Polyticks: Bob Butler's Perspective

An alternate home for the community from the legacy Fourth Turning Forum
spottybrowncow

Re: Polyticks: Bob Butler's Perspective

Post by spottybrowncow »

Bob, I usually hesitate to give unsolicited advice, but I’m going to make an exception in your case. Take a college-level course in logic. You need to learn some fundamentals of rational thinking. You have yet to make a coherent logical argument anywhere on this forum. Admittedly, it may be too late for you.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:20 pm
Bob, I usually hesitate to give unsolicited advice, but I’m going to make an exception in your case. Take a college-level course in logic. You need to learn some fundamentals of rational thinking. You have yet to make a coherent logical argument anywhere on this forum. Admittedly, it may be too late for you.
That’s ironic. In college my major was Electronics Engineering with an informal accent on philosophy. In terms of either practical or abstract logic, I learned enough.

The difficulty is this site is dedicated to advancing xenophobia…. Racism. You identify the opposition, vilify him, and assume the proper response is hatred, opposition and conflict. You wind up dealing with emotion rather than logic. I am oriented more towards solving problems. Well, racism is a problem, Of course there is a conflict.

Now not all conservatives make me emotional in advancing different policies than they prefer. When the population density is low, it is better to be independent, to not try for the specialization and teamwork sought in more populated areas. The problems are far less visible in less populated areas, can seemingly be put off indefinitely. If any party stays dominant too long, they become partisan and corrupt. Taking into consideration of how I am more aware of cycles than most, it becomes easy to see how people get obsessed with one part of the cycle. We can disagree, but I can respect someone else’s position as the best for him.

Ideally, federalism would solve it. Tax minimally for the rural population at the state and federal levels, and leave the urban and suburban areas alone to tax higher for their higher needs. Unfortunately, the federal and state people aren’t into that approach just now. One size fits all. They do the best for their constituency, and ignore the screams of the others.

It is less easy to respect racism and elitism. Xenophobia is just a fancy academic word for racism. You get a bunch of people willing and ready to hate and oppress. Yes, it is easy to get emotional.

Now I don’t think all Trump voters are racist, elitist or both. John tends to quote the 74 million and ignore that 81 million is a larger number. Still, not all the 74 million are likely racist or elitist. The others don’t deserve dislike in my opinion. If you would care to project how many of the 74 million are deplorable, you could adjust the 74 million downward.

But those who invent reasons to hate and oppress need to be dealt with. They represent a problem that needs to be solved, one of the crisis issues that if you follow turning theory are bound to be answered.

And these people who deal with prejudice and oppression don’t handle principles like democracy, equality and human rights well. Any argument based on these things is apt to roll off a racist like water off a duck. Thus, I am the odd guy out here.

Perhaps I should imagine myself as Cassandra, foretelling an oncoming train, but no one is willing to listen. I find other sites that aren’t dedicated to racism much more ready to listen. Here? Well, the train is coming. Watching it hit will be amusing.

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

To cite just one of numerous examples, your suggestion that the KKK endorsing Trump proves he is a racist strongly suggests that you are incapable of logical reasoning, or for some reason are choosing not to pursue it in this forum. Otherwise, you would agree that the KKK endorsing you proves that you are a racist.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:07 pm
To cite just one of numerous examples, your suggestion that the KKK endorsing Trump proves he is a racist strongly suggests that you are incapable of logical reasoning, or for some reason are choosing not to pursue it in this forum. Otherwise, you would agree that the KKK endorsing you proves that you are a racist.
They are a racist organization. They are centered on xenophobia towards the negro. They endorse racists like Trump rather than people who never run for office. That is what xenophobes do.

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

If they endorsed you, would it mean you are a racist?

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:52 pm
If they endorsed you, would it mean you are a racist?
They wouldn't. While they are in a position to endorse people to make them dislike the candidate, they haven''t. They have endorsed Republicans who are actually running for something in racist areas in order to improve the candidates chances. Trump is the typical example. Fortunately, it wasn't enough anymore.

Why answer such an absurd hypothetical? Act like a grown up.

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

“ If they endorsed you, would it mean you are a racist?”

Your refusal to answer the question makes my point perfectly. Your “reasoning” is completely devoid of logic.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:38 am
“ If they endorsed you, would it mean you are a racist?”

Your refusal to answer the question makes my point perfectly. Your “reasoning” is completely devoid of logic.
Name me someone they have endorsed in a blue area for the purpose of hurting his chances? You seem to ignore facts freely. No logic involved, just repeating facts. They endorse Republican candidates advocating racist policies in racist areas. No sense in confusing false endorsements with real ones. They stick with real ones.

Grow up.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

I remember little from the third grade. Prominent was that it was the year Rockland MA put up its second water tower. There has for some time been one, but that year the view from a window was of their putting up the second.

The other major memory was the teacher running a pseudo election exercise. She put up one girl to nominate three people. To be fair, at least one person had to be of a different sex than the nominator. Naturally, she nominated two girls and a boy. Naturally, as the girls vote was split, a boy won.

The winning boy nominated two boys and a girl. The girl won. She nominated two girls and a boy. The boy won.

The lesson the teacher was trying to present was about split votes. Clearly, in this set up, it was wise to nominate two members of the opposite sex, and one of your own. That way your gender would win every time. The opposite gender would always be split. Simple 3rd grade exercise.

The class, likely much to the teacher's chagrin, never figure out the obvious lesson.

The Republican adults? They learned it. In Florida during the 2020 elections, whenever there was a close race, would invent a progressive candidate to split the progressive vote. MSNBC is harping on it, calling it voter fraud, spending just enough money to split the vote, not enough to actually win. Should it be illegal? Or should it just be considered clever?

But I guess that's the difference between the KKK and the Republicans. The KKK will only truly endorse, will spend their political influence on candidates they hope will win. The Republicans are quite happy splitting the other guy's vote. Much easier, cheaper and effective than putting out a message that favors the people.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:40 pm
Americans have been taught to hate their own country. America is "the most corrupt, the most evil, the worse place" on Earth. Why should Americans fight a war to defend it? I refuse to sacrifice my life for a group of people that hate America. I will not fight, even in defense of my homeland. I quit.

I have walked away, and I will never look back.
This seems to be a conservative perspective. At least, those that believe in racism, xenophobia and hate cling to it. Those who are more for democracy, equality and human rights seldom express it. Progress is being made at a decent rate given the irrational hatred of the rural folk.

But if you are in the habit of tribal thinking, of hate, of dividing between us and them and oppressing them, where indeed do you go? To somewhere that directs their xenophobia successfully against one of the same groups you do?