect for the government. In his years of wonder, they learned that politics was about to protest the Constitution and shouting for the man. No wonder they're doing now.

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Perhaps, but I've seen people of all ethnic backgrounds there. They do tend to be boomers, though. They've spent their entire lives protesting something, so this is almost like second nature.