Rush Limbaugh callers

The Silent Generation, the Baby Boomer Generation, Generation-X, the Millennial Generation (or Generation-Y) and the Pivotal Generation (Generation Z)
VinceP1974

Rush Limbaugh callers

Post by VinceP1974 »

Limbaugh asked his audience on Monday if this is America's finest hour (as a professor from Hillsdale said, which prompted Rush to ask the question).. or is America lost (as some bloggers were saying)

On Tuesday, he took calls on the subject

I'll put each caller into its own post on this thread

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/ ... ember.html

Will the Younger Generation Rise Up? Callers Want Better Than This
April 6, 2010

Listen To It! WMP | RealPlayer

Audio clips available for Rush 24/7 members only -- Join Now!

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, remember yesterday I posed a question that has two possible answers, and I wanted your thoughts on it. Very rarely do I do this. I'm the one who supplies the answers, generally. But most hosts, in order to generate calls, throw out a topic, "What do you think of this?" and hope the phones ring. I'm going to make a major departure. We didn't get any calls on it yesterday because at the time I did it our lines were already full and the people who wanted to respond to the question couldn't get in. The question is very simple. Paul Rahe, Hillsdale College, looks at the passing of Obamacare and the entire agenda of this regime as an opportunity for America's finest hour because in his view, the American people are not people that wish to be subjugated or suborned or dictated to and that they are seeing for the first time without doubt as clear as can be exactly what liberalism is. There's no mystique. It now doesn't require us to tell people and to warn people about liberalism. It's there in the form of the health care bill, now in the form of limiting our nuclear weapons, in form of making enemies out of our allies. It's all out there for everybody to see, and his theory is that the American people will rise up and not accept this.

On the other side of that, I found a couple of young people in their thirties, bloggers, who said, "I wish he was right, but no way." As they look at their own generation, they see sloth, laziness, ill education, people who have been educated about wrong things and incorrect things, an entitlement mentality, a generation that's grown up being diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder all over the place and given drugs to deal with it, and basically people who have expectations of great wealth the moment they get out of bed and the moment they get out of college. They don't know how to make anything. So, which do you see as you sit here living your life in America today? That's the question. Do you see the Paul Rahe version, opportunity for our finest hour, or do you see these young people in their generation's view of it that if it's up to us to fix it and our generation doesn't have the mettle? We have somebody that wants to weigh in on this. This is Jan in Martinez, California. Great to have you on the program. Welcome to the EIB Network.

CALLER: Hi, Rush. I've been listening since about '87 when you were in Sacramento, and I have been awakened, not that I wasn't always seeking the truth. It's now time for me to engage. And I am optimistic that it's not too late for America because they just pushed me too far. People like me have been busy trying to raise my family. My kids are 9 to 16, and I homeschool. My first responsibility is my family, and under George Bush I wasn't happy with all the things he was doing. I didn't like his overspending. But I could sleep at night. Now I lay down my head on my pillow and I've got things I'm thinking about, and they have to do with what this stupid Congress is conjuring up for us. And I think that that's a huge thing. And the other thing that will make a difference in this fight is that we have the truth on our side, and that's what you stand for, that's what Reagan stood for -- and while I'm not saying she's our savior, but that's what Sarah Palin stands for. Well, why do they hate you so much? Why do they hate him? Why do they hate her? Because they dare to speak the truth and our job as conservatives is the same. No matter what the outcome looks like to us right now, we are to speak the truth. We are to educate people. And I just think it's not too late. What do they try to do to us? I'm not a tea party member. I've gone to some tea parties. I went to the Tax Day Tea Party in Sacramento last year. That was the finest group of people you could ever hope to be with. I talked to the Capitol Police. What did they say? "This is a great crowd," and then I said, "Well, are you right or are you left?" And he said, "Well, I can't say, but I'll tell you I carry a pocket Constitution with me. Does that tell you where I stand?"

RUSH: Yeah.

CALLER: And I said, "Yes, sir."

RUSH: It does.

CALLER: My sign here says "Uphold the Constitution." If we just uphold the Constitution, we wouldn't be having the problems we have today. So I would say yes, because we stand for the truth. We stand for the Constitution -- and like myself, I think this 30-year-old generation, it might be too late for that one, but I'm looking at my kids. I'm looking at the people I associate with. The homeschooling movement is huge, and most of the people there are conservatives, and what do they hold? They hold to the same Judeo-Christian principles that our Founders held to, and I think that will make the difference because who has a lock on truth other than you, Rush?

RUSH: Incredibly, incredibly well spoken, Jan.

CALLER: Thank you.

RUSH: You are very articulate, and you sound clean.

CALLER: I sound what?

RUSH: Clean. Clean and articulate, just like Biden said about Obama.

CALLER: (laughing) Well, thank you.

RUSH: Seriously. That was well articulated with not even one stutter.

CALLER: Well, you know, they're coming after my way of life and in my case my livelihood, okay? My husband, he sells insurance. He sells homeowner's and auto. Nobody is buying new cars. Nobody is buying new houses. Because why? The stinking government has screwed with those two industries majorly with their regulations and their takeover of loans and auto companies. Can't people see it? I just don't understand. I want more for my kids than this crap. I don't want "free" health care. Is my health care going up? You're darn right it's going up, but I don't care. I've sat down in the county hospital with my elderly mother -- and I am not a racist person, and I hate the fact that these people are forcing us to have to say things like that. If you saw how I lived, you saw how I teach my children to live and the people we come in contact and the lives we touch, I am not a racist. But, gosh darn it, Rush, I can't provide for the whole world, okay? And it's like, can I have the best Medicare, Medicaid system in the world? Yes, I can. Does it have a few problems? Yeah. But they're taking my Mercedes with a flat tire and they're handing me a Yugo, and they're doing it in the name of social justice. Well, what's going to happen? There's not going to be one good thing left for anybody when they're done with it. There will be no place for anyone to go. I don't think they know what they have in store for them in November. I've never gone down to my George Miller, my congressman, my liberal, liberal congressman that went down to see --

RUSH: Noriega.

CALLER: The guy in South America a long time ago.

RUSH: Noriega during the Contra wars.

CALLER: Thank you. I just got too upset. He fought against Ollie North, he fought against Reagan. Look where we're at now. What do we have creeping into Venezuela? We got Putin right there, bringing in his help for nuclear energy. Oh, yeah? Well, gee, what is that all about? That's to get the materials in place so they can have nuclear weapons. That's who I have for a congressman. I have no one that represents my views out here. It's horrible. But I have a few people, you know? And we've got a great station out here that you're on, KSFO. We've got a guy, Brian Sussman, you should have him on. He has a new book, Climategate, that's educating people, and that is what we need to do. Like you always say: "You be the go-to person in your family." You've been saying that lately.

RUSH: Exactly right. I think you're exactly right on all this. Three cheers. You got people in the country standing and up cheering you, which is my point. The vast majority of Americans see it exactly as you do. All the polling data shows it. That's why I'm calling this bunch a "regime." They are governing against the will of the people on purpose. You've got a majority, and you are part of it. The question is the battleplan and the action plan beyond elections -- well, including elections, but even beyond that. Look, Jan, I'm glad you called. You were so good I went beyond my mandated commercial time-out. So the next segment when we get back here, folks, is going to be a little shorter than usual. But it was worth it. Jan, thank you very much.

VinceP1974

Re: Rush Limbaugh callers

Post by VinceP1974 »

RUSH: Bob in Ava, New York. Welcome to the program, sir. Nice to have you with us.

CALLER: Thank you. Rush, I want to thank George Blue (ph) for directing me to you almost 20 years ago. I've learned so much from you, but the one most thing is "follow the money." That's burned into my head. I disagree with Mr. Rahe. I agree with that female blogger. I think our country is lost. Adolf Hitler said if you control what the people know, you control the people. I currently work at a cheese factory and spoke with a 19-year-old high school graduate about the government. He said, quote, "I've heard of Thomas Jefferson. He was around in the 1800s, right?" And I said, "Well, at least you heard of him." Another guy in his twenties said, "What the heck is partial-birth abortion?" Five years ago a woman in her fifties told me, "Gee, I wish I was Monica Lewinsky." My wife's an RN, Echocardiographer. She's very educated and very smart. When she gets home from work, she has no interest in the news or politics, especially since it's always bad. I used to work at SAC until 1995. Now my son works at NASA and he'll be fixing Toyotas if Obama has his way.

RUSH: Are you a stand-up comedian out there?

CALLER: No.

RUSH: You should be. You should be, Bob. (laughing) I'm surprised --

CALLER: Look what happened at NASA this year. The last space shuttle is going to take off September 25th. It's going to get to the space station on the 27th, and everyone -- 5,000 engineers including my son -- are getting laid off on September 30th. How are they gonna get home?

CALLER: They're not going to be stranded up there.

CALLER: Well --

RUSH: Don't (laughing). He's asking, the shuttle gets up there on the 27th, all the engineers get laid off at NASA on the 30th. How do they get home from the space station? (interruption) The Russians are going to bring us back?

CALLER: I guess so.

RUSH: The Russians are going to bring us back? In their vehicle? So we're leaving the shuttle up there?

CALLER: Yep.

RUSH: Yeah. Right. (interruption) With what aircraft? (interruption) Their own? Okay, so the shuttle's gotta stay there, right? Our astronauts are getting out of the shuttle and the Russians are going to bring us back from the space station, and the shuttle's gotta stay docked or else we're going to turn it loose and let it go? (interruption)

CALLER: Welcome to America.

RUSH: Oh. Oh. Oh. (interruption) Well, who's going to bring the shuttle back if the Russians are picking up our astronauts and bringing them home? See, this is what happens when you get information on the fly. What do you know about this, Bob?

CALLER: My son works for mission control. But, anyway, I think our country is lost because the young people in our country are not being taught anything about the government. They don't know who their congressmen are or their governors are. They've never read the Constitution or the Bill of Rights. They don't watch the news. They're totally oblivious, and I think that's what the government wants.

RUSH: Well, I don't think there's any doubt about that. I mean, the dumbing down has been on purpose. Look at this story I have here from Breitbart's site, BigGovernment.com: "The Obama Administration is putting the best face on the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ (BLS) recent March 2010 jobless numbers report, touting the steady nationwide jobless number of 9.7%. But for minorities, the news is bad and getting worse. The really bad news is buried in the middle of the 38-page report. The BLS data reveals an alarming and growing divergence between the number of white and the number of minorities that are unemployed. Worse yet, it is clear that minorities, especially African Americans, are falling further behind. If unchecked, the long term implications of that imbalance are nightmarish for the nation."

Let me put it in real terms. Jobless numbers are showing now that minorities are being specifically crushed by the regime and its policies. Folks, I beg of you, do not doubt me. This is purposeful. This is on purpose. Look, the Congressional Black Caucus knows what's going on. They're having private meetings about it. They're not yet gutsy enough to go public. Sharpton is their liaison, but they're asking, "Where are the jobs for our people? Where are the jobs for our people?" They're not there. The jobs for anybody aren't there. This is all a purposeful destruction. Architects of the regime are in charge of this, and it's happening right before our very eyes.

VinceP1974

Post by VinceP1974 »

RUSH: Jason in Washington, DC. Great to have you on the EIB Network. Hello.

CALLER: Hi, Rush. Mega Army dittos.

RUSH: Thank you, sir.

CALLER: I'm an Army captain, and we're lucky, first of all, that he didn't say Wrigley Field or Fenway, so count our blessings on that one, that at least got it close to the right spelling or pronunciation. But the reason why I was calling is that I listened yesterday, and I heard you talking about the bloggers and the mid-30 types. I am a mid-30 type. And honestly, Rush, being in the Army and not having come into the Army until after having been in the civilian world for a few years in the workforce, I can tell you my generation. My generation is lost, and guess who trains the next generation? My generation. So honestly, Rush, I feel a sense of hopelessness.

RUSH: How old are you? What is your generation's age?

CALLER: My generation's age would be the 28 to about 38 group, I guess. I dislike classing myself as Generation X.

CALLER: But that's kind of where I fit in.

RUSH: And you say Generation X is lost?

CALLER: Yes, absolutely, unfortunately. The only people that I see that have the wherewithal and the fortitude to actually go back to where we came from to allow our country to be as great as it can be are the ones who join the military, and how many people are actually in the military, Rush? Less than a half of 1% of the entire US population. The majority of your listeners -- well, maybe not the majority of your listeners, the majority of the American people -- don't even know a soldier. Twenty percent of the American people take the vast majority of their subsistence and benefits of some form or another from the government in some way, shape, or form. My generation is happy for our handouts and that's what the next generation is going to learn.

RUSH: I get this a lot from people of all generations, that there are so many people now that have an entitlement mentality, that the definition of "American" to them is having things given to them or "benefits," their favorite word, benefits provided. They go on a job interview, "What's the vacation time, what's the sick-time, and what are the benefits?" More than what the compensation is. But I have a theory about generations. You say that generations train the generations that follow them. I know what you mean by that, but we've been through this in the country. I don't think we've ever been to this point where we're being led by actual radicals who want to tear down the whole structure of the country as founded. Now, there have been previous presidents that you would say were radicals, Woodrow Wilson was one, and FDR was radical in his own way. But when it came time to really defend the country, FDR did, in World War II. All the New Deal stuff was rotten and horrible
(packing the court, too) but notice even after World War II he got together with Churchill at Yalta and carved up the Eastern Bloc and basically cemented the Soviet Union as an enemy, communist power.

But I don't think we've had anybody quite like this regime. At some point, if there is an America still left -- and let me weigh in on this. I, of course, have my optimistic flame burning at all times. I'm not unrealistic about it and I'm not phony optimistic. The optimism that I have is based on a lot of faith that I still have in the American people, especially the ones that listen to this program and the ones that call it, and the people around the country that I've met in the process of my career here. I still have this faith and I think what happens is that a tipping point is reached. If it were true that every generation teaches the next generation, we would have ceased to exist as a country long ago. We would have gone down a sewer long ago. But the reason we haven't is that every three or four generations, you have one that looks at what it's about to inherit and says, "We don't want any part of this. We do not want any part of the way you" meaning their parents and grandparents "have lived. We don't want any part of the America you've created."

Now, that works both ways. I mean, you have people with Obama now who have that exact view but it's not generational, it's ideological. I mean, they have genuine ideology opposition to the founding of this country and its Constitution. And they're in the process of literally overthrowing it from within. But culturally, you'll find if you go through history, what gave birth to the Victorians? Debauchery and a previous generation which was going to hell in a handbasket. So these things happen, and of course the Victorians were thought to be too strict and the people said, "We're not gonna live in straitjackets like you people want us to." So there's an ebb and flow to it. I understand what people are saying about the education system. We've dumbed people down, we've made people idiots, we have maleducated them, we've told them lies about the country. The multiculture curriculum especially has taught that the Founding Fathers were racists, sexists, bigots, homophobes; that the people who discovered this country were the same and they brought all this destruction and disease. It's a minority-based, chip-on-the-shoulder agenda and it's being taught.

But despite that, there are bright lights everywhere. There are people who are not succumbing to it, and they are in the education system -- and they are in college, and they are in the workforce. And when I look at polling data on the health care bill, 55% want no part of it and it's a number that's still growing. The number is still growing, meaning that the anger and the emotion is still there and still expanding. The Rasmussen Report poll yesterday on the tea party said more Americans associate with the tea party than they do with Obama, 48-44. By the way, speaking of the tea party, our first caller today from Martinez, California, made a really good point. It zipped by me real fast. She said, "I'm not a member of the tea party, but I went to a tea party gathering." There aren't any members of the tea party. That's the point. You don't join it. The tea party just is, and it's made up as we have now been told of more Democrats and independents than Republicans. The income level is among the highest in the country. These are educated people. Many of them are involved this way for the first time ever in their lives, just as our caller said (she was from Martinez, California).

They just show up whenever there's an important reason to, be it Harry Reid's rally in Searchlight or Obamacare day on Sunday in Washington. They're going to have multiple tea party events on April 15th in Atlanta, Tampa, all over the country. And they're us. They are us and the polling data shows that a vast majority of the American people are with them. Now, as to young people and not knowing anything, I know it's worse than it's ever been in terms of public education, and it's by design. But they haven't won that battle. They have not totally won the disinformation war. There are people escaping it. And there are educational institutions that are springing up, such as homeschooling, to combat it. So the American people are out there fighting this -- and they're fighting it, in many cases for the first time they've ever fought anything. They know if they can't specifically say why, they know instinctively that something's not right here: The way legislation is being made, the type of legislation being made, waving the white flag of surrender with our nuclear arsenal. If the regime keeps up this way, if every day brings the kind of news such as the news we've had today about basically throwing our national security away, even more Americans are going to awaken. Even more Americans are going to want to get involved and stop this.

VinceP1974

Post by VinceP1974 »

RUSH: Charles in Newport News, Virginia, great to have you on the EIB Network. Hello.

CALLER: Rush, it is such a pleasure.

RUSH: Thank you.

CALLER: Like I told Bo, you know, you and the EIB Network are freedom fighters fighting for America on a different front. Such a pleasure to talk to you.

RUSH: Thank you, sir, very much.

CALLER: Hey, the reason I'm calling is I gotta disagree with Bob earlier and then of course the young captain previously. I do have a lot of faith in where we're at as a country and this generation coming up, 'cause I see it on a daily basis at work. You know, 23 years in the military -- Army -- come August, and every day I meet guys that know, that took that oath to support and defend the Constitution and know what it means. And just the fact that it's an all volunteer force, that tells America everything. These guys don't have to be there, they know what it means, they know what they're coming in for --

RUSH: Yeah, but remember the --

CALLER: -- war right now.

RUSH: -- previous military guy said there's not enough of you.

CALLER: That's true, but you need a seed corn, where does it start? You know, I mean you've got patriots out there. I (unintelligible) back in the second Ranger time Carlton Dietrich, he said, "There's two types of people: Patriots and politicians." And, you know, those patriots are out there, and Bob is one of those. Bob, you served there. Hey, you're out there. You know, spread the wealth. I mean that figuratively.

CALLER: Let your neighbors know.

RUSH: Spread the word, absolutely. Okay, we're taking people's opinions on the state of the country. That's what this is about today.

VinceP1974

Post by VinceP1974 »

RUSH: Back to the phones to Huntsville, Alabama. Debbie, welcome to the EIB Network. Welcome.

CALLER: Welcome to you. I'm loving having you here.

RUSH: Thank you very much.

CALLER: Dittos. I've been listening to you since Gulf War One.

RUSH: Gulf War One.

CALLER: My wonderful husband turned me on to you all that time ago.

RUSH: Thank you very much.

CALLER: And I'm originally from Illinois so I know all about the Illinois machine. I worked in health care management for years and years. Now I'm very fortunate to be a college professor teaching health care management and international business.

RUSH: Wow.

CALLER: And I'll get wound up real quick here, but this is going to be our finest hour because it's the wonderful teaching opportunity that you have illustrated us how to do by teaching absurdity. There's thousands and thousands of examples. You look at the education system, they're not teaching critical thinking.

RUSH: Nope.

CALLER: But that doesn't mean they can't learn it. So you use examples to be able to show them, and I'll give you one. I'm five years younger than you. When we were growing up, there was a Vietnam War. They were throwing feces at people coming back, right?

RUSH: Right.

CALLER: My dad marched through the Hurtgen Forest in World War II. People come up to him and shake his hand now and buy him meals because they've learned. They learned from what we did so badly before to doing what we should be doing now, and there's lots and lots of these examples. You can sit down every day and say, "Okay, look at bureaucracy," which is what you keep illustrating so very well in all these articles.

CALLER: Draw a picture: Here's the dollars here, here's the dollars here, here's the dollars here, here's the dollars here -- or I can hand it directly to you.

RUSH: Well, the theory of the young bloggers is, "Hey, if there's a gravy train, let's get on it. If it's easier to get on the gravy train and forge a way for ourselves with 10% unemployment and growing -- I mean, if that's the way of the future -- let's get on board now. Let's just get on the entitlement bandwagon because it will be tougher and tougher to provide for ourselves."

CALLER: But that's just insulting. It's insulting to people who think they have to be dependent. That's the mind-set that they're being given, the culture that they're being given.

RUSH: Exactly.

CALLER: And they can learn is to step beyond that. I stand and talk in front of all these, you know, young folks and not-so-young folks who are coming back to colleges now and understanding the value of being able to learn these things. I'm not saying you have to have a college degree but opening your eyes to critical thinking, it's very invigorating, and you don't have to be labeled.

RUSH: That is absolutely right. One of the things that is most fun for me is to run across somebody like you've just described who has been mal-educated, propagandized or whatever. When you give them a legitimate truth about something and show them the pathway of thought to get there, they are invigorated. They are enthused and they want more of it, because at some point they realize that they have been ill-served in their own education.

CALLER: A lot of it is walking away from labels. You know, we all know as conservatives that we care if somebody is able to eat. Liberals just feel it. "Well, we've gotta give them a fish."

CALLER: Well, conservatives say, "You know what? We know how to teach you to fish for yourself," and that's the difference between them. Liberals stop with the feeling because they have no critical thinking, or they don't want to admit it. But teaching international business, the examples are amazing. I mean, look at Rwanda and Kagami. He came in there after they had a genocide and he's trying to build a middle class.

RUSH: Well, we're not. We're trying to destroy it. We're trying to create a permanent underclass here.

CALLER: And then you look at Zimbabwe and its corruption.

RUSH: Well, I know, but this is what people are afraid of. For example, you say that -- I'm simply playing devil's advocate with you here. But I could argue that all of these people who want to get on the gravy train because they see that's where the country is headed are probably already dependent. No matter what they do because of Obama they're already so in debt to the government with all of this spending that they may not be able to get out from under it. What would you say to that?

CALLER: I think that anything can happen with this country. That's the exceptionalism of it.

CALLER: We can turn it around. Look at what even just JFK cutting taxes and Ronald Reagan cutting taxes and what I think is the double-edged sword of this country.

CALLER: It's the fact that we have people who have to go and give their lives to protect our freedom, and yet we can raise generations who don't understand the value of the wealth and the freedom that they're given.

RUSH: Right. But look.

CALLER: And then we have to turn around and do it again.

RUSH: Unless Oprah or Snoop Dogg cut taxes, a whole generation of people is not even going to know what it means.

CALLER: But their parents do. I know what my dad did. I lived through Jimmy Carter. You know, I managed a restaurant when everybody working for me had a college degree and I was in high school. I remember, I knew what was coming with Obama

RUSH: When you educate people who don't know Jimmy Carter 'cause they're not old enough to remember him, do you tell them, "Ha-ha! This is it on steroids"?

CALLER: Absolutely. I talk about a loaf of bread, a gallon of gas, double-digit inflation. I go, "Do you know what stagflation is?" And we sit and look at these things and then you see the trend. But I don't have to stand up and say, "Listen, I'm a conservative and I'm going to tell you." I just give them example after example and let them contrast and compare for themselves.

RUSH: Yeah, you did say that: Take the label out of it so that you avoid the stigma. I understand that.

CALLER: Right.

RUSH: Let me ask you a quick question before you have to go here. You say you're from Illinois.

CALLER: Originally, yes.

RUSH: And that you understand the machine.

CALLER: Absolutely.

RUSH: Did you happen to know Michelle Obama when she worked in health care management in Chicago at that hospital?

CALLER: Well, I knew that she put forth a big program that she was going to help make health care more readily available for people in lower-income areas.

RUSH: Yeah, but she didn't.

CALLER: Well, no. It had no teeth, it had no substance, it had no reality. It was, "Here's any program. This is what I'm going to do to make me look wonderful," and then she left and it died.

RUSH: Well, it was worse than that.

CALLER: (chuckles)

RUSH: Her hospital actually was turning away poor people.

CALLER: Yeah.

RUSH: We've done the stories on this program. Her hospital was turning away the poor to send them to other hospitals to keep their profits up.

CALLER: But, see, the exact problem with it is -- and people just have to keep remembering -- the folks that are getting squeezed here are the providers, the doctors and the hospitals. And it goes right back to what you were just talking about before. It's just like gun owners. Legal gun owners had to register their guns so everybody knows where they are, and if you want to obey the law you have to do that. Well, providers bend over backwards to meet these regulations.

RUSH: And forwards.

CALLER: Yet Medicare looks at them as guilty until proven innocent, while all these crooks who don't really care if they get caught or not -- or at least they'll be able to get out of it and they wouldn't have their life ruined.

RUSH: Well, I know. Exactly. So when you talk like this people will be genuinely asking: How can this woman be optimistic?

VinceP1974

Post by VinceP1974 »

RUSH: Now, we always back up things we say. I was just talking to our caller in Alabama, and I asked her if she knew Michelle Obama when Michelle's hospital was turning away the poor. And, of course, I know that people out there, "You just can't make stuff up." I didn't make it up. We reported it back on the health care summit day, but it's actually from August 23rd of 2008 in no less than the Chicago Sun-Times: "Sen. Barack Obama's wife and three close advisers have been involved with a program at the University of Chicago Medical Center that steers patients who don't have private insurance -- primarily poor, black people -- to other health care facilities. Michelle Obama -- currently on unpaid leave from her $317,000-a-year job as a vice president of the prestigious hospital -- helped create the program, which aims to find neighborhood doctors for low-income people who were flooding the emergency room for basic treatment. Hospital officials say such patients hinder their ability to focus on more critically ill patients in need of specialized care, such as cancer treatment and organ transplants." Really? Cancer treatment and organ transplants in the emergency room? What the hell is that? Who gets treated for organic transplants in the emergency room? Anyway it's her program, turn away poor people, turn away black people to other hospitals so her own hospital will keep the profit margin up.

VinceP1974

Post by VinceP1974 »

RUSH: By the way, we're talking about education here with our last caller, and Obama talks about education a lot, and it's very well worth your while to remember what he taught when he was a lecturer. He was not a professor; he was not adjunct; he was a lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School. If you look at a picture of him writing on the blackboard, you'd see him teaching Rules for Radicals. You'd see him teaching Alinsky. That's what's on the blackboard. Essentially Obama taught rights and "race and gender" law. That's what he taught. So when you hear him talk about education, that's it.

Also talking about the young people, honest to God, Fox News: "After years of waiting, Apple has finally released the tablet computer fans have been panting after for years. To celebrate, a group of teenagers broke out a baseball bat and destroyed one. The three teens purchased the iPad at a Best Buy store in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, before proceeding to destroy it on the sidewalk outside of the store. They recorded the destruction of their newly purchased gadget and posted the video to the YouTube video sharing site, where it's gone viral, having attracted nearly 280,000 views since April 3." This is the "notice me" culture, the stupid quest for fame.

Back to the phones. Bill in Smithfield, Virginia. Welcome to the EIB Network. Great to have you here, sir.

CALLER: My pleasure to talk with you, sir. How are you today?

RUSH: Very well. Thank you.

CALLER: I wanted to call in and let you guys know that from where I sit with respect to whether it's over or not with the future of our country, I am convinced completely that it is not. However, being a 24-year-old college graduate who can vouch that where things are now, it's damn hard to find decent work. I actually live in Charleston, South Carolina. I'm up in Virginia visiting family.

RUSH: You know what I saw today? There's a report, speaking of that, from the Bureau of Labor Statistics that says there are 5.7 people for every job opening in the country.

CALLER: Well, it certainly looks that way from what I've seen. With respect to your question from yesterday, I think that we certainly are in hot water to put it one way, but for what it's worth to the listeners out there who are not necessarily in touch with -- or don't have any sort of finger on the pulse of -- the younger, mid-twenties age range, I can say that there is a consistent move, at least here and there in my own circle of friends and throughout people that I know and interact with, away from supporting the policies of the sitting administration. The health care bill is one that is not at all popular with even some of my liberal friends who question how this thing can possibly work without the money behind it to support it. But the largest issue I think that is facing my age range is lack of an articulate motivational figure in the grand political scheme in the United States, out there for the mid-twenties age range folks. We don't have someone that articulates the message of concise conservatism, certainly not in the way that you do.

RUSH: Well, what's wrong with me?

CALLER: Well, I think that the trouble is that with a lot of conservative, particularly talk radio figures or Fox News figures, is that people in my age range are inculcated from what they see in the mainstream media to view people like yourself and other talk radio hosts as being very radical and detrimental to actual education in American politics -- which, of course, I would stringently disagree with. That said, there is a lot of work to be done to overcome that. Oftentimes let's say I'm sitting around in my house doing whatever I may be doing and have your program on the radio. It results in arched eyebrows from whoever might be come in, although less and less when they actually hear what you have to say, but I am an intense advocate of what it is to be an American and what I believe our Founding Fathers intended.

RUSH: Okay. So what you're basically saying is that people your age are hungering for a credible leader, preferably close to their age in whom they could place their confidence?

CALLER: I believe that if there was somebody who could embody conservative principles in such a way as to illuminate them beyond the sort of sort of silliness of mainstream media argument and point out this is what makes sense. This is what it's about to be an American; your individual responsibilities are this; you are promised an opportunity for success. There is no guarantee. Anywhere in any document in this country or at any point in our history, there is no guarantee that you will have success. You must work for it.

CALLER: I'm not doing great in terms of my financial state, as I said. The employment situation's not wonderful. But I'm not going to sit here and blame someone else for that situation other than the policies that I feel have inflamed that.

RUSH: Yeah, blame the regime.

CALLER: I'm not going to give up and wait for somebody to hand me something, and I don't think that there a lot of people outside of those who already buy into that mentality that want to do that, either -- and I believe, as you said, that there are definitely many among my age range that hunger for someone to get out there and tell them, "You know, you can do this. You don't have to wait for someone to do it for you," and that's an important message that is not being espoused.

RUSH: You know, about your 24-year-old buddies. I'll tell you a short story. Not long ago I was in Las Vegas. I was out there with some friends. I went out and had dinner at one of the restaurants and then took the great career risk of venturing in the casino. I went to the craps table with a friend, and at the craps table people left me alone and I had a good roll as a shooter. People made a lot of money off my roll. When my friend and I left the table, I literally was swarmed by college kids, most of them from the University of Miami. They wanted to talk about nothing but politics. They were into it, and these kids were (I think) about 24, maybe a few years younger. So depending on where you happen to go geographically this program does reach these people. If we could be made to reach even more of this we could dispel all this BS about the radical nature of this program. Who's radical in this country is the regime. This country is as mainstream as any --

CALLER: (static)

RUSH: Did we lose you? Did I hear a disconnect?

CALLER: No, probably just a little bit of a wind.

RUSH: You're on a cell phone. I'm hearing some noises. Why don't you become the articulate spokesman? You're out of work, looking for work. You're plenty articulate. You're very persuasive. You already know people your age. You know what it all means. Why don't you become the youth leader? Have you ever thought about that? I've advised people become the go-to guy in your group that's got all the answers. You could be it.

CALLER: For what it's worth, I think that at least in a very small group of people that's certainly what they would evaluate me as being, but it's something that I would like to try and extend in my own life and do better and more of because at the risk of sounding immodest you are not the only person who has ever told me that I am articulate but thank you very much, it does mean a lot. Yeah, I think --

RUSH: You just hope Joe Biden never tells you.

CALLER: Right.

RUSH: Look at CPAC. Look at all the college kids that were in attendance at CPAC.

CALLER: I'm not saying there aren't young people out there, don't get me wrong. At the Newport News tea party last April, I had a wonderful opportunity of being plucked out of the crowd, essentially at random the fellow that was standing up there speaking said, "Hey, do you have anything to say?" and I got up there and essentially started out by addressing a crowd that had very few young people in it and letting them know that, you know, not all of us went for Obama regardless of what CNN will tell you.

RUSH: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

CALLER: Young people weren't a wave of Obama support, and I think it's important for other young people to know because oftentimes we're made very much to feel like we're in some kind of minority or that we're wrong or in some way fighting our generation or fighting the ideology that should be prevalent in our age range by saying we don't agree.

RUSH: Well, I think you could be the guy. You could get yourself in a situation where people would pay to have you come in and give a speech. And you could earn a little money at the same time and who knows where that would lead. But you ought to think seriously about that. You sound very capable and qualified to me. I'd be honored to hear you speak about some of your kid friends. Not "kid" friends, younger friends. Anyway, Bill, I'm glad you called. I appreciate it.

We gotta take a quick time-out here, folks. Be back... (interruption) I didn't really mean "kid friends." I'm running over time here, I'm looking for one syllable words here to get to the break, Snerdley.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: By the way, according to the new insurance law, they are kids at age 24, Snerdley.

END TRANSCRIPT