Camille Paglia, Historically transgender correlates with collapse of culture

The Silent Generation, the Baby Boomer Generation, Generation-X, the Millennial Generation (or Generation-Y) and the Pivotal Generation (Generation Z)
Post Reply
vincecate
Posts: 1653
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:11 am
Location: Anguilla
Contact:

Camille Paglia, Historically transgender correlates with collapse of culture

Post by vincecate »

This seems like another indicator that the US is collapsing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5WaXgEjBz8

Higgenbotham
Posts: 5436
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Camille Paglia, Historically transgender correlates with collapse of culture

Post by Higgenbotham »

vincecate wrote:This seems like another indicator that the US is collapsing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5WaXgEjBz8
I would agree with Ms. Paglia. I look at feminism primarily as an indication that the civilization has plateaued and therefore not much is being built anymore. Since men have built nearly everything that exists in the world, once fewer things are being built, the worth of men falls. As the worth of men falls, the birthrate falls, which causes the value of women to fall since the primary role of women is to birth (and nurture) all of the people who have ever been in existence or ever will be. As things go from plateau mode into decline mode, it seems reasonable that what Ms. Paglia has observed would be the next logical step in the process of devaluing genders and gender roles.

I am starting to observe a general acceptance that collapse is coming. For example, I was talking to a top labor lawyer in my city last week. I told her that it is good for those who have savings and don't need to be employed to be employed anyway since bank deposits are just digits on a computer and can vaporize. She replied directly, saying, "Do you think it's going to collapse?" I simply said yes. She replied that a lot of her friends and colleagues think so too.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

John
Posts: 9471
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: Camille Paglia, Historically transgender correlates with collapse of culture

Post by John »

vincecate wrote: > This seems like another indicator that the US is collapsing.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5WaXgEjBz8
Higgenbotham wrote: > I would agree with Ms. Paglia. I look at feminism primarily as an
> indication that the civilization has plateaued and therefore not
> much is being built anymore. Since men have built nearly
> everything that exists in the world, once fewer things are being
> built, the worth of men falls. As the worth of men falls, the
> birthrate falls, which causes the value of women to fall since the
> primary role of women is to birth (and nurture) all of the people
> who have ever been in existence or ever will be. As things go
> from plateau mode into decline mode, it seems reasonable that what
> Ms. Paglia has observed would be the next logical step in the
> process of devaluing genders and gender roles.

> I am starting to observe a general acceptance that collapse is
> coming. For example, I was talking to a top labor lawyer in my
> city last week. I told her that it is good for those who have
> savings and don't need to be employed to be employed anyway since
> bank deposits are just digits on a computer and can vaporize. She
> replied directly, saying, "Do you think it's going to collapse?"
> I simply said yes. She replied that a lot of her friends and
> colleagues think so too.
Hi Higgie,

How are you doing? We haven't heard from you in a long time. Have
you been victimized by the Principle of Maximum Ruin? Are you living
in a trailer because you spent all your money responding to margin
calls? Or did you figure out a way to cash in?

John

Higgenbotham
Posts: 5436
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Camille Paglia, Historically transgender correlates with collapse of culture

Post by Higgenbotham »

John,

My net worth hit a new record high today. I don't expect you to believe that, but it is true.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

John
Posts: 9471
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: Camille Paglia, Historically transgender correlates with collapse of culture

Post by John »

Higgenbotham wrote:John,

My net worth hit a new record high today. I don't expect you to believe that, but it is true.
Why wouldn't I believe you? Have you ever lied to me before? Not that I recall.

Higgenbotham
Posts: 5436
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Camille Paglia, Historically transgender correlates with collapse of culture

Post by Higgenbotham »

John wrote:
Higgenbotham wrote:John,

My net worth hit a new record high today. I don't expect you to believe that, but it is true.
Why wouldn't I believe you? Have you ever lied to me before? Not that I recall.
I haven't, but given the pessimistic statements I have made here over the years, including tonight, it would not seem logical or possible that would be the case. For example, I've stated several times that the stock market would go to zero by 2016.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham
Posts: 5436
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Camille Paglia, Historically transgender correlates with collapse of culture

Post by Higgenbotham »

John,

I am surprised you did not respond to my post, since feminism is a topic you've written about frequently.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

John
Posts: 9471
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: Camille Paglia, Historically transgender correlates with collapse of culture

Post by John »

Higgenbotham wrote: > I haven't, but given the pessimistic statements I have made here
> over the years, including tonight, it would not seem logical or
> possible that would be the case. For example, I've stated several
> times that the stock market would go to zero by 2016.
Yes, you did. That's why when we didn't hear from you in a long time,
I wondered if you'd been hit by the Principle of Maximum Ruin.

The other thing is that you said that you'd be OK if the S&P didn't go
above 1800, and it's currently above 2400. So I was worried about
you. I'm glad I needn't have worried.

As for arguing about feminism, I'm pretty sick of that. These days
I'm pretty occupied with the Mideast, the South China Sea, and so
forth.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest