An interesting book-Europe Between Hitler and Stalin

The Silent Generation, the Baby Boomer Generation, Generation-X, the Millennial Generation (or Generation-Y) and the Pivotal Generation (Generation Z)
gerald

An interesting book-Europe Between Hitler and Stalin

Post by gerald »

Bloodlands: Europe Between Hitler and Stalin by Timothy Snyder (Oct 2, 2012)

The following comments are based upon the above book ---- and the research contained therein.

People are sheep and are guided and controlled by "leaders".

With the proper "leaders" and control of / or suppression of information and "propaganda" leaders can get people to do anything and people will personally justify their actions no matter how "horrible those actions are" Because of "ideas,"peer pressure, and survival most people will do anything.

such as ---

Why am I killing babies, because these babies will kill my babies ( Nazi executioner )

Why are they starving to death in the Ukraine, to embarrass me- Stalin ( Stalin's 1930's action against the Ukraine to sell Ukrainian grain for foreign machinery)

When I die you can eat me - cannibalism - starving mother to her starving daughter during Stalin's 1930's Ukrainian operation.

Why am I rounding up Jews to be sent to work camps ( so I can live, a Jewish "police man")

Why am I cleaning out the gas chambers, so I can live, a Jewish "laborer"

Why am I, Hitler, invading Eastern Europe, to expand Germany, so Germany can have more land, I am just doing what the Americans did to the Indians, besides the Volga should be our Mississippi.

We must build a Utopia ( Hitler & Stalin ) and dispose of the non-humans for the greater good.

Non- humans are those other then us.

Etc. etc.

One can replace Hitler and Stalin with religions or other ideas.

People are sheep and the leaders know it. --- baaaa, baaaa

CrosstimbersOkie

Re: An interesting book-Europe Between Hitler and Stalin

Post by CrosstimbersOkie »

I think the author got it backwards. "Leaders are sheep and are guided and controlled by public opinion."

Which is the true situation, even in totalitarian societies.

gerald

Re: An interesting book-Europe Between Hitler and Stalin

Post by gerald »

CrosstimbersOkie wrote:I think the author got it backwards. "Leaders are sheep and are guided and controlled by public opinion."

Which is the true situation, even in totalitarian societies.
Leaders lead sheep because sheep want to be lead. Have you ever watched sheep? Have you ever watched people? Have you ever listened to gospel "bringing in the sheep"?