Societal collapse

Read Navigator's book, How To Prepare For The Coming Storms,
for valuable detailed information on what what's coming.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/coming-storms-preparation
Navigator

Re: Societal collapse

Post by Navigator »

Bitcoin has no underlying support other than it is worth what others are willing to give for it. There is no asset, no government backing, no income stream, nothing. So the only thing that gives it value is the belief (faith) that it is worth something.

IMHO, it is the same thing as the famous tulip mania, except without the tulips.

tim

Post by tim »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:22 pm
Yes, even if the crisis war doesn't take place, the US central authority/Fed power is diminishing day by day with their treatment of the USD and confidence therein. If inflation keeps roaring, and people are also threatened to be kept out of jobs for whatever tyrannical reason, BTC becomes the ultimate freedom play (or other privacy cryptos) - a required asset to have. Many legacy people on this board just don't understand this, and it is a sad phenomenon.
Bitcoin doesn't exist without the internet.

The internet depends on undersea cables that could easily be destroyed by natural or man made forces.

Show me your bitcoin when the grid goes down.

http://isciencemag.co.uk/features/relyi ... -internet/
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

tim wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:31 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Yes, even if the crisis war doesn't take place, the US central authority/Fed power is diminishing day by day with their treatment of the USD and confidence therein. If inflation keeps roaring, and people are also threatened to be kept out of jobs for whatever tyrannical reason, BTC becomes the ultimate freedom play (or other privacy cryptos) - a required asset to have. Many legacy people on this board just don't understand this, and it is a sad phenomenon.

The internet depends on undersea cables that could easily be destroyed by natural or man made forces.

It was a good segue from a serious topic to "Buy Bitcoin to save yourself". Which is of course preposterous. Sure, excess funds not needed for anything else related to preparation can be allocated 5-10%, just like gold silver, and whatever else.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

tim wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:31 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:

Yes it does, in mesh networks and even ham radios. This is known. Let's do our homework.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Back to the topic though, do you all think there is no chance a major crisis doesn't happen? Why can't just decades of degradation occur? Just curious.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:26 pm
Back to the topic though, do you all think there is no chance a major crisis doesn't happen? Why can't just decades of degradation occur? Just curious.
I'd be happy with degradation. And I really hope that is what happens. I'd be happy to look back and see own folly. In fact, I do that now. Some things I got right and others not. I didn't think much of the crisis until last year. Now I just hope for degradation. The alternative is too awful.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

I was watching Raoul Pal speak with Keith McCullough of Hedgeye recently. Hedgeye utilizes Howe as their "demographics" guy, and on their macro conversation, these two sung his praises. What I've noticed when Howe goes on any interview, though, is that he can't really give any real predictions, or is totally loathe to do so. I would guess he deserves some credit for recognizing cycles, but he always seemed to be a tarot card reader or a fortune cookie in that I feel like everything they say is just a generic thing that other reasonably smart (midwit types) people put together to mean more than it really is saying.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Cool Breeze, I wonder if Bill Strauss would have made predictions.
A shame he is no longer here.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

tim

Post by tim »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:02 pm
I was watching Raoul Pal speak with Keith McCullough of Hedgeye recently. Hedgeye utilizes Howe as their "demographics" guy, and on their macro conversation, these two sung his praises. What I've noticed when Howe goes on any interview, though, is that he can't really give any real predictions, or is totally loathe to do so. I would guess he deserves some credit for recognizing cycles, but he always seemed to be a tarot card reader or a fortune cookie in that I feel like everything they say is just a generic thing that other reasonably smart (midwit types) people put together to mean more than it really is saying.
John had once posted how the Fourth Turning website and Strauss and Howe became political and let politics corrupt their theory.

I believe this was around the Obama presidency.
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

Post by Guest »

Society has already collapsed in the most inner cities and it is rapidly spreading to the rest of the country.

I would say look at the footage of the black teens attacking teenage Chinese-American students (most of who were only 14) in what is obviously a racist attack on the trains in Philadelphia, but YouTube has already blocked it or only offers heavily blurred and censored accounts of it.

I have ridden on the city trains of Philadelphia and it was bad then and even worse now. BLM has given lowlifes a license to kill. To kill you.

I see CNN spent 7-8 hours talking about the 45 elderly, adults, and children who were crushed under an SUV in Wisconsin, only to drop it down to less than 10 second bland news bites when they found out the driver was black.

If you don't see Western society collapsing around you now, then you won't recognize what has already happened until you are getting whacked in the head with a machete wielded by someone with a 72 IQ,

Western society is already deep into a breakdown crisis.

Consider this and then plan accordingly.

Or die.