Religion / Theology

Topics related to theology.
Tom Mazanec

Re: Religion / Theology

Post by Tom Mazanec »

I also view Abortion (save in the cases of rape and incest) as murder.
It is murder even then, Navigator. You cannot tell by looking at a newborn which had a criminal father. Two wrongs do not make a right.

The only pregnancy termination I (reluctantly) would accept is to save the mother's life. And not "psychological", but cases like ectopic pregnancy.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Navigator wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:11 am
tim wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:30 pm
I was raised Christian but wasn't that serious about it and mostly went along with my parents.

Generational Theory has led me to Christianity. If we truly lived according to the Bible the generational cycle would stop.
As we get further and further from Christ's teachings as a society, things get worse and worse.

The leftists say "a woman gets to chose what to do with her body". In a way I agree. But the choice is made when you decide to have sex. Sex, the power of procreation, is something that God wants us to be very careful about. It is meant for the creation of families, and, by commandment, is meant to be only between a man and wife.

Sex is not just some recreational activity. Immorality leads to all kinds of pain, hardship and difficulties. The worst of which is probably the damage it does to the family, the bedrock of any society/civilization itself.
Good points, Navi. Well stated.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:44 am
It is murder even then, Navigator. You cannot tell by looking at a newborn which had a criminal father. Two wrongs do not make a right.

The only pregnancy termination I (reluctantly) would accept is to save the mother's life. And not "psychological", but cases like ectopic pregnancy.
I do not view rape/incest as the woman having exercised any consent or choice on her part.

I do agree that a pregnancy that endangers the physical life of the mother is a case where abortion is a viable option.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

I do not view rape/incest as the woman having exercised any consent or choice on her part.
That is irrelevant to the humanity of the baby, and that it's abortion is murder.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

It's not a topic worth debating anymore, due to the fact that the moloch lovers have won and eventually they will be judged, as we all will, according to our works. Abortion is really about the 99.9%+ elective abortions, not the .1% random ethical dilemmas. Anyone treating it that way has already ceded victory to the enemies of life, because the point has already been obfuscated.

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:55 am
That is irrelevant to the humanity of the baby, and that it's abortion is murder.
It's sobering to admit, but Tom is correct. A child, even if a product of rape or incest, is wholly innocent, and not deserving of death. And as long as we're talking about hard things to accept, birth control pills act as abortifacients a lot of the time.

At least the Catholic "rhythm method" and "separate bedrooms when family complete" had a degree of ideological purity.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Please do not think that I am advocating abortion in all such cases. I just believe that it is a viable alternative to consider in such cases.

First off, as someone else already pointed out, maybe 1/100000 abortion cases is what we are talking about here.

Second, I do agree that the child is actually blameless.

But, I do not think that a 12 year old should be compelled to carry a child to term after they are the victim of incest. Or that someone should go through unimaginable psychological trauma dealing with the PTSD effects of rape.

Again, these are very rare (compared to the common frequency of current abortion) grey area cases.

Navigator

What happens when we Die

Post by Navigator »

Physical death is the separation of the spirit from the body. Meaning that when we die, our spirit separates from our mortal body.

So the question is what happens to the post-mortal spirit.

I believe that our judge, Christ himself, will greet us and let us know how we have done in mortal life. This is a precursor to the actual “final judgement”, but I don’t believe we will be left wondering how it has gone for us.

I believe that prior to the “final Judgement” (about which I will eventually write) that the spirits of mortals remain here on earth. They are able to see what is going on with their loved ones, as well as with mankind as a whole.

I believe that they can interact with each other as individuals. This means that they can be with friends and family, as well as meet ancestors and anyone else who has ever lived. I believe that they can go wherever they want whenever they want to.

I also believe that under various extraordinary circumstances, they are also allowed to influence those who are alive in the mortal realm.
I do not believe that they would yet have their full memory of premortal existence restored, as this is probably tied to the “final judgement”.

I believe that all things are created spiritually before they are created physically. This, to me, means that all things, including the earth itself, have a spirit component. To be specific about this in one area, it means that animals also have spirits. Yet, unlike mankind, they never had an understanding of the difference between right and wrong, and therefore cannot sin.

jdcpapa

Post by jdcpapa »

Journey of Souls-part 1 by Michael Newton, PHD:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9YJiYEiGg3c

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Continuing my explanation of beliefs regarding existence immediately after death:

After death, righteous spirits rest from earthly care and sorrow. They fully enjoy the benefits of the situation I previously described.

Yet many died without the opportunity to hear of Christ and his gospel, nor had the opportunity to accept it. These spirits, along with the unrighteous, initially enter what Peter referred to as “spirit prison”

1 Peter 3:18–20:
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

In the spirit prison are the spirits of those who have not yet received the gospel of Jesus Christ. These spirits still have the ability to exercise their free agency and may be enticed by both good and evil. If they accept the gospel, they may leave the spirit prison and dwell in paradise.

As spirits, the righteous and the wicked are separated, but may progress as they learn gospel principles and live in accordance with them. The spirits in paradise can teach the spirits in prison.

The unrighteous suffer in a CONDITION known as hell. They elected, through their own choices, to remove themselves from the mercy of Jesus Christ. Because they chose not to repent; they must suffer for their sins themselves. For some this will take quite a while, as they must endure all of the suffering they inflicted on others, as well as themselves. They will also never be allowed to return to the presence of their Heavenly Father. This permanent separation being “spiritual death”.