Societal collapse

Read Navigator's book, How To Prepare For The Coming Storms,
for valuable detailed information on what what's coming.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/coming-storms-preparation
Higgenbotham

Re: Boom

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:05 am
Bob Butler wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:24 am
guest wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:31 pm
The liberals are going to perpetuate their destructive liberal agenda to the end---> like someone riding on an atomic bomb all the way to ground zero.
Wasn’t that done in Dr Strangelove?

But it seems more that this site is obsessed with collapse and self destruction, the Democrats with constructive infrastructure building, rights and voting. Self fulfilling prophecies???
Today's Democrats know how to build a mud hut and that's about it. Oh, I forgot. The mud hut would cost 6 figures and need at least 100 "professionals" to design it.
This is the Democrat definition of infrastructure building. Yes, the Democrats are obsessed. With pissing away tax dollars while talking about building infrastructure while not actually doing it. There is evidence of this in the news almost every day.
California Spent More Than $600 Million On Environmental Reviews For High-Speed Rail Line That Isn’t Built Yet

US-INFRASTRUCTURE-POLITICS-ECONOMY

NICK POPE

September 03, 2023

California spent more than $600 million on environmental reviews for a high-speed rail project that has not yet been completed, according to documents obtained and reviewed by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Approximately 78 miles of the 500 mile-long Los Angeles to San Francisco path have not yet received full environmental approval and clearance, a California High-Speed Rail Authority (CHSRA) official told the DCNF, about 15 years after California voters approved $9 billion in bond financing.

“With the amount of regulatory paralysis the project confronts, it’s no surprise that almost nothing has been accomplished in over 15 years since voters approved it,” Edward Ring, senior fellow for the California Policy Center, told the Daily Caller News Foundation.
An initial capital cost estimate for the entire railway projected that it would cost about $33 billion in 2008, according to the 2008 business plan. The Los Angeles to San Francisco segment of the project now is projected to cost about $128 billion, according to ConstructionDive.
https://dailycaller.com/2023/09/03/cali ... S837MRdymg
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

spottybrowncow

Re: Societal collapse

Post by spottybrowncow »

FullMoon wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:08 pm
Puts the 'loo' in lunatic.
Appears to be constitutionally incapable of following a logical argument.
Why the obsession with this forum? Pretty much everyone else comes here looking for and sharing truth.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

From an interview conducted with Jesse Jackson in the spring of 1997.
JACKSON: Well, people who are victims of structural equality do have predictable behavior patterns. People who recycle despair are different than people who recycle hope. People who look forward to a minimal job or subsistence have a different dream cap than those who inherit wealth. And so yeah, there are patterns of behavior in this cycle that are that are painful. If you were in Chicago on a given day, look by the United Center where Michael Jordan plays basketball, and went to the south side, where the White Sox play baseball, or and you went to Cook County Jail to the west, between these three mountains. In every city I visit, I see a new ball new ballpark and a new jail. Your town, there's a new glamour flama jail downtown and a new ballpark or a new Boston Gardens.

Now, between those three institutions used to be International Harvester and Spiegels, and used to be Stockyard Inns, and there was massive urban industry during that time. Do you follow me so far? In those cases, the parents had jobs, created a tax base. The youth had first class education. Now, in the absence of jobs, parents on subsistence, tax base down, schools falling down, and the number one growth industry for our students happen to be jails.
In that cycle, therefore, of joblessness for parents and second class schools and poverty abounding, there are predictable patterns of behavior, because they have they live in dream deficits. They have dream caps. That's why the walls must come down.
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontlin ... ckson.html

Courtesy of NAFTA and Bill Clinton. Of course, Biden supported it and is carrying on the legacy.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

There's one more piece of the particular argument being made by Butler that I think needs comment before I go back to the Dark Age Hovel. It's become very popular of late, and it comes from a lot of different sources, to say that places that have bigger government social safety nets such as the Nordic countries and the blue states have better quality of life outcomes - less income inequality, better health outcomes, etc. While I do believe that is true currently, I think it's important to take into account what will happen when all of the government social safety nets go away. That's one reason I believe that after the welfare state collapses, life expectancy in the blue urban areas will fall lower than that for red rural areas where people are less dependent on government social safety nets and rely more on family, neighbors, religious affiliations, etc., which have been under strain from the giant sucking sound coming from Washington, New York, etc.

UK Guest

Post by UK Guest »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:29 pm
There's one more piece of the particular argument being made by Butler that I think needs comment before I go back to the Dark Age Hovel. It's become very popular of late, and it comes from a lot of different sources, to say that places that have bigger government social safety nets such as the Nordic countries and the blue states have better quality of life outcomes - less income inequality, better health outcomes, etc. While I do believe that is true currently, I think it's important to take into account what will happen when all of the government social safety nets go away. That's one reason I believe that after the welfare state collapses, life expectancy in the blue urban areas will fall lower than that for red rural areas where people are less dependent on government social safety nets and rely more on family, neighbors, religious affiliations, etc., which have been under strain from the giant sucking sound coming from Washington, New York, etc.
The welfare state in the UK has partially collapsed and the fall out is already catastrophic. The UK is now on par economically with Mississippi. The NHS has, for all intents and purposes, collapsed under the weight of selfish 3rd world migrants. (Read about the antics of the Africans and Pakistanis in hospitals.) Life expectancy for native Brits is falling. People now have only six minutes to talk with NHS doctors about their medical problems, and yes, it is strictly timed. Tax is sky rocketing and the standard of living has fallen to near 3rd world levels. Crime has also sky rocketed.

In Norway the national police chief said that ALL RAPES were by 3rd world migrants. Scandinavian medical care has become like the UK. The Scandinavian welfare state is wobbling under the weight of illegals. Norway has oil, it will last longer than the other countries, but it will fall within the decade. And crime ridden Sweden is now 20% third world migrant (at least).

Hygiene poverty is now a serious issue with 72% of British school teachers reporting students showing up to class daily with unlaundered clothes, unwashed, and with teeth that have gone unbrushed. I suppose wallowing in 3rd world poverty makes us all "equal"? The state safety net is gone. The welfare state in Britian is now bust. And we have allowed 3 and half million third world illegals into the UK in the last three years!

The UK is dead. I know people who have sent their children out of the country with one way tickets to anywhere but here.

This is the liberal agenda. Like another person wrote on this board: the liberals are riding their leftist ideological atomic bomb all the way to ground zero.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

My sister was a first grade teacher in Scituate, a well to do coastal town well out from Boston. She had a few black students bussed out of town, and thus got to know a bit about urban culture. From her I learned about Ghetto Culture. For adequate reason, some came to believe that in order to get ahead, one had to become an excellent professional athlete, a drug pusher, or a mother good at working the welfare system. I can sort of believe you would believe it if you believe it. The disconnect was with my experience with the Boston culture from bouncing between Northeastern, MIT, Draper Labs, Wesley and Harvard. That was not Ghetto Culture. If you try to present all blacks, all city dwellers, all Democrats, all liberals as having the same culture, you are being absurdly simplistic.

I will note that the Jesse Jackson speech was at the height of globalism. The rich had convinced the government to ship jobs abroad to improve profits. That would be the opposite of Bidenomics, where he is trying to bring the jobs back and to invest in jobs. Again, you too often hear a simplistic analysis to trash the opposition.

A third element is that as I believe MAGA will get trashed as the 14th Amendment is applied, Higgenbotham is waiting for the ‘welfare state’ to collapse. He sees the rural culture of depending on friends, neighbors and churches as more enduring than urban ways. That depends on population density. You can work the rural system when people are few and far between. In the cities, there are more people, more specialization, and less land. If everyone in a city polluted, you would have a very polluted city indeed. In rural areas, you have enough land to not care as much. The problem is when either culture tries to impose its solutions on the other. Population density just invites working together in a more structured and organized way. This does not imply collapse.

Mind you we still have problems with immigration, drugs and crime… in both places. The solution is not to defund the police.

So I’ll just continue to anticipate Trump will disappear long before cities do. Meanwhile, MAGA will be outvoted. While this is happening, coastal areas will continue to be hit with global warming related disasters. You can add Burning Man to Florida and Maui. This is going to force more immigration, which implies more security problems. The answer is not to pretend ignoring the problem will make it go away.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

BB, everyone tries to impose their values on society, and those values come from their view of Reality. My view of reality is Catholicism, and I try to impose my values through the ballot box, communicating them, etc. while you do the same for your respective views. I am trying to defend preborn people, just as Abolitionists tried to defend Negro people in their time.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

jdcpapa

Re: Choices

Post by jdcpapa »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:30 pm
FullMoon wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:42 am
He has lots of thoughts but in confusion similar to lunacy. He says there's plenty of people who listen to him on other blogs.. and there are plenty of lunatics out there. Confused masses
If you want to get rid of Trump without taking the blame by working against him and earning the wrath of the MAGA voters, you'd quietly root for the 14th. If you are genuinely MAGA and pro Trump, you wouldn't. Either way, there is little that an average voter who lacks 'standing' could do. The silence on the subject is loud.
The silence:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2qEysiJWy ... FIAQ%3D%3D

The shock:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aJzjkeWbx ... b_imp_woyt

Bob Butler

Religious Freedom

Post by Bob Butler »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:39 am
BB, everyone tries to impose their values on society, and those values come from their view of Reality. My view of reality is Catholicism, and I try to impose my values through the ballot box, communicating them, etc. while you do the same for your respective views. I am trying to defend preborn people, just as Abolitionists tried to defend Negro people in their time.
The US used to believe in religious freedom, that religious doctrine should not be forced on those who didn't believe or believed differently. It is as if one forced a woman to cover her hair, or anyone to not eat meat on Friday. Feel free to define sentient in a scientifically repeatable way, and show that a single cell can be sentient. If so, you have a case that is more than religious. Until then, I am not impressed.

Post by guest »

Population density just invites working together in a more structured and organized way. This does not imply collapse.
I think people in San Francisco, LA, and Detroit would disagree.