Gear Advice

Read Navigator's book, How To Prepare For The Coming Storms,
for valuable detailed information on what what's coming.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/coming-storms-preparation
FullMoon

Re: Night Vision - ultimate

Post by FullMoon »

tim wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:50 pm
spottybrowncow wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:07 pm
Now I admit this is "over the top," but this is so cool I had to share it. I asked someone who would know about the PVS-14, he said they are good, but this is the current best:

https://tnvc.com/shop/l3harris-bnvd-an-pvs-31a-2376fom/

Only catch is $14K and several month wait.
Amazingly, these (and PVS14) work on a single AA battery, rechargeables cheap and plentiful.
You don't need a bino setup unless you plan on using a vehicle in the dark.

A monocular can be had for around $3000 or so and is more then enough for most applications.
I spent the 3k not because I think the time for it to be a life saving device is coming up soon.
Any advice about rifle scope IR or recommendations?
How about any of gear that would make a big difference when we will really need?

Re: Gear Advice

Post by Guest »

These are nice for stand-alone units - rated up to .308 caliber:

https://tnvc.com/shop/trijicon-electro- ... 640-x-480/

There are other units meant to be used in conjunction with ordinary scopes, such as:

https://www.trijiconoasys.com/product-utcxii.html

From what I can tell, they're perpetually unavailable (at least to ordinary consumers).

tim

Post by tim »

FullMoon wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:18 am
tim wrote:
spottybrowncow wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:07 pm
Now I admit this is "over the top," but this is so cool I had to share it. I asked someone who would know about the PVS-14, he said they are good, but this is the current best:

https://tnvc.com/shop/l3harris-bnvd-an-pvs-31a-2376fom/

Only catch is $14K and several month wait.
Amazingly, these (and PVS14) work on a single AA battery, rechargeables cheap and plentiful.

A monocular can be had for around $3000 or so and is more then enough for most applications.
I spent the 3k not because I think the time for it to be a life saving device is coming up soon.
How about any of gear that would make a big difference when we will really need?
Check out the PAS-29 coti thermal clip on that mounts to the PVS-14. This turns the PVS-14 into a fusion system.

Won't be cheap, but you can still trade in fiat currency for some serious force multiplier technology.

Everything you get should use external replaceable batteries. Invest in multiple solar panels and portable power stations along with rechargeable batteries.

My biggest fear about the future is the guilt that will come with knowing what generational dynamics predicts and not having done enough. Don't spend all this money on gear and then have it turn into an expensive paper weight when the supply chains go down.
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

Post by Guest »

tim wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:52 pm
FullMoon wrote:
tim wrote:

Check out the PAS-29 coti thermal clip on that mounts to the PVS-14. This turns the PVS-14 into a fusion system.

Won't be cheap, but you can still trade in fiat currency for some serious force multiplier technology.

Everything you get should use external replaceable batteries. Invest in multiple solar panels and portable power stations along with rechargeable batteries.

My biggest fear about the future is the guilt that will come with knowing what generational dynamics predicts and not having done enough. Don't spend all this money on gear and then have it turn into an expensive paper weight when the supply chains go down.
And the a paper cut becomes infected after Armageddon, becomes gangrenous, and you die a slow, painful death.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Guest wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:31 am
tim wrote:
FullMoon wrote:

And the a paper cut becomes infected after Armageddon, becomes gangrenous, and you die a slow, painful death.
Haha. A bit of an exaggeration but yeah, taking care of basics is much more than security only.
Location and good neighbors are near the top of my list. Disease, starvation, lack of medical access can't be hidden from. Having a good community that can be able to weather the coming stormsis a big weakness in modern life.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

tim wrote:
FullMoon wrote:
tim wrote:

I have that worry too. And any fancy gear will be hard to learn to use properly when it gets stressful. If you have a recommendation for a seller please let me know.

tim

Post by tim »

FullMoon wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:32 pm
tim wrote:
FullMoon wrote:

I have that worry too. And any fancy gear will be hard to learn to use properly when it gets stressful. If you have a recommendation for a seller please let me know.
They were sold as surplus a few years ago. You're going to have to keep your eyes open and be ready when one comes up for sale. Check ebay and other similiar sites. I would guess the price will be between 3 to 5k.
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:23 pm
These are nice for stand-alone units - rated up to .308 caliber:

https://tnvc.com/shop/trijicon-electro- ... 640-x-480/

There are other units meant to be used in conjunction with ordinary scopes, such as:

https://www.trijiconoasys.com/product-utcxii.html

From what I can tell, they're perpetually unavailable (at least to ordinary consumers).
How about something affordable? Anything that can work at a basic level and be affordable?

Post by Guest »

The proper mindset is more important than kit.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Guest wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:08 am
The proper mindset is more important than kit.
I agree. And getting properly situated with gear is part of that. But it's the operator and not the machine that needs skills.