Religion / End Times

Topics related to theology.
Cool Breeze

Re: Religion / End Times

Post by Cool Breeze »

Navigator wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:59 pm
By "abandoning God/Christ" I don't just mean not attending church or saying/acting as if you have no faith.

I mean, much more importantly, breaking the commandments. Abortion is at or near the top of the list. Second is immorality. Its rampant. It is among the most important, and the breaking of this commandment has brought upon the unrepentant the most severe punishments in the past.

Immoralities major impact is damage / destruction to the family, which is the backbone of any society.

Then there is the loss of honesty and civility in society as a whole. As we all know, nice people who treat each other properly are harder and harder to find.
Again, you are correct and accurate in your analysis regarding these topics.

Navigator

War Prophecy

Post by Navigator »

The following prophetic revelation was recorded in 1832. This is from the scripture "Doctrine and Covenants" used in the Church of Jesus Christ.

From Section 87:

1 Verily, thus saith the Lord concerning the wars that will shortly come to pass, beginning at the rebellion of South Carolina, which will eventually terminate in the death and misery of many souls;

2 And the time will come that war will be poured out upon all nations, beginning at this place.

3 For behold, the Southern States shall be divided against the Northern States, and the Southern States will call on other nations, even the nation of Great Britain, as it is called, and they shall also call upon other nations, in order to defend themselves against other nations; and then war shall be poured out upon all nations.

4 And it shall come to pass, after many days, slaves shall rise up against their masters, who shall be marshaled and disciplined for war.

5 And it shall come to pass also that the remnants who are left of the land will marshal themselves, and shall become exceedingly angry, and shall vex the Gentiles with a sore vexation.

6 And thus, with the sword and by bloodshed the inhabitants of the earth shall mourn; and with famine, and plague, and earthquake, and the thunder of heaven, and the fierce and vivid lightning also, shall the inhabitants of the earth be made to feel the wrath, and indignation, and chastening hand of an Almighty God, until the consumption decreed hath made a full fend of all nations;

It must be pointed out that the American Civil War is the start of what military historians regard as "Total War". Prior to 1860 (with some exceptions of course), war was between Soldiers, while the population was usually left out of it. In the US Civil War and later major wars (and minor), the enemy civilian population was seen as a target almost as much so as the enemy army.

Here the Lord is pretty specific about what can be expected in the "End Times"

Navigator

"Preparatory" Wars

Post by Navigator »

In my interpretation of the “end times” there is initially a period of what I would call “Preparatory Wars”. These are large wars whose end result is an increase of personal freedom in the affected area.

The first such war was the US Civil War, which ended slavery. (Yes, I know that it took quite a while to finally fully realize those personal freedoms, but the Civil War was the necessary starting point).

World War One was also a Preparatory War for Europe, in that it resulted in the demise of the absolute monarchies, who, for example, through state supported churches, prevented religious freedom (being a non-Catholic in the Habsburg empire [Austria-Hungary] was extremely difficult).

World War Two was another Preparatory War. In Europe the end result was the return of the Jews to Israel and the creation of the new Israeli state, which was a necessary part of the timeline for Christ’s return. In Asia the end result was similar to Europe in that some areas, namely Japan and South Korea ended up with religious freedom of choice.

I view the upcoming World War as another Preparatory War in that it will open up China, Central Asia, and even the Middle East to Freedom of Religion.

I believe that this is important in that people must have the freedom to choose whether or not they will accept Christ in the short period of peace that will precede the war described by Isaiah. This last war, with the forces of evil led by the Anti-Christ, will not be a Preparatory War, but rather a war of “Final Destruction”, in which the world will suffer widespread and catastrophic/cataclysmic destruction.

So I see the upcoming war as one that will spread across almost the entire earth, as dictatorships are brought down, so that people will have the freedom to hear of other beliefs, and to chose to follow Christ and those preparing the way for his return, or to reject that.

To that end, I specifically see the coming war as ending the rule of despots like Putin and his former Soviet Republic dictators, the CCP in China, the Kims in N Korea, the Ayatollah’s in Iran, Erdogan in Turkey, the communists in Cuba, Maduro in Venezuela, and so on. As WW 1 was seen (at the time) as the “war to end all wars”, WW 3 will be seen by its freedom loving participants as the “war to end dictatorships”.

The peace will only last a handful of years, then the Anti-Christ, someone along the lines of Hitler/Stalin/Mao will then appear. He will use nukes all over the place and will destroy vast swaths of the earth (along with Billions of its inhabitants). Only Christ’s return will result in his destruction and the saving of earth/mankind.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Navigator, how will WWIII compare to WWII previously and to WWIV after in terms of casualties, damage, etc.?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

I would expect around 500M for WW3 (though I would say close to 1B is not out of bounds). This would include from starvation due to disruptions in agriculture and food distribution.

WW4 is basically the leadup to and includes Armageddon. It is the destruction of most of human life.

See the Isaiah commentary I have mentioned quite a number of times. At a minimum, look at Chapters 2-14, 29, 48-52, and 54.

http://www.isaiahexplained.com/2#commentary

Post by Guest »

Navigator wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:11 pm
I would expect around 500M for WW3 (though I would say close to 1B is not out of bounds). This would include from starvation due to disruptions in agriculture and food distribution.

WW4 is basically the leadup to and includes Armageddon. It is the destruction of most of human life.

See the Isaiah commentary I have mentioned quite a number of times. At a minimum, look at Chapters 2-14, 29, 48-52, and 54.

Only one billion dead is low.

Africa, India, Pakistan, and Central America will starve to death.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:40 pm
Navigator wrote:

The design/desire is to make the next war attribute to 50% population reduction. They've tried a lot of things that haven't been successful, thank God, though.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Navigator wrote:
I would expect around 500M for WW3
So your take is that it will be far more than a limited nuclear strike between two countries?

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:49 pm
Navigator wrote:
So your take is that it will be far more than a limited nuclear strike between two countries?
Guest wrote:

As "Guest" points out, starvation would probably be the main killer. War will disrupt normal supply/distribution of food.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Navigator wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:50 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:49 pm
Navigator wrote:
Guest wrote:

As "Guest" points out, starvation would probably be the main killer. War will disrupt normal supply/distribution of food.
Do you find it bizarre that europeans get blamed for so much but are in fact the reason why Africa and so many others have increased in population over the late 20th century til now? And when the hated white male is balkanized and persecuted more, the starvation comes?