Religion and Vaccine Arguments

As requested, this sub-forum is for partying, fun, gossip, conundrums, flirting, comedy, tragedy, or whatever.

Re: Religious and Vaccine arguments

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:02 pm
thomasglee wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:20 pm
Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:45 am
Any religion claiming to be the only Way, is not
You're a blooming idiot and clueless.
The sequence of irrational, emotional outbursts in the last several posts demonstrated this quite well.

You can do everything on your own. Just like Adam and Eve, right?

The guy doesn't even understand basic theology, because for him a book fell from the sky just like the islamic text. Sheesh, we still have to suffer with this foolishness, it's pathetic. I'd be more charitable if the guy just made up an interesting handle, but he can't even do that.
I have to listen to anti vaxxer nonsense on this thread from the likes of you all the time. It seems you can dish it out, but you can't take it. Anyone who opposes you is automatically labelled as triggered. You are part of the cancel crowd. You want people silenced. How are you better than BLM?

JDav

Post by JDav »

Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:09 pm
The current Pope seems as wishy washy as the mainstream Protestant churches today. I do not see a Carholic church of unchanging religious beliefs. I see a Catholic church that now blows with the wind. I saw video of Pope Francis tell a little boy that his athiest father was now in Heaven. That is not church doctrine. Or is it? Or maybe it is this week. No, your argument does not hold water. Pope Francis can't even decide on his own views on homosexuality. He has backtracked on this topic too. Pope Francis has lost the plot. And so has the Catholic church.

If you want unflinching orthodoxy, become a Muslim.
Again, you cannot judge the spiritual institution of the Church by her leaders. I do not understand most of what Francis says, but don't confuse the poorly thought out utterings of Francis the man with the Magisterial pronouncements of Francis the Pope. For all the crazy statements he makes, when backed up against the wall (and speaking with the Teaching Authority of the Church) he has always spoken in support of Church teaching. Confusion sewn? Yes. Doctrine changed? No.

Francis, like all the other priests and bishops leading their flocks astray, will one day face the consequences of his actions. "Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."

This is not the first, or the last, bad time the Church has faced. Nor is it the worst. Nor is Francis the worst Pope that ever was. The Church went through a couple of centuries of bad Popes, and is still around. The Church's greatest saints are raised up out of her greatest tribulations.

Tom Mazanec

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Tom Mazanec »

John wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:14 pm
** 01-Sep-2021 World View: Religious and Vaccine arguments
Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:44 pm
> I am almost sympathetic with the stalinist censorship. The
> religious bickering deserves its own thread.
Transferring off-topic posts to another thread where they are
relevant is not "stalinist censorship."

Nonetheless, I'm sympathetic with the issue in this case, and if this
goes on much longer, I'll move these religious vaxxing argument posts
to a new "Religious and Vaccine Arguments" thread.
Maybe that would be a good idea John, before this thread wanders all over the Laniakea Supercluster.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

JDav

Post by JDav »

John wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:14 pm
** 01-Sep-2021 World View: Religious and Vaccine arguments
Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:44 pm
> I am almost sympathetic with the stalinist censorship. The
> religious bickering deserves its own thread.
Transferring off-topic posts to another thread where they are
relevant is not "stalinist censorship."

Nonetheless, I'm sympathetic with the issue in this case, and if this
goes on much longer, I'll move these religious and vaxxing argument
posts to a new "Religious and Vaccine Arguments" thread.
I've said my piece! Will stand down now...

FullMoon

Re: Covid Vaccine - Talk to your DOCTOR

Post by FullMoon »

Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:23 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:02 pm
Navigator wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:25 pm
Personally, I don't trust what people tell me on the internet. I do research and do my best to verify what information I get.

Please, anyone reading this debate, TALK to YOUR PERSONAL DOCTOR about this. I have. I trust him, as he has done a lot of good for my family.

I am not a medical professional, HE IS. I take his opinions a LOT more seriously than what I read on blog sites.

So, Please see your doctor. Ask them what is true and what isn't, and what the best course of action for you is regarding the vaccine.

Every day I see news stories - on conservative news sites - about another prominent anti-vaxxer dying of Covid. Don't be one of them.
You don't have to "trust" anything on the internet. All you have to do is verify the ideas presented, and you can verify very easily every claim I make.

If you can think critically and read. It might save your life, or many more years that you would have had. Your doctor may be the same type that won't go against the grain ... just because. You know, like most of the people that are hoping the world will turn out well, the Fed will save us, etc. It's funny that that kind of idea is here simultaneously with the general thesis of this site, and your position, Navi.
I am double vaccinated, (Pfz) and I never had any side effects. The anti-vaxxers are a bunch low IQ d-bags that have already gotten a lot of people killed.
My body, my choice. Bee-achh

John

Re: Religion and Vaccine Arguments

Post by John »

** 01-Sep-2021 World View: Intermingled posts

I have combined posts from two other threads into this thread. It's a
little confusing, since PhpBB sorts posts by posting date, which means
that the posts from the two threads are intermingled.

But if you posted something, it should be here somewhere, based on
the date and time when you posted it.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:24 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:02 pm
thomasglee wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:20 pm

You're a blooming idiot and clueless.
The sequence of irrational, emotional outbursts in the last several posts demonstrated this quite well.

You can do everything on your own. Just like Adam and Eve, right?

The guy doesn't even understand basic theology, because for him a book fell from the sky just like the islamic text. Sheesh, we still have to suffer with this foolishness, it's pathetic. I'd be more charitable if the guy just made up an interesting handle, but he can't even do that.
I have to listen to anti vaxxer nonsense on this thread from the likes of you all the time. It seems you can dish it out, but you can't take it. Anyone who opposes you is automatically labelled as triggered. You are part of the cancel crowd. You want people silenced. How are you better than BLM?
The problem for you is that I have given reasons why what I state is the case = true.

I don't cancel anyone but those who have no truth in them, I do not use power, or force. That is from the evil one. I never cancelled anyone.

Wake up, you don't even make sense.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

I remember what, until recently, was the most tense time in America since the ACW...the late Sixties - early Seventies. But even on All In The Family they never had the kind of language over Race and the Vietnam War that countless people use over what should be a simple medical decision as we are hearing here, much less issues of War. And my Church is getting crazier by the year, on this and other topics...see https://www.barnhardt.biz/
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

Many of us have been experienced frustration when trying to reason with our woke "friends." James Lindsay finally explains why.

This is a must-read for all believers in rational thought processes, and clearly belongs in this new "Religion" thread.

He goes into much more detail in his new book, "Cynical Theories."

https://newdiscourses.com/2020/07/woke- ... heres-why/

Re: Covid Vaccine - Talk to your DOCTOR

Post by Guest »

FullMoon wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:23 pm
Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:23 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:02 pm

You don't have to "trust" anything on the internet. All you have to do is verify the ideas presented, and you can verify very easily every claim I make.

If you can think critically and read. It might save your life, or many more years that you would have had. Your doctor may be the same type that won't go against the grain ... just because. You know, like most of the people that are hoping the world will turn out well, the Fed will save us, etc. It's funny that that kind of idea is here simultaneously with the general thesis of this site, and your position, Navi.
I am double vaccinated, (Pfz) and I never had any side effects. The anti-vaxxers are a bunch low IQ d-bags that have already gotten a lot of people killed.
My body, my choice. Bee-achh
It's a good thing that no one gives a s--t about you.