U.S. Civil War

Read Navigator's book, How To Prepare For The Coming Storms,
for valuable detailed information on what what's coming.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/coming-storms-preparation

Re: U.S. Civil War

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:18 pm
Europe wasn't in the Dark Ages, that's more propaganda - mostly because the west has always been on a different path that hates orthodox christianity, or at least, opposes it. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you both don't know history and are propagandized to the max.

Which was the plan, always.
There is no modern Constantinople, Cool Breeze. There will be no escape from any of this.

Post by guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:18 pm
Europe wasn't in the Dark Ages, that's more propaganda - mostly because the west has always been on a different path that hates orthodox christianity, or at least, opposes it. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you both don't know history and are propagandized to the max.

Which was the plan, always.
Why do you think Easter Orthodox Europe will be better? Those countries are a mess :roll:

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

I don't, but what's the point of materialism if the sickos and antichrists rule over you? At least the Orthodox know what a man and a woman is.

I'd rather work harder for normal and faithful people than bankers and shysters, who do all they can to corrupt and enslave. The next iteration will be more body modification and abuse via tracking and drones or computer systems/surveillance.

Smartphone

Post by Smartphone »

Russia is crushed under corruption and violence. Why have millions of Russians emigrated out of Russia if it is so wonderful? How many Americans or Germans have emigrated to Russia in the last 20 years?

I agree that the West is screwed, but Russia is not the golden alternative you think it is.

I wish there was a place I could escape to.

I used to envy Jews, they had Israel. They could escape the collapsing West. But now Israel is becoming a religious nutter dictatorship. Now the average Jew doesn't have such great options anymore. Israel is about to become a banana republic.

I'm open for any ideas for safe bolt holes.

Post by Guest »

New Zealand is now off the list.

Right

Post by Right »

Please, God, let my country breakup

DT Subscriber

Post by DT Subscriber »

Right wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 12:15 am
Please, God, let my country breakup
From the Daily Telegraph:
The US House of Representatives is in its worst chaos since the Civil War
The House vote that could secure far-right Republican Jim Jordan as speaker could also fracture an already divide GOP.
House Republican Majority Leader Steve Scalise’s decision to step down from his Speaker of the House nomination illustrates the challenge Republicans face.

Scalise won fair and square the old-fashioned way. He got more votes than his opponent, House Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan.

However, in the current narrow House Republican Majority, winning in the conference is only the beginning. You must acquire enough votes to win on the floor of the House as well. Since there are vacancies, it currently takes 217 votes to win the speakership on the floor.

Thus, 217 becomes the key number. If you have 217 or more, you are third in line to be President of the United States – and the only legislative officer named in the U.S. Constitution.

If you have fewer than 217 votes, you have nothing.

The mountain Scalise had to climb was to convince almost half the House Republican Conference that they should vote for him on the floor of the House even though he was not their choice in the Conference.

Apparently, the challenge was too great. With a Republican majority of 222, a mere six defectors could cause Scalise to fall short. (Naturally, Democrats are unlikely to vote for a Republican speaker – regardless of the many crises Congress needs to manage.

While Scalise defeated Jordan 113 to 99, consider that Kevin McCarthy initially defeated Congressman Andy Biggs by 188 to 31. It is also useful to remember that when the eight betrayers joined with the Democrats to fire Speaker McCarthy, he still held 96 percent of the House GOP conference. There were 24 Republican votes for McCarthy for each member of the destructive anti-McCarthy cabal.

We watched this process in January, when it took 15 ballots to elect McCarthy Speaker of the House. This was a long agonizing process with every vote carried live on C-SPAN (My wife Callista and I, as veterans of the House and friends of McCarthy, watched every minute).

McCarthy’s 15-ballot endurance run was far from the record. In 1856, it took two months and 133 ballots to finally pick a speaker.

Of course, in the 1850s, the political system was in chaos. The fight between slavery and abolition was tearing the traditional parties apart. The Whigs were collapsing under the weight of the slavery issue (President Abraham Lincoln had spent his entire political career as a Whig until the emerging Republican Party became a more effective vehicle for his values and ambition.) There was a brief flourish of a Know Nothing Party, which opposed immigrants and African Americans. It rose and fell with great rapidity. The dominant Democrat Party split into a Northern wing opposed to the expansion of slavery – but not in favor of abolition – and a Southern wing deeply devoted to sustaining and protecting slavery as an institution and way of life.

It was in the context of this political turmoil that the decaying political parties found it impossible to impose discipline. In the middle of the tension and anger, they found it hard to find an acceptable speaker. Nathaniel Banks, a Democrat-turned-Republican because of his abolitionist views, finally won after an exhausting bruising two-month battle.

Given the pressures of television, social media, the wars in Israel and Ukraine, we are unlikely to have a marathon on the scale of 1856. But we may be facing a process that could run longer than the January McCarthy saga.

Part of the challenge in trying to unify the House GOP is structural. Part is driven by a huge tidal change in American politics. And part is the rise of a social media and television system of maximizing the rewards for being noisy, negative, and conflict-seeking.

There are huge differences in the makeup of American congressional districts. Deeply conservative members tend to come from Republican districts in which their bases want conflict, attacks against the left, and an all-out fight to control spending and the border. They also demand the impeachment of President Joe Biden. These members have no electoral incentive to move to the center or compromise.

However, there are 18 members who come from districts Joe Biden carried in 2020, and another 30 or so members who psychologically reflect a more moderate approach. These members find themselves under the exact opposite pressure than their more conservative colleagues. The people they were elected to represent want bipartisanship, pragmatism, and problem-solving.

This is the cause of the chaos you are seeing in the U.S. House. The vast difference in electoral pressures makes it extraordinarily challenging to bring together a majority coalition.

There is also an enormous shift underway in public opinion and party identification. The Democrat Party’s dramatic shift to a deeply leftwing, pro-transsexual, anti-white, and anti-Semitic ideology is a driving factor. The participation of “the squad” in pro-Hamas rallies is a symptom of this new pro-Palestinian, anti-Israel bias. The fact that 12 Democrat state legislators walked out of the North Carolina State House in protest of a resolution pledging support to Israel is another example.

As the national Democrats have grown more radical, their more moderate state and local members, such as the African American mayor of Dallas, Texas, have begun switching to the Republican Party.

The GOP is becoming the party of working Americans of all ethnic backgrounds. The Democrats have become the party of highly educated elites. This is an almost complete reversal of the governing coalition President Franklin Delano Roosevelt put together in the 1930s.

As President Donald Trump has emerged as the anti-left champion of working Americans, the old pre-Ronald Reagan Republicans have recoiled in horror. The tension between the always Trump and never Trump wings of the party is one of the tensions making it hard to have a stable speakership.

Finally, when you only have a five-seat majority, it only takes a handful of angry, media savvy, internet focused mavericks to make governing almost impossible. If you are willing to be noisy, combative, self-righteous, and attention-seeking enough, you can raise a lot of money from people across the country who hate the current Washington establishment and just want to have champions who fight. This puts a premium for some members on fighting and disrupting rather than building and achieving.

With Majority Leader Scalise’s departure, the potential speaker has a big mountain to climb to find 217 votes.

If no one can, all bets are off – and I have no idea who can put the GOP back together.

Newt Gingrich was a member of the US House of Representatives for 20 years and served as its 50th Speaker

Post by guest »

Large portion of Americans doubt democracy and view violence as acceptable, poll finds

A large portion of Americans on both sides of the aisle favor getting rid of democracy and imposing violence on their political opponents, among other authoritarian measures, according to a new poll.

Thirty-one percent of Donald Trump supporters and 24% of President Joe Biden supporters said democracy is “no longer viable” and an alternative system should be tried, according to an October poll from the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics.

The poll surveyed 2,008 registered voters from Aug. 25 to Sept. 11 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.2 percentage points.

Other key findings:

When asked whether it is acceptable to employ violence to stop political opponents from attaining their goals, 41% of Biden supporters and 38% of Trump supporters said yes.

30% of Trump supporters and 25% of Biden supporters said elections should be suspended in times of crisis.

41% of Trump supporters and 30% of Biden supporters said they favor either conservative or liberal states seceding from the union.

Nearly half of Biden supporters, 47%, and 35% of Trump supporters said the government should restrict the expression of views “considered discriminatory or offensive.”

The polling comes as Trump, the leading contender for the GOP nomination, continues to claim without evidence that the 2020 election was rigged against him.

The results, which signal a desire for an authoritarian crackdown, come at a time when public trust in government is at a near-record low, according to the Pew Research Center. In a 2023 poll, only 16% of Americans said they trusted the government to do what is right at least most of the time.

The poll reveals “really troubling findings about democracy and the potential for violence,” Rick Hasen, the director of UCLA’s Safeguarding Democracy Project, said on X.

Do people in US support Ukraine aid? Polls find divide as funding remains in jeopardy

Hunter Biden’s gun charges may be unconstitutional, lawyer says. What’s he accused of?

How many in US have been threatened with a gun? Poll finds alarmingly high number

Dickie doo

Post by Dickie doo »

Smartphone wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:24 pm
Russia is crushed under corruption and violence. Why have millions of Russians emigrated out of Russia if it is so wonderful? How many Americans or Germans have emigrated to Russia in the last 20 years?

I agree that the West is screwed, but Russia is not the golden alternative you think it is.

I used to envy Jews, they had Israel. They could escape the collapsing West. But now Israel is becoming a religious nutter dictatorship. Now the average Jew doesn't have such great options anymore. Israel is about to become a banana republic.

There is no place to escape to. Time to tribe up. Stand and fight. If not for yourself, them for future generations….

Post by Guest »

Dickie doo wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:13 pm
Smartphone wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:24 pm

There is no place to escape to. Time to tribe up. Stand and fight. If not for yourself, them for future generations….
THIS.