Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Higgenbotham

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Post by Higgenbotham »

Guest wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:33 am
NYC lost 5.3% of its population — nearly a half-million people — since COVID, with most heading South
Albany is doing everything it can to shrivel New York
These people are the tax base. Doesn't something like the top 1% of NYC pay 70% of the taxes. The parasite class lacks common sense as well as agency.
They are, but there's a distinction that should probably be made between the tax base in New York and, let's say, Texas. It's in how that rich tax base in New York "earned" their money versus how the tax base in Texas is earning it. If it was earned through corruption and fraud, then when that tax base moves to Texas they will want to institute similar laws and ecosystems to recreate the corruption and fraud. In the example cited, it may be to roll back CVA statutes of limitations. Expect to see that debate play out in other states now, as just one example. Also, even if the CVA claims are legitimate (in most cases they probably are) the lawyers are promoting this and pocketing enormous sums of money. Just to be clear, I have cited CVA as just one small little known example of who knows how much of this corruption and fraud is out there in total. They don't have to vote majority Democrats in to start the ball rolling and Republican majority states may not realize what they are up against.
Child sex abuse survivors protest Texas bill that would change statute of limitations in cases
By Amanda Ruiz
Published March 22, 2023
FOX 7 Austin

Survivors protest Texas bill that would change statute of limitations in child sex abuse cases

House Bill 4601 would change the statute of limitations in child sex abuse cases from 30 years to 15 years for institutional defendants, and requires proof for non perpetrator defendants.

AUSTIN, Texas - Survivors of child sexual abuse gathered on the Capitol grounds to protest proposed state legislation that would restrict the statute of limitations in cases of child sexual abuse.

Dr. Anne Elrod Whitney was just 10-years-old when she became a victim of sexual abuse. It happened at a summer day camp she was attending in Texas for gymnastics.

Wednesday morning, she joined a group of other child sexual assault survivors to share their voices to seek justice. Justice that was not possible for them per the current state law.
https://www.fox7austin.com/news/survivo ... in-capitol

This is good news for Texas residents, in my opinion. It means the Texas legislature is aware that blue state predators are going to descend on Texas and try to do things like roll back CVA statutes of limitations to increase revenues to big law firms. Florida likely realizes this too. These predators probably organized this event and will be continually seeking other workarounds.

While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

John

Post by John »

CVA may refer to:

Education

Carrabassett Valley Academy, a ski and snowboard academy, Maine, US
College of Visual Arts, Minnesota, US
Conservatorium van Amsterdam, a conservatory of music in the Netherlands
Contextual value added, UK school statistic
Cyber Village Academy, Saint Paul, Minnesota, US

Veterinary

Common Veterinary Area, as defined by the agreement between the EU and the Swiss Confederation
Certified Veterinary Assistant, a professional designation in the U.S.

Military

US Navy hull classification symbol for attack aircraft carriers
Cape Town Volunteer Artillery, South Africa, now Cape Field Artillery

Economics

Credit Valuation Adjustment, the market value of counterparty credit risk
Company voluntary arrangement, UK, for companies in insolvency

Other

CVA (album), by Paint It Black
Cerebrovascular accident or stroke
Christian Vegetarian Association
Corpus vasorum antiquorum, documenting ancient ceramics
Conservation Volunteers Australia, an Australian organization to provide better environment
cis-vaccenyl acetate, an insect pheromone

Disambiguation icon
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title CVA.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:28 pm
aeden wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:30 am
Now it's just the ethics of lottery ticket lawsuits.
Child Victims Act lawsuits in New York State. Amended so there is no statute of limitations.
CVA is the Child Victims Act.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

I thought it might be useful to stack the maps of social capital and concentration of lawyers on top of each other. It can be seen where social capital is still high, lawyer concentration is low, except in Minnesota. There's probably more to it than just that. An old classmate is a lawyer in Western Kansas. He is a rancher and spends most of his lawyer time keeping drug dealers out of his county. Also, this comparison doesn't seem that good for every state because concentrations of lawyers in a few counties that are part of a large city may not be reflective of the state as a whole.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

John wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:35 am
** 01-Jun-2023 World View: Forum discussion of globalism
Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:06 am

Do these guys not understand what the
globalists wrote about during the 20th
century?

The idea that "dictator" X is just
random and arbitrary, and wasn't
promoted or funded by bankers/elite is
so naive, it's actually pretty funny.

They've told us what the plan is for
over a century, and yet people on here
won't even read what these people wrote.
Both Higgenbotham and aeden not only are
experts in these subjects, but also
discuss them and post research about
them almost every day. You should read
their threads every day, and ask them
questions if you are confused or need
further information.
I wouldn't go so far as to say I take a great deal of interest in or have compiled a great amount of research on the subject of "globalists" for its own sake. I do comments on things that are tangential to the topic from time to time. So for the past few days I've been thinking about what has been said. Some old posts that come to mind had to do with things such as:

Does the elite look far into the future and have the ability to steer events in a particular direction?
Why are the people in positions of wealth and power there?
Are there families who have achieved dominance for centuries?
Which individuals, families, groups, or entities are truly dominant in today's world and who truly runs the world, if anyone?

Surely aeden and I differ on this topic, but we don't debate it. I'm aware of things that I don't bother to discuss because I feel they just amount to going down rabbit holes. As an example, we know George HW Bush (41) was Skull and Bones and Head of the CIA prior to agreeing to become VP under Reagan. After serving under Reagan, to the best of my knowledge, he was the first president to openly use the phrase "New World Order" with the intent of introducing it to the public. Yet he fully subordinated himself as VP to Ronald Reagan, who was an outsider conventionally speaking, and broke down while delivering his eulogy at Reagan's funeral, when he stated, "I learned more from Ronald Reagan than I did from anyone I encountered in all my years of public life..."

https://youtu.be/FTFOLdcBq2Q?t=177

I will attempt to compile what has been said and perhaps add some commentary.
Last edited by Higgenbotham on Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

aeden

Post by aeden »

To little to late by a few decades and way to late to salvage the willfull deceit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1h5AhrDajI

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:45 pm
As an example, we know George HW Bush (41) was Skull and Bones and Head of the CIA prior to agreeing to become VP under Reagan. After serving under Reagan, to the best of my knowledge, he was the first president to openly use the phrase "New World Order" with the intent of introducing it to the public. Yet he fully subordinated himself as VP to Ronald Reagan, who was an outsider conventionally speaking, and broke down while delivering his eulogy at Reagan's funeral, when he stated, "I learned more from Ronald Reagan than I did from anyone I encountered in all my years of public life..."

https://youtu.be/FTFOLdcBq2Q?t=177
The reason I said "was an outsider conventionally speaking" is that Reagan was a member of Bohemian Grove, as was George HW Bush. I think it would be hard to find any references to that fact in the mainstream press, either then or now. It's reasonable enough to say Reagan was a Beltway outsider but that's not the whole story.
Ronald Reagan avoided the Grove during the 1980 presidential election

Ronald Reagan was officially inducted into the Bohemian Club in 1975, the year before he tossed his hat into the 1976 presidential campaign.

He belonged to the Owl's Nest Camp, which he shared with execs from United Airlines and a number of other companies that were powerful in the 1970s.

During the 1980 presidential election, Reagan avoided the Bohemian Grove because he thought he "might be an embarrassment to our fellow Bohemians because of the round-the-clock surveillance by the press. They camp down at my driveway these days," according to "Reagan: A Life in Letters."

In his Spy magazine expose, Weiss reported that he was able to meet with Reagan in the Owl's Nest Camp. They made some small talk, and Reagan off-handedly confirmed that he had assured Nixon he "wouldn't challenge him outright for the Republican nomination in 1968."

Weiss wrote that Reagan gave the lakeside talk that year and took questions from club members afterwards, during which he called for four year terms for congress members and greater regulation of the press.

George H. W. Bush bunked with executives from influential companies

George H.W. Bush joined the club in 1973, while chairing the Republican National Committee during the Watergate scandal.

Domhoff writes that Bush belonged to a camp called Hill Billies, along with top executives from Bank of America, General Motors, and Procter & Gamble.

Bush also brought along a future president as a guest on one trip to Bohemian Grove. He introduced his son — George W. Bush — at a lakeside talk in 1995, saying that he'd make a great president, according to Domhoff.
https://www.businessinsider.com/bohemia ... nts-2018-3

Finally, as I had recalled, it seems to be generally accepted that it was Bush who coined and introduced the phrase "New World Order" to the public.
Abstract: The phrase new world order has been widely used on the political scene since first publicly coined by former president, George Bush. Although quickly adopted as the catch phrase of the 1990s, few people actually agree on what new world order really means. Since new world order, while elusive in definition, is most frequently used to describe aspects of the post Cold War international scenario, understanding the true meaning of that phrase is critical to projecting our future strategic environment and prospects for the new millennium. The attempt of this paper is to reveal that true meaning. Historical analysis will be the primary methodology used to reveal the meaning of George Bushs specific terminology describing his concept of new world order. In a January 16, 1991 speech, he identified the opportunity to build a new world order where the rule of law governs the conduct of nations, and in which a credible United Nations can use its peacekeeping role to fulfill the promise and vision of the UNs founders. These words will be dissected and historically analyzed to develop a clear picture of new world order. Additionally, the primary mechanisms for implementing new world order will be addressed and finally, specific strategic environment and national security implications will be drawn from those conclusions.
https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/citations/ADA398504
We stand today at a unique and extraordinary moment. The crisis in the Persian Gulf, as grave as it is, also offers a rare opportunity to move toward an historic period of cooperation. Out of these troubled times, our fifth objective -- a new world order -- can emerge: a new era -- freer from the threat of terror, stronger in the pursuit of justice, and more secure in the quest for peace. An era in which the nations of the world, East and West, North and South, can prosper and live in harmony. A hundred generations have searched for this elusive path to peace, while a thousand wars raged across the span of human endeavor. Today that new world is struggling to be born, a world quite different from the one we've known. A world where the rule of law supplants the rule of the jungle. A world in which nations recognize the shared responsibility for freedom and justice. A world where the strong respect the rights of the weak. This is the vision that I shared with President Gorbachev in Helsinki. He and other leaders from Europe, the Gulf, and around the world understand that how we manage this crisis today could shape the future for generations to come.

The test we face is great, and so are the stakes. This is the first assault on the new world that we seek, the first test of our mettle. Had we not responded to this first provocation with clarity of purpose, if we do not continue to demonstrate our determination, it would be a signal to actual and potential despots around the world. America and the world must defend common vital interests -- and we will. America and the world must support the rule of law -- and we will. America and the world must stand up to aggression -- and we will. And one thing more: In the pursuit of these goals America will not be intimidated.
https://bush41library.tamu.edu/archives ... apers/2217

By way of example, as previously said, I avoid these kinds of rabbit holes because there is, I feel, little to be gained by burrowing down into them. Having said that, I'll rehash some general ideas on these topics.

tim

Post by tim »

https://www.palladiummag.com/2023/06/0 ... ce-crisis/
Complex Systems Won’t Survive the Competence Crisis
At a casual glance, the recent cascades of American disasters might seem unrelated. In a span of fewer than six months in 2017, three U.S. Naval warships experienced three separate collisions resulting in 17 deaths. A year later, powerlines owned by PG&E started a wildfire that killed 85 people. The pipeline carrying almost half of the East Coast’s gasoline shut down due to a ransomware attack. Almost half a million intermodal containers sat on cargo ships unable to dock at Los Angeles ports. A train carrying thousands of tons of hazardous and flammable chemicals derailed near East Palestine, Ohio. Air Traffic Control cleared a FedEx plane to land on a runway occupied by a Southwest plane preparing to take off. Eye drops contaminated with antibiotic-resistant bacteria killed four and blinded fourteen.

While disasters like these are often front-page news, the broader connection between the disasters barely elicits any mention. America must be understood as a system of interwoven systems; the healthcare system sends a bill to a patient using the postal system, and that patient uses the mobile phone system to pay the bill with a credit card issued by the banking system. All these systems must be assumed to work for anyone to make even simple decisions. But the failure of one system has cascading consequences for all of the adjacent systems. As a consequence of escalating rates of failure, America’s complex systems are slowly collapsing.

The core issue is that changing political mores have established the systematic promotion of the unqualified and sidelining of the competent. This has continually weakened our society’s ability to manage modern systems. At its inception, it represented a break from the trend of the 1920s to the 1960s, when the direct meritocratic evaluation of competence became the norm across vast swaths of American society.
Given the sheer size of the U.S. military in both manpower and budget dollars, it should not come as a surprise that the diversity push has also affected the readiness of this institution. Following three completely avoidable collisions of U.S. Navy warships in 2017 and a fire in 2020 that resulted in the scuttling of USS Bonhomme Richard, a $750 million amphibious assault craft, two retired marines conducted off-the-record interviews with 77 current and retired Navy officers. One recurring theme was the prioritization of diversity training over ship handling and warfighting preparedness. Many of them openly admit that, given current issues, the U.S. would likely lose an open naval engagement with China. Instead of taking the criticism to heart, the Navy commissioned “Task Force One Navy,” which recommended deemphasizing or eliminating meritocratic tests like the Officer Aptitude Rating to boost diversity. Absent an existential challenge, U.S. military preparedness is likely to continue to degrade.

The decline in the capacity of government contractors is likewise obvious, with the largest contractors being the most directly impacted. The five largest contractors—Lockheed Martin, Boeing, General Dynamics, Raytheon Company, and Northrop Grumman—will all struggle to maintain competency in the coming years.
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

It can been seen from what I posted on the previous page that every elected Republican president for the past 55 years has come out of Bohemian Grove, with the exception of Donald Trump. In addition, it can be seen that deals were cut, candidates introduced, and so on. Nobody on this forum has pointed that out, based on a search for "Bohemian" up in the search box. I've been aware of it, but haven't, since there are more important and relevant issues to discuss, in my opinion. To my knowledge, John hasn't tried to steer the forum away from uncovering facts like this and I don't believe he has any particular bias against this type of information being posted. In other words, it's not anything John posted that made me reticent to discuss or point this out; it's just way, way down the list of important topics. And obviously that's the case for everyone else here too, as I'm sure many are aware of this.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 2:01 pm
What I find so interesting about this subject is that the Cargill family, whose company controls at least some of the food that almost every American eats on a given day, barely ever gets mentioned. And it's right out there front and center. Cargill is private, family owned and massive. They are in the grain markets daily.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 7:28 pm
When we break down the actual facts about Cargill, the lack of discussion in the mainstream and alternative media is astonishing.

--Cargill is the largest privately held corporation in the United States
--The Cargill family owns 90% of Cargill
--Due to being privately held, the Cargill family is not obligated to disclose the extent of their holdings
--By Forbes' best estimates, the Cargill family consists of more billionaires than any family in the history of the world.

I would add that Cargill trades a significant portion of the grain volume on the CBOT and owns a significant portion of the world's food.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 11:01 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Merchants-Grain- ... merReviews
Merchants of Grain: The Power and Profits of the Five Giant Companies at the Center of the World's Food Supply

Top customer reviews

MicroCapClub
5.0 out of 5 stars
a great book on secretive industry
June 16, 2013
Format: Paperback|Verified Purchase

Merchants of Grain is a detailed and alluring account of five very secretive but very large companies that are in the center of the world's food supply: Cargill, Continental, Louis Dreyfus, Bunge, and Andre. All of these companies are as dominating today as they were 25-50-75-100 years ago.

Up until 10 years ago, all five were private (Bunge is now public). One thing has stayed consistent, all of the companies still fly under the radar and are still very much family owned. For example, Simon Fribourg started Continental Grain Company in 1813, and today a Fribourg (Paul Fribourg is the Chairman & CEO) still runs the company. Continental is one of the largest companies in the world.

Although the book was written in 1979, I'm sure not that much has changed in regards to the big five's size and importance to the food supply. In 1974 for example, Cargill's share of American food exports was barley (42%), Oats (32%), Wheat (29%), Sorghum (22%), Soybeans (18%), and Corn (16%). Abroad, the big five domination of the grain trade was even more impressive, controlling 90% of Canada's barley exports, 80% of Argentina's wheat exports, 90% of Australia's sorghum exports. Again, this was in 1974, but I'm sure they still control a vast amount of food resources.

Today, Cargill is the largest private company in the US employing 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues of $133 billion in 2012. Bunge (now public) employs 35,000 in 40 countries with annual revenues of $60 billion. Louis Dreyfus employs 35,000 in 53 countries with annual revenues of $50 billion. The point is these companies are still around and thriving, as they were a generation or two ago.

On the worldwide stage, Grain is as important as Oil. Merchants of Grain provides a captivating history lesson on how these companies got their start and events that transpired throughout the 1900's that allowed them to grow, prosper, and dominate the grain trade
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 11:13 pm
“I had much to do with agriculture during my twelve years as a U.S. Senator. No company executives―agricultural or otherwise―came through the doors of my Senate office with the consistent competency of those from Cargill. Interestingly, most I met spent their entire career at the Company. Through knowing them and their chairman, Whitney MacMillan, I became an enormous admirer of their company...” (The Hon. Rudy Boschwitz, former U.S. Senator (R-MN) and former Ambassador to the United Nations Commission on Human Rights)
Higgenbotham wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:24 pm
ESI was the lead acoustic consultant for the Cargill World Headquarters remodel project. The primary concern was speech privacy for conference rooms, private offices, a large divisible meeting room and open office spaces. This was a multi-year project, with services that included pre-demolition speech privacy testing, construction document review, and multiple visits to perform privacy tests of various office space mock-ups.
https://esi-engineering.com/resources/b ... dquarters/