Criticism of Generational Dynamics

An alternate home for the community from the legacy Fourth Turning Forum
FullMoon

Re: Criticism of Generational Dynamics

Post by FullMoon »

John is a man. He's fallible. You will find the geniuses in any genre are not fitting your religious perspective of "perfect". I was confounded by this as a young man. No man is perfect, it's the natural of the world we live in. You will be mature when this is self evident. Bob sees it as such, although I think he's somewhat errant in his beliefs. He does recognize the genius when he sees it.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Bob, you don't know what He is doing

or you wouldn't even ask that question

Do you at least know what He has done?

I, a sinful man, do, and I am (in ways) in a worse situation as a result, since I am more accountable. But He has given me hope and love, so I will not lie about it, even in my fallen state.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

FullMoon wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:55 am
John is a man. He's fallible. You will find the geniuses in any genre are not fitting your religious perspective of "perfect". I was confounded by this as a young man. No man is perfect, it's the natural of the world we live in. You will be mature when this is self evident. Bob sees it as such, although I think he's somewhat errant in his beliefs. He does recognize the genius when he sees it.
John has a great many talents. I'd just like him to be aware that all glory is God's, since He made us and we didn't choose to come in, or go out --- He is the Alpha and Omega. Suffering for the truth is a beautiful thing. It should never lead to despair, because He is always waiting for us at the end, like He promised. Forever.

As a student of history, one should know that all of this vanity passes to dust. That's what true revelation shows us. Even if there are humans that make it generations and generations as seemingly "immortals" in their achievement, this is a handful. And then just wait another 2000 years, ha.

Still, they lived and they died. The real question is, where are they now? I hope they planted and raised up eternal things. I hope we all do.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:10 pm
Bob, you don't know what He is doing

or you wouldn't even ask that question

Do you at least know what He has done?

I, a sinful man, do, and I am (in ways) in a worse situation as a result, since I am more accountable. But He has given me hope and love, so I will not lie about it, even in my fallen state.
I know what he has done. He has advocated his worldview. A bunch of people have advocated their worldviews. I'm just not impressed that much by his worldview. Sure, he has gathered a bunch of people who think similarly, but any number of people have gathered more.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

No, you don't.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:28 pm
No, you don't.
? He is centered on tribal thinking and the Industrial Age perspective, with admittedly solid research. He neither invented the tribal thinking or Industrial Age views, and fails to comprehend or research the other ages or WEIRD. I recognized both tribal and Industrial when I bumped into Generational Dynamics, concepts I was quite familiar with. His understanding of blue personalities is a grotesque parody, and enough that you have to doubt his understanding of other people he disagrees with. Nice research, perhaps, but it is best to know how it is limited.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:30 pm
By the way, in your discussion in the other thread, do either of you realize that you're completely talking past each other, and neither of you is making sense, because the two of you are referring to completely different meanings of the word "He"?
While there are always personal variations, I was with the Christian Fellowship long enough to recognize the basic attitude. I sense he does not care about my perspective, which is admittedly unusual, which is why I didn't go into depth on it again.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

I think John has some inkling as to what he doesn't know

Bobby B doesn't know anything. If he is grateful for being born an American, perhaps that will be enough to save him from his foolishness.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:13 am
I think John has some inkling as to what he doesn't know
He should. I have been clear enough and repeated myself often enough that he shouldn't be able to help it. Still, he cannot argue against other perspectives and defends his view only by moving my posts around and juvenile name calling. He has got to know but unable to fight it and pretending it doesn't effect him. Like I cannot figure out why he put his last comment in the GD News thread, away from what he was commenting on, and promptly moved my response here. He is certainly.irrational about criticism.
Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:13 am
Bobby B doesn't know anything. If he is grateful for being born an American, perhaps that will be enough to save him from his foolishness.
If I didn't know anything, why aren't you explaining and correcting? You seem as unable or unwilling to respond as John. I am pleased to be part of the blue American majority and am not impressed by John's small following. I have learned alot about minor powers and tribal thinking, taken advantage of the intensive research. Still. That is what I do. Polyticks is about assuming everyone can defend their worldviews, and there being reasons why each perspective came into existence. This is the opposite of assuming that if one's worldview is correct, all others are garbage.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

When the reasons are unfounded entirely, or just come out of the blue in some desired utopian mindset that lacks all reality and application in the real world, it's impossible to have dialogue.

You just suck us in for more trolling. That's why we just give up and stop rewarding you with attention.