FutureTimeline.net

The Silent Generation, the Baby Boomer Generation, Generation-X, the Millennial Generation (or Generation-Y) and the Pivotal Generation (Generation Z)
Nathan G

FutureTimeline.net

Post by Nathan G »

Hey, guys, what do you think of this fella's website?
http://www.futuretimeline.net/

I know he makes a lot of errors in his predictions, but the overall research into it sounds very fascinating.
Without (apparently) knowing anything about GD, he still predicts a "crisis" in the 2020's, a period of prosperity in the 2030's (high), a period of "the world at a crossroads" in the 2050's (awakening), and "the world in transition" from 2060-2100 (unraveling and crisis).

psCargile

Re: FutureTimeline.net

Post by psCargile »

It seems like the kind of world we can expect with infinite capital and no wars.

What I've noticed between prediction and reality is that spaceflight and exploration hasn't advanced as far as we would have expected in the 60s, 70s, and 80s, while,in some areas, technology has leapfrogged our expectations. Star Trek may have inspired the flip phone, but it failed to see the smart phone, and had anyone foreseen social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and the like? Growing up in the 70s and 80s, I find that I'm not living in the world of the future I had thought would come to pass, but in the world of the future I couldn't have imagined at the time.

Here are some links to an interesting website/blog that covers the history of prediction.

Paleofuture website with categorized times and subjects.

Paleofuture blog at Gizmodo.