Steps you can take to improve your odds during nuclear war

Read Navigator's book, How To Prepare For The Coming Storms,
for valuable detailed information on what what's coming.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/coming-storms-preparation
tim

Steps you can take to improve your odds during nuclear war

Post by tim »

I want to make a separate thread to post the information I have collected from various sources.

Most of the work has been done regarding what the average civilian can do to prepare for nuclear war. This work was primarily done by the G.I. Generation who had lived through total war. At one point the United States had an impressive Civil Defense that was prepared for nuclear war but as the generation that saw total war with their own eyes faded away, these institutions have been neglected and are no longer what they once were.

The information is still there if you seek it out. You will have to do this on your own and its almost unnatural as you are going against the cycle. You will feel that researching this subject and spending money on it gives you a weird, paranoid feeling. This is because you are operating outside of the natural 80 year cycle which is pretty much against man's nature.

None of this is my original work, I have just collected obscure and old information that at one point was considered vital by the G.I. Generation.

The first resource is an excellent book that is cheap. This book is designed to be easy to read and kept on your bookshelf until the time comes when you need it.

Nuclear War Survival Skills by Cresson H. Kearny. This book is readily available and cheap. When the war starts you will not be able to depend on your government to protect you. Nobody will be coming to save you. This book covers almost everything - from what foods to store and how much you will need to consume to what to stock for an infant. The book has several fallout shelter ideas that have been proven to protect against radiation. Some of these designs are similar to simple tunnels that saved Japanese lives at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Next, you should keep a good store of Potassium Iodide. This is a cheap and effective way to protect your thyroid from accumulating nuclear radiation. Fallout from an overseas nuclear war may blow to where you live and this simple medication could save you or your family from getting thyroid cancer. You could order decades worth of Potassium Iodide right now for pretty cheap.

Buy a quality Geiger Counter. Whenever a nuclear bomb explodes anywhere in the world depending on the strength and materials, the fallout could be blown into the stratosphere and be brought down by precipitation anywhere in the world. Without a Geiger Counter you are completely defenseless and blind as you cannot see the radiation.

If you thought people panicked and were unprepared by COVID-19, just wait until radioactive fallout is in the air. How many Geiger Counters does your local government have? How many have been calibrated recently? Do you think your local government is prepared to deal with radiation? Once again, due to the nature of the Fourth Turning the preparations made by previous generations are gone. Nobody will be coming to save you.

Learn to use the Geiger Counter and understand how much radiation you can be exposed to and what this means. Its not that complicated and protecting yourself may be as simple as not leaving your house for a couple of weeks.

These are things you can get today and beat the rush. Think of trying to buy toilet paper during the COVID-19 panic. Now imagine that panic spreading to other areas when the war starts.
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

tim

Re: Steps you can take to improve your odds during nuclear war

Post by tim »

If you live in an area where you are on a government water source your drinking water could be contaminated by radioactive fallout. The water could be unsafe to drink.

You can purchase a sand point shallow well pitcher pump kit today and either install a sand point water well on your property now or keep the kit ready for when you need clean water. If you do not own property keep the kit stored away and install it when the time comes wherever you can.

Well water will be critical to sourcing clean drinking water. A pitcher pump can draw from a max depth of 25ft where the water will be safe from radioactive fallout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTfsWWGrlz0
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Which geiger do you guys like/is the best or most cost effective (traditional batteries as energy)?

Thanks. KI is fine and the fda rec, btw, is 130 mg per day until you are less worried about exposure to fill the gland and decrease any probability I-131 can get in there and cause damage.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Thank you Tim. Your input and help is much appreciated. You have good insight and advice. Please keep up the good work

tim

Post by tim »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:02 am
Which geiger do you guys like/is the best or most cost effective (traditional batteries as energy)?

Thanks. KI is fine and the fda rec, btw, is 130 mg per day until you are less worried about exposure to fill the gland and decrease any probability I-131 can get in there and cause damage.
They are expensive so its worth your time to do research. Chose one with positive reviews for reliability and accuracy and that uses common batteries like AA. Do not buy an old collectors item off eBay for less then $100 that hasn't been calibrated or tested in decades. These old models may be useful if you could get them re calibrated I believe there are companies that will do this.

If the unit you choose does not have a dosimeter function buy a quality dosimeter as well. The dosimeter will keep track of the radiation you are exposed to while the Geiger counter tells you the radiation in your environment in real time.

When the time comes there will be a run on Geiger counters. A good comparison will be to the "shortage" of ventilators at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. I'm sure the government will mobilize to mass produce Geiger counters but before then you will be flying blind.

Potassium Iodide can be purchased cheap. I saw 500g of pure Potassium Iodide for about $50. If you do the math that is many years of dosing for one person. Make sure you buy quality KI.

Children will be most susceptible to radiation I would get enough KI for your family for 10 years or so.

tim

Post by tim »

Forget everything you think you know about nukes and nuclear war. Nuclear war is dramatized in movies and entertainment and there was an agenda telling people nuclear war would destroy the Earth, the ozone, etc.

The Effects of Nuclear Weapons by Samuel Glasstone is a great resource on this subject. This book is not light reading but contains everything from where fallout is most likely to land if it circles the globe in the stratosphere to the exact science of nuclear radiation.

Here is a copy to a PDF: https://www.dtra.mil/Portals/61/Documen ... eapons.pdf

At one point this book was restricted and unavailable to civilians. Some readers have said the earlier versions are better as the later revised editions had information removed. No idea if this is accurate, I picked up an old copy for almost nothing from an internet bookstore.

tim

Post by tim »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjqoiT-RS4A

The Forgotten Nuclear War - Bombs on Bikini Atoll | Full Documentary

The Bikini Atoll, a remote location in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, looks like a vacation paradise, but is actually a shining hell. At the beginning of the Cold War, the United States conducted nuclear weapons tests there. Back then, the Americans were much more than just trying out a new weapon technology. The two-part documentary explains the historical background of the forgotten nuclear war and reveals how the bombs continue to have an effect today.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/milita ... ear-waste/

tim

Post by tim »

If your home has a deep well it is worth investing into a Bison Pump. A Bison pump is a hand pump that attaches to your deep well and allows you to pump out water from your deep well by hand. There is no priming and no maintenance, the pump is freeze proof and allows you to still use your deep well submersible pump.

Imagine having a deep water well but no electricity for an extended period of time. The clean water is there but you can't get to it.

http://www.bisonpumps.com/deep-well-hand-pump/
Bison Pumps offers shallow well hand pumps, playground water pump , community water pump and deep well hand pumps which work alongside most electric pumps. Made from potable water approved (NSF61) materials, they can reach depths of 300′ with (4) cylinder sizes ranging from 1 1/2″ – 3″. Bison Pumps may be used to pressurize tanks or to pump uphill.

tim

Post by tim »

When I ask people what they would do when the food stops coming to the grocery stores they always say they will just shoot deer and eat them. First of all, if everybody takes to the woods to live off the animals in a short period of time the animals will be hunted to extinction. During the Great Depression the White Tail Deer was hunted to extinction in parts of the United States.

Now that you have got a deer, what are you going to do to preserve it? There is no electricity you have no freezer. If it is not winter your deer is going to rot. In earlier times people preserved meat by salting, canning, and smoking.

Here is a video of pressure canning deer meat using a rocket stove and wood for heat. A rocket stove is a very efficient way to pressure can using wood heat. You can see how little wood a rocket stove needs to maintain the necessary temperature to pressure can the meat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzRiTCeqVSs

I would imagine if you had enough jars, bands, and lids (there are reusable ones for sale) you could potentially keep yourself fed and be better off then 99% of the population. Deer will eventually be hunted to extinction and you might have to eat raccoons, coyotes, etc.

To get a better idea of what you will be eating should it come to this, study the lifestyle of the local Native Americans who lived in your area.

Post by Guest »

During the Great Depression, my grandfather's family hunted squirrels.