A crisis war with the Nomads in charge instead of the Prophets?

The Silent Generation, the Baby Boomer Generation, Generation-X, the Millennial Generation (or Generation-Y) and the Pivotal Generation (Generation Z)
jmm1184

Re: A crisis war with the Nomads in charge instead of the Prophets?

Post by jmm1184 »

True, and that's good to watch out for confirmation bias. Yet 58 years between a crisis climax (1717) and a regeneracy event (1775) is perfectly reasonable, though I think the fact that it began in New England and not the south is indeed due to the fact that New England was very far along into a crisis era (nearly 100 years!!).

I've become very curious about the Indian Wars of the 1600s and 1700s - the Yamassee War definitely is a crisis war that was as much Indian vs. Indian as Indian vs colonist, and the Beaver Wars of app. 1650-1700 are especially intruiging as they undoubtedly include a wide range of timelines, and the Iroquois timeline may even shed some light on the timeline of the colonists.

CH86

Post by CH86 »

Except that there were frequent indians wars throughout the late 1600s and the entirety of the 1700s. There were wars Both during the french and Indian war and both before, during and after the American revolution. And Most of those war involved the Same Tribes vs the colonists. The Indians east of the Mississippi were not completely defeated until the war of 1812.

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

When it comes to the Southern Colonies, I don't think their regeneracy event was in 1775. For much of the war, they weren't heavily involved, which is not what you expect from a crisis war. There was definitely fighting, but not the mass atrocities you would expect from a crisis war.

I would put the beginning of their crisis at around 1780, with the Third siege of Charleston. They faced a direct British invasion and when loyalists rose up to join them was when the true bloodbath began. The South was the most brutal part of the conflict, with the worst of the atrocities American against American. That's a part of our war that's frequently overlooked when we're taught about it. That gap would be 63 years, not as deep into a crisis era as the northern ones were, but more than enough. This is something that requires a deeper look, but I don't think all the colonies entered a regeneracy at the same time.

Alosito79

Post by Alosito79 »

This has happened before. Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain had Nomad leaders in WWII. The US had Truman in the end. Nomads rise in crisis all the time.