Polyticks: Bob Butler's Perspective

An alternate home for the community from the legacy Fourth Turning Forum
Higgenbotham

Re: Gullible

Post by Higgenbotham »

Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:14 am
The question is how gullible the Republican base has to be. The answer so far is pretty gullible.
John wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:48 pm
You people just make up facts as you go along, and never
apologize when you're proven wrong, but just go on to the next lie.
Almost nothing you say is worth listening to.
John wrote:
So there's been an increase in these incidents because people blame
the virus on the Chinese. But that's not Trump's fault. People blame
the virus on the Chinese because the Chinese are to blame. It's that
simple. People blame the Chinese because the Chinese were responsible
for infecting the world with the virus, while protecting themselves.
John wrote:
The Wuhan Coronavirus was just one of the most recent acts by the
Chinese Communist Party that have provoked anti-Chinese hatred. And
incidentally, it's even worse in Australia.
Bob Butler wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:25 pm
There is absolutely no evidence of the Wuhan Virology Lab being involved. Your tendency for bat-logic without evidence reflects horribly on your supposed judgement.
Now look at who was gullible.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:11 am
Bob Butler wrote:
The question is how gullible the Republican base has to be. The answer so far is pretty gullible.
John wrote:
John wrote:
John wrote:
Bob Butler wrote:
There is absolutely no evidence of the Wuhan Virology Lab being involved. Your tendency for bat-logic without evidence reflects horribly on your supposed judgement.
John? I understand that recently someone in the deep state allegedly did come up with evidence that the Wuhan Lab was involved, but haven't been chasing it. I don't know what evidence allegedly is.

jdcpapa

Post by jdcpapa »

Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:36 am
Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:11 am
Bob Butler wrote:
John wrote:
John wrote:
John wrote:
Bob Butler wrote:
John? I understand that recently someone in the deep state allegedly did come up with evidence that the Wuhan Lab was involved, but haven't been chasing it. I don't know what evidence allegedly is.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64806903

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Yah. This one doesn't seem like anything decisive has appeared. Gullible would be if you believe something has. I'm inclined to believe the jumped from animals theory, but haven't any real evidence for it.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Bob Butler wrote:
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/fau ... -flip-flop

The evidence is slowly coming to light.
Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:36 pm
Yah. This one doesn't seem like anything decisive has appeared. Gullible would be if you believe something has. I'm inclined to believe the jumped from animals theory, but haven't any real evidence for it.
If that theory suits your fancy, this is the place to spout it.

My only reason for bringing it up is the disdain you showed for John 2 years ago in the first quote above isn't aging particularly well. Consistent with that, it's my guess that your Putin, Xi, and Trump collapse theory won't look too good 2 years hence either. In fact, with regard to Trump, recent evidence shows Trump to be more like a Phoenix rising from the ashes than a figure destined for collapse.

Having said that, I feel it is incumbent upon me to acknowledge that many of my predictions have been downright awful in terms of their accuracy. One example out of many:
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sat May 07, 2016 3:10 pm
The news flow is starting to indicate a Trump victory.

If that happens, it is going to panic a lot of people who have spent decades on the dole and who have no feasible means of ever becoming productive again. I believe they will riot. My prediction is Trump is going to roll the militarized equipment and police forces in and put those riots down, 14th century style.
It's too early to call the election but many things appear to be working in Trump's favor at present. As for what happens after the election, if Trump does win, I'll probably be more circumspect this time around.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Bob Butler

Predictions

Post by Bob Butler »

I vaguely recall Trump and the CCP were both getting flack for bad handling of Covid, and were trying to deflect attention away from themselves by placing as much blame as possible on the other. I have a feeling this is involved. While I go a bit towards the animal crossover theory, I have nothing in particular to prove my belief, so I’ll let it go.

I’ve heard a little less about Xi’s problems lately, but Putin and Trump are backed into corners.

Some things are working in Trump’s favor for 2024, other things not, with the various investigators circling but not indicting. I don’t see how he could avoid a seditious conspiracy charge, which could result in his being disqualified from taking any office.

Recently the Georgia legislature gave themselves authority to interfere with DAs they don’t like. I’ve been wondering if they will try to use that to protect Trump. I’m thinking they would only make it a federal case, with Jack Smith taking over, and bypassing Georgia. I could see cases proceeding against all the fake electors, save I think one state explicitly said this was only relevant if the courts reversed the current position that Biden won. (None did.)

We’ll see how it goes.

Bob Butler

Pardon me...

Post by Bob Butler »

A few things have me wondering. Can seditious conspiracy be fully pardoned, allowing someone convicted to hold office again? If a Republican wins the White House, will he be interested in hypothetically freeing Trump from jail and running against him? If Fani Willis gets a conviction or two on state charges in a state with a Republican governor in place, will Kemp just pardon him? Will that exercise just prevent the DoJ from prosecuting the same crime? Will the political kickback for such a thing be significant, as it was when Ford pardoned Nixon? If you don’t want criminals in high places, is this sort of thing a basic flaw in the legal system? Unless you fully neutralize a criminal party, can the criminal party run rampant?

It is very much early to have this as a concern, but I can’t help wondering.

Re: Pardon me...

Post by Guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:27 pm
A few things have me wondering. Can seditious conspiracy be fully pardoned, allowing someone convicted to hold office again? If a Republican wins the White House, will he be interested in hypothetically freeing Trump from jail and running against him? If Fani Willis gets a conviction or two on state charges in a state with a Republican governor in place, will Kemp just pardon him? Will that exercise just prevent the DoJ from prosecuting the same crime? Will the political kickback for such a thing be significant, as it was when Ford pardoned Nixon? If you don’t want criminals in high places, is this sort of thing a basic flaw in the legal system? Unless you fully neutralize a criminal party, can the criminal party run rampant?

It is very much early to have this as a concern, but I can’t help wondering.
Yes.

Tom Mazanec

Re: Polyticks: Bob Butler's Perspective

Post by Tom Mazanec »

BB (or anyone else), what do you think the result of a Crisis War this time around would be? Every Crisis has had a total war, and thanks to progressing technology each has been successively worse. S&H said the next one could end modernity. Do you find that plausible?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Bob Butler

The light option...

Post by Bob Butler »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:20 am
BB (or anyone else), what do you think the result of a Crisis War this time around would be? Every Crisis has had a total war, and thanks to progressing technology each has been successively worse. S&H said the next one could end modernity. Do you find that plausible?
That reminds me of the alleged quote…
Albert Einstein wrote:I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
I find it questionable. I could see that if (when) Putin is about to go down, he chooses one city to indicate he is serious, and nukes it. Biden selects a mostly military target which he warns people to evacuate, and politely asks the Russian people to take care of Putin’s power and end the war. After that, maybe say he will remove the sanctions when Russian troops have withdrawn from the original Ukraine.

But that is one scenario among many.

I also remember that some conservatives thought Bush 43's Middle East wars were crisis wars. They did teach the US the crisis war lesson, don't put boots on the ground. But they clearly didn't teach that lesson to Russia.
Last edited by Bob Butler on Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.