John's location

As requested, this sub-forum is for partying, fun, gossip, conundrums, flirting, comedy, tragedy, or whatever.
Tom Mazanec

John's location

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Does anyone know what city John lives in? Could we inform the police there that he has made a suicide threat?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

John

Re: John's location

Post by John »

Tom Mazanec wrote: > Does anyone know what city John lives in? Could we inform the
> police there that he has made a suicide threat?
Sounds great! Maybe the police can tell me how to pay the rent and
buy groceries.

Or maybe they'll throw me into jail, where I can live rent-free, and
they'll have to feed me!

Wonderful solution!

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

John wrote:
Tom Mazanec wrote: > Does anyone know what city John lives in? Could we inform the
> police there that he has made a suicide threat?
Sounds great! Maybe the police can tell me how to pay the rent and
buy groceries.

Or maybe they'll throw me into jail, where I can live rent-free, and
they'll have to feed me!

Wonderful solution!
Isn't there a Geopolitical Philosopher's Mutual Aid and Hofbräu Society that provides Beef and Beer to "John's People™"?

..That's a thing, right?

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Of course he lives in Cambridge (Doh!). I called the CPD and they asked for his phone and address. I googled his name and city and came up with something.
They said they will send a detective to talk to him, and that I was a good friend.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Do I have, or do I need, anyone's permission to find this hysterically hilarious?

..it really doesn't matter, but I just thought I'd ask.

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:17 am
Does anyone know what city John lives in? Could we inform the police there that he has made a suicide threat?
If someone wants to pass on, as a general rule the kindest thing we can do is let them get on with the job

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

richard5za, I asked that literally years ago. I a bit later did some online sleuthing and found out, and called his local police and (and this is important) directed them to the public online site where he made his statement.
They performed a welfare check. John did not appreciate this, and, after chewing me out, stated he was even more determined.
Me, my conscience is clear and John can say he will do anything and I will not lift a finger.
I assume cops cannot just barge into someone’s house without some justification. I am a Catholic and believe cold-blooded suicide is a one-way ticket to Hell. If you don’t want police coming to you do not publicly threaten to commit suicide.