Societal collapse

Read Navigator's book, How To Prepare For The Coming Storms,
for valuable detailed information on what what's coming.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/coming-storms-preparation

Re: Societal collapse

Post by Guest »

If you Google the article above, you can see what is happening across America. I can also confirm that the article is not an exaggeration. Foreign readers might think that this is happening only on the coasts, but no, it's happening in every large urban center in the country.

America has already collapsed. I find it bewildering that so many on the board fail to realize that. If everyone here lived in the Rocky Mountains, maybe I could understand, but some of you live in big cities. I live in a big city and I am from a big city. Both are now war zones.

A friend of my in LA metro owns a house in a "good part of town" and for the last twenty years I have had to listen to him tell me how much it was going up in value. He has been trying to sell his dream home :) in LA since the BLM riots of 2020. No dice. In the small park near his house is a homeless camp with tents and cardboard and wood shacks. The homeless drink, drug, and party all night long, so I don't feel sorry for them! He can't get any sleep. He sent his wife and children to live with his mother out of state because he was afraid for their safety. The police do nothing. There have also been murders in the area in the last few months. Not too mention that taxes in Cali are sky high!

The house is worth well over a million, if he can sell it. The problem is, he can't. He was planning to sell and then retire with the money from the sale (the house is paid off) He has a good job, but he is afraid to stay in LA now. He was planning to quit his job, take a few years off, and then work from home in Idaho or Montana, etc. Now he can't. And he is scared. The real estate agent keeps telling him to lower the price, but he won't be able to retire if he does. No buyers will pay the fair market value (as per the 2019 market). He's screwed.

I wonder who is buying homes in LA?

America is done. STICK A FORK IN IT DONE.

tim

Post by tim »

The cities have decayed but they are still livable. You still have clean water and working utilities. You still have food brought to you from all over the world. You can still drive your car across the country in relative safety, there are no roving gangs of starving violent people who will kill you for your possessions.

I wouldn't worry too much about retirement. The future is going to be so drastically different then the present. Did a Japanese man living in Hiroshima in 1945 worry about his retirement?

The value of something is what its worth to people. I wouldn't move into a million dollar house in Los Angeles if you paid me to. He should cut his losses and run to Idaho.

When the financial crisis begins there will be many people who had plans for retirement to find its gone.

Buy a little land in Idaho with enough timber to build a small log home. If he is that serious about getting out it can be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxM9FYSs8V4

Life in America is going to change whether you want it to or not. You can either make the change now on your terms or wait until you are forced to.
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

tim wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:13 am
The cities have decayed but they are still livable. You still have clean water and working utilities. You still have food brought to you from all over the world. You can still drive your car across the country in relative safety, there are no roving gangs of starving violent people who will kill you for your possessions.

I wouldn't worry too much about retirement. The future is going to be so drastically different then the present. Did a Japanese man living in Hiroshima in 1945 worry about his retirement?

The value of something is what its worth to people. I wouldn't move into a million dollar house in Los Angeles if you paid me to. He should cut his losses and run to Idaho.

When the financial crisis begins there will be many people who had plans for retirement to find its gone.

Buy a little land in Idaho with enough timber to build a small log home. If he is that serious about getting out it can be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxM9FYSs8V4

Life in America is going to change whether you want it to or not. You can either make the change now on your terms or wait until you are forced to.
Tim, do you have any suggestions about locations in Idaho? It's a big state with different terrain. I'm told some areas are changing rapidly for the reasons that so many urbanites move there while bringing the very culture that they sought to escape

tim

Post by tim »

I am not familiar with Idaho you would have to do some work. I would assume Northern Idaho would be best. Check for nuclear reactors and military targets stay away from those.

The area should be an hour from major population centers.

The people should be conservative. When you visit the area you should feel like you have traveled back in time a few decades, this is a good sign.

Look for a place with not many economic opportunities as this keeps the population down. There are still small towns all over America where the good jobs are at the one local factory or whatever.

Most people hate snow and the extra work of snow removal keeps the riff raff out.

survivalblog.com is a great resource.
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

tim wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:50 am
I am not familiar with Idaho you would have to do some work. I would assume Northern Idaho would be best. Check for nuclear reactors and military targets stay away from those.

The people should be conservative. When you visit the area you should feel like you have traveled back in time a few decades, this is a good sign.

Look for a place with not many economic opportunities as this keeps the population down. There are still small towns all over America where the good jobs are at the one local factory or whatever.

Most people hate snow and the extra work of snow removal keeps the riff raff out.

Good answer, especially the weather reference.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:11 am

The house is worth well over a million, if he can sell it. The problem is, he can't. He was planning to sell and then retire with the money from the sale (the house is paid off) He has a good job, but he is afraid to stay in LA now. He was planning to quit his job, take a few years off, and then work from home in Idaho or Montana, etc. Now he can't. And he is scared. The real estate agent keeps telling him to lower the price, but he won't be able to retire if he does. No buyers will pay the fair market value (as per the 2019 market). He's screwed.
The weirdest thing about this is that people didn't see the writing on the wall, or just closed their eyes and hoped. I have come to realize that most are like this and it's something like 90%+, which is sad. Even though obvious collapse hasn't happened, it's quite clear already that if you didn't plan to get out with flexibility or made dumb decisions to buy recently or NOT sell, you are locked in to a shit show.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

tim wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:50 am

You're always an excellent perspective, thank you. The weather reference I hadn't heard before.
I'm surprised you're not familiar with the area. It ticks all the boxes and some. Probably why Navigator chose it as his first recommendation. Sadly the real estate is expensive now, reflecting the migration into the area.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:14 pm
Guest wrote:

The weirdest thing about this is that people didn't see the writing on the wall, or just closed their eyes and hoped. I have come to realize that most are like this and it's something like 90%+, which is sad. Even though obvious collapse hasn't happened, it's quite clear already that if you didn't plan to get out with flexibility or made dumb decisions to buy recently or NOT sell, you are locked in to a shit show.
The idea of getting out with flexibility is concerning me much more now. Transportation won't be easy or safe. We have the handicap of not actually knowing beforehand when it's too late, and flexibility is lost, together with greatly increased danger and difficulty of transportation.

Guest from Tx

Post by Guest from Tx »

FullMoon wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:29 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Guest wrote:

The idea of getting out with flexibility is concerning me much more now. Transportation won't be easy or safe. We have the handicap of not actually knowing beforehand when it's too late, and flexibility is lost, together with greatly increased danger and difficulty of transportation.
Timing will be EVERYTHING. If you have the financial means to escape the cities and prepare a homestead or isolated bunker, you should do it now.

I know people prattle on about community, but if you can hide out in a mountain bunker for a year with your family, you would be better off. 90% of the population will probably be dead after a year. The strong will survive. Last two years, hopefully, government will be rebuilding. I wouldn't want to share a homestead with some of the cut throats on these threads. Someone had to say it.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest from Tx wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:51 am
FullMoon wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:29 am
Cool Breeze wrote:

Timing will be EVERYTHING. If you have the financial means to escape the cities and prepare a homestead or isolated bunker, you should do it now.

I know people prattle on about community, but if you can hide out in a mountain bunker for a year with your family, you would be better off. 90% of the population will probably be dead after a year. The strong will survive. Last two years, hopefully, government will be rebuilding. I wouldn't want to share a homestead with some of the cut throats on these threads. Someone had to say it.
So your take is that it'll be a short-ish time passing period, big picture. That is, a real 6 month period will be HOT and the rest will be gauging how the dust settles. On what basis (or what type of death) are you suggesting that 90% of the population will die? Forgive me but that sounds ridiculous outside of anything but nuclear war.