Religion / Theology

Topics related to theology.
Tom Mazanec

Re: Religion / Theology

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Just got around to reading the USA Today article on the report.
Says it only goes up to 2003, so nothing for the last 20 years.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Post by Guest »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:55 pm
The AP report includes more recent reports.
Officials said he coached wrestling at a Catholic high school in the ’70s, then returned to the role for the 2014-2015 school year. The alleged abuse occurred in 2013 and 2014 but the victim was not a student of the school, officials said.
Why not read that one?
This is the how and why that the sexual abuse of children has been allowed (and still is allowed) to go on in the Roman Catholic church. Most in the Catholic church see what they want to see.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and to those in the tombs, (He) bestows life!!!

Zoomer go Brr

Post by Zoomer go Brr »

Guest wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:42 pm
Tom Mazanec wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:55 pm
The AP report includes more recent reports.
Officials said he coached wrestling at a Catholic high school in the ’70s, then returned to the role for the 2014-2015 school year. The alleged abuse occurred in 2013 and 2014 but the victim was not a student of the school, officials said.
Why not read that one?
This is the how and why that the sexual abuse of children has been allowed (and still is allowed) to go on in the Roman Catholic church. Most in the Catholic church see what they want to see.
Do you support public schooling in the US? If so, why? Because that is where the highest rate of child sexual abuse takes place.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Institutional capture, indeed.

Others here think that's "generational dynamics."

America is "great" but promotes trannies and gays all over the world, and the current president and military do too. Along with the corporations that they are friends with, and loan/print money for.

But Russia BAD

Re: The Postmortal Spirit World

Post by guest »

Navigator wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:40 pm
The suffering can last a long-long time for those that must pay the price for their own sins (for example, think what Hitler is going to go through), but it will have an eventual end. Yet, even such mortals will be resurrected and have an eternal existence, though their eternal reward would be rather small (especially in comparison to what it could have been had they made different choices). I will start to get into this in my next postings.
The White Horse prophecy seems to be unfolding right now.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

We are certainly approaching the end times. It will, I believe, be very bad, but not all that long (probably less than a decade).

Post by Guest »

Navigator wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:01 pm
We are certainly approaching the end times. It will, I believe, be very bad, but not all that long (probably less than a decade).
God, the White Horse prophecy, and the US constitution are exactly what we need.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

God and the Constitution for sure.

I think the "White Horse Prophecy" is bunk. My opinion regarding it is similar to that of Joseph F. Smith.

Quote:
The ridiculous story about the "red horse," and "the black horse," and "the white horse," and a lot of trash that has been circulated about and printed and sent around as a great revelation given by the Prophet Joseph Smith, is a matter that was gotten up, I understand, some ten years after the death of the Prophet Joseph Smith, by two of our brethren who put together some broken sentences from the Prophet that they may have heard from time to time, and formulated this so-called revelation out of it, and it was never spoken by the prophet in the manner in which they have put it forth. It is simply false; that is all there is to it.

Post by Guest »

Navigator wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:53 am
God and the Constitution for sure.

I think the "White Horse Prophecy" is bunk. My opinion regarding it is similar to that of Joseph F. Smith.

Quote:
The ridiculous story about the "red horse," and "the black horse," and "the white horse," and a lot of trash that has been circulated about and printed and sent around as a great revelation given by the Prophet Joseph Smith, is a matter that was gotten up, I understand, some ten years after the death of the Prophet Joseph Smith, by two of our brethren who put together some broken sentences from the Prophet that they may have heard from time to time, and formulated this so-called revelation out of it, and it was never spoken by the prophet in the manner in which they have put it forth. It is simply false; that is all there is to it.
It seems the White Horse prophecy rings true regardless.