An alternate home for the community from the legacy Fourth Turning Forum
Bob Butler

What voting blue gets you...

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:52 am
Roli wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:43 am
I thought diversity would bring us all together and life would be like a big wonderland...

Even in jail the races are divided.
Vote blue see what it gets ya
Hmm…. S&H seems to indicate that the crisis problems problems will be solved, and that the old concepts rejected. Common sense gun regulation to stop the spree killing? Feminine health care? Jailing criminal presidents? Racial equality in law enforcement? Containment? Collapse by the old guard?

Perhaps that is what voting blue will get you? The Republicans seem to have chosen the wrong side in every crisis issue. It has gotten to be that whenever they do occasionally vote for the benefit of the American people, it gets labeled a bi partisan issue as the Democrats are already there.

John

Re: Polyticks: Bob Butler's Perspective

Post by John »

** 23-Apr-2023 World View: Biden crime family

Thanks to Jim Jordan, James Comer, and
other House Republicans, the walls are
finally closing in on the Biden crime
family, and we may eventually see Joe
Biden, Hunter Biden, and other Biden
family criminals behind bars.

thomasglee

Re: What voting blue gets you...

Post by thomasglee »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:50 am
Guest wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:52 am
Roli wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:43 am
I thought diversity would bring us all together and life would be like a big wonderland...

Even in jail the races are divided.
Vote blue see what it gets ya
Hmm…. S&H seems to indicate that the crisis problems problems will be solved, and that the old concepts rejected. Common sense gun regulation to stop the spree killing? Feminine health care? Jailing criminal presidents? Racial equality in law enforcement? Containment? Collapse by the old guard?

Perhaps that is what voting blue will get you? The Republicans seem to have chosen the wrong side in every crisis issue. It has gotten to be that whenever they do occasionally vote for the benefit of the American people, it gets labeled a bi partisan issue as the Democrats are already there.
You are so clueless, it is truly sad.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Bob Butler

Criminal Families

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:46 am
** 23-Apr-2023 World View: Biden crime family

Thanks to Jim Jordan, James Comer, and other House Republicans, the walls are finally closing in on the Biden crime family, and we may eventually see Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, and other Biden family criminals behind bars.
What say we keep score by how many people associated with the two "crime families" end up in jail? Or would felony convictions be a better measure? You can fantasize, but if you aren't to be considered a joke and your theories laughed at, you have to acknowledge reality.

spottybrowncow

Re: Criminal Families

Post by spottybrowncow »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:04 pm
What say we keep score by how many people associated with the two "crime families" end up in jail? Or would felony convictions be a better measure?
That actually might not have been too bad a measure before we entered the era of political prosecutions, but now, with the Department of Justice and the legal systems in big blue cities fully weaponized, it's doubtless a measure of something, but not what you suggest.

spottybrowncow

Re: What voting blue gets you...

Post by spottybrowncow »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:50 am
Feminine health care?
I know it's nitpicking, but I'd like to encourage you to use more accurate terminology. Instead of "feminine health care," call it what it really is, "feminine janitorial services." After all, its purpose is to dispose of the women's "trash" (their babies).

Bob Butler

Crisis Issues and the Will of the People

Post by Bob Butler »

The problem is that only the Republicans seem to have out and out criminals elected as presidents. The conviction of Trump’s charity and business are based on things he did habitually, long before he became president. Nixon’s efforts pale in comparison. To some degree you might let criminality pass, but I think they have taken it too far. Insurrection. Attempting to influence state officials. Taking documents. Counterfeit electors. You just can’t let all that pass. It is not that political prosecution has increased, but the amount of criminal activity has increased.

And the difference between Nixon’s time and Trump’s is that a bunch of Republicans with integrity confronted Nixon and convinced him to resign, but now the Republicans are defending Trump. It says a lot about why the Republicans went on then, but are collapsing now.

One minor bit of the S&H theory is the supposition that the civic or hero generation gets to decide the shape of the new values. While during the unravelling there might be debate and stalemate, once the civics make up their mind how it is going to be, forget about it. I was always a bit dubious about that until it started happening.

Come Covid, are lives or the economy the more important? Should minorities have equal status under law? Should we practice common sense gun control, checking backgrounds, trying to block those with mental problems from guns, limiting magazine size, etc... Should we enforce the law against criminals in high places. Should women control their own bodies.

To a large degree, well, the civic generation has decided these crisis issues. The conservative movement has tried to stick with the way we have always done things. One of the issues is that no one should come between a woman and her doctor. Says who? Says a whole bunch of women who vote. You can try to pretend that a religious minority has and should have control to use the government to impose their religious dogma on those who do not share it, as long as you acknowledge the civic generation (and others) have made up their mind the other way. Making an obsolete religious doctrine a conservative priority is a big boon for the progressives. You are handing away a bunch of votes. Taking the wrong side of any of the crisis issues discussed in the prior paragraph is the same. If you try to get through a crisis fighting the will of the civics, well, good luck.

And again, I could agree that killing a sentient is ill done. It is just that in the first two trimesters, the collection of cells is not sentient. I have often asked for a reproducible scientific definition of sentient which would yield a different result, but no one apparently can. You may have a religious dogma which suggests something different from the will of the people, but one has to ask so what?

With Putin on the ropes, this leaves us guessing whether Xi and the CCP still believe conflict is a good way to acquire power. I suspect not. It is too easy to block oil from getting to China. One of the few parts of the Chinese economy which Xi has not messed up is the remnants of globalism. If he stops that, what is left? Still, if you are desperate you might also get stupid. I am not certain enough of Xi’s thinking to get too firm that he won’t start anything.

John

Re: Crisis Issues and the Will of the People

Post by John »

** 23-Apr-2023 World View: Criminal presidents

President Clinton committed perjury. He
was also credibly charged by ten or so
women of being a violent criminal
rapist.

Trump was never found guilty of
anything, despite many claims that
turned out to be hoaxes or claims
against his businesses rather than him
personally.

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

Great (although sad) and indisputably true line from Trump just now, while being interviewed by Mark Levin:

"When I was president, the Taliban were terrified of our F16's, they ran away when they heard the engines. Now they own those planes."

John

Post by John »

** 23-Apr-2023 World View: Trump vs Biden
spottybrowncow wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:20 pm

Great (although sad) and indisputably
true line from Trump just now, while
being interviewed by Mark Levin:

"When I was president, the Taliban were
terrified of our F16's, they ran away
when they heard the engines. Now they