Religion / Theology

Topics related to theology.

Re: Religion / Theology

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:05 pm
Creating is one of the holy attributes of God. Men, being made in the image of God, were given this attribute to participate in his glory.
Prophet Muhammad said Allah created Adam in His image. Creating Adam in God’s image refers to the fact that they both share some attributes. However, these attributes are not identical. Allah (SWT) has attributes that befit His Majesty and Might, and humans have attributes that befit them. None of the attributes of Allah can be likened to the attributes of any created beings.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

The Islamic prophet is, let's just say, an interesting case of a person of a religion that is of this world.

Since God is our Father, of course they can be likened. We see this in Jesus Christ, who is human and the image of the father, and also has his likeness, as perfect God and Man, the theanthropos. Since Islam does not understand this, it will never understand God and what He is doing - similar to the rabbinical jews rejecting the Messiah.

My statement from the prior post stands on its own because it is true (and self evident); no other reason is necessary. It is not an opinion, because it is known by every human being that is in the world and shares in His image, which we all do, regardless of what we do to destroy it (which is what the evil one wants us to do, because he is a prideful loser who knows he is going to torment in the Lake of Fire, which also he knows).

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:56 pm
My statement from the prior post stands on its own because it is true (and self evident); no other reason is necessary.
Allah is the Supreme Creator. When He wills or intends something, He simply says “Be” and then it becomes. Allah says in the Quran (interpretation of the meaning): Verily, His command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, “Be!”– and it is!) [Surah Yasin:82)

No human can instantaneously create by command; only Allah the Almighty, the Supreme Creator can. For Humans, all humans, it takes long, slow, tedious, and laborious effort.

John

Post by John »

Please restrain yourselves, you two.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:05 pm
In a Religion / Theology thread? I doubt even the Supreme Creator could command restraint. ;)

jdcpapa

Post by jdcpapa »

I am the Lord, there is no other. I form the light, and create the darkness, I make well-being and create woe, I the Lord, do all these things.~Isaiah 45-7

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

John wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:05 pm
Ok.

Navigator

Why does Anything Exist

Post by Navigator »

John wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:20 pm

You haven't addressed the most basic question of all:

Why is there anything?
The current popular theory concerning existence is the "Big Bang". In this theory, everything comes from nothing. And eventually, everything returns to nothing.

I don't believe in this. Rather, I believe that matter and intelligence have always existed, and thus are eternal in nature.

How matter and intelligence were organized is something that Heavenly Father understands and has the power to accomplish.

I think that our understanding of Physics is roughly at the same level as our understanding of electricity in the time of Ben Franklin. We know something is going on, but we have only a very very basic idea, and do not understand the underlying principles.

As time goes on, more and more problems have been uncovered with the Big Bang Theory. More and more radical "adjustments" have to be made to it for it to continue to stand up. In the end, as we understand more, I believe it will be discarded, just as countless other previously popular theories have been.

tim

Post by tim »

I was raised Christian but wasn't that serious about it and mostly went along with my parents.

Generational Theory has led me to Christianity. If we truly lived according to the Bible the generational cycle would stop.

The Fourth Generation corresponds with the Fourth Turning.

Exodus 20:5 specifically:
20 Then God spoke all these words, saying,

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of [a]slavery.

3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself [c]an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath, or in the water under the earth. 5 You shall not worship them nor serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, inflicting the [d]punishment of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing [e]favor to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

tim wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:30 pm
I was raised Christian but wasn't that serious about it and mostly went along with my parents.

Generational Theory has led me to Christianity. If we truly lived according to the Bible the generational cycle would stop.
As we get further and further from Christ's teachings as a society, things get worse and worse.

I also view Abortion (save in the cases of rape and incest) as murder.

The leftists say "a woman gets to chose what to do with her body". In a way I agree. But the choice is made when you decide to have sex. Sex, the power of procreation, is something that God wants us to be very careful about. It is meant for the creation of families, and, by commandment, is meant to be only between a man and wife.

Sex is not just some recreational activity. Immorality leads to all kinds of pain, hardship and difficulties. The worst of which is probably the damage it does to the family, the bedrock of any society/civilization itself.