Topics related to theology.
Another guest

Re: Liars

Post by Another guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:50 am
Tom Mazanec wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:53 am
John, I have had disagreements with you re:inflation, but I have never called you a liar, as BB has repeatedly called me. At some point you just have to stop casting your pearls before swine, but that does not mean you stop giving your pearls to people.
Both you and John will at times present your worldview as fact when objectively and scientifically it is not. This is understandable. It is not how one should reach understandings, insisting on falsehoods.
Butler is insane. There. I've said it.

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:50 am
objectively and scientifically
You, of all people, are completely unqualified to use either of these words.
You should do stand-up.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Another guest wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:55 am
Butler is insane. There. I've said it.
The governments runs two types of institutions, insane asylums and prisons. Both contain people who can’t function acceptably in the real world. I can see a bad cop, a spree killer, or an insurrectionist ending up in prison. I can’t see anyone here being sent to either type of institution. Is anyone having that much trouble integrating with society? I suspect not.

But we do have intensely conflicting worldviews. John, Tom and I would be conservative, Catholic and progressive respectively, and I suspect others could come up with several more. We are those things firmly and stubbornly. I think everyone here is apt to be firmly and stubbornly something.

This does not make us criminal or insane. It does make some of us unable to understand other points of view, or at least admit it. I don’t see the point of admitting this?
Last edited by Bob Butler on Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Abortion

Post by Guest »

an insurrectionist ending up in prison
And that is what the leftist gov't will call all of its enemies...

Bob Butler

Insurrection?

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:03 pm
Source? Sure, you can make up claims off the top of your head, but can you specify when it has happened? There have been lots of leftist administrations over the years. Can you tag them all as using the insurrectionist label? Lincoln's time sure, but there was no doubt of a violent attack on the government. Nixon was criminal, but there was no insurrection. The major parties have called each other a lot of unfavorable things, but those that work best have truth behind them. Trump's was the first insurrection since the Civil War.

Re: Insurrection?

Post by Guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:19 pm
Guest wrote:
Source? Sure, you can make up claims off the top of your head, but can you specify when it has happened?
The Biden administration.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:53 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Guest wrote:

Source? Sure, you can make up claims off the top of your head, but can you specify when it has happened?
As I said, that was truthful. Trump on January 6 2021 actually did hold an insurrection. Where have you been? Most people are aware of this.

Post by Guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:37 am
Guest wrote:
Bob Butler wrote:

As I said, that was truthful. Trump on January 6 2021 actually did hold an insurrection. Where have you been? Most people are aware of this.
And Biden is using that minor event to cast a very wide net.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:22 am
Bob Butler wrote:
Guest wrote:

Less Biden than the January 6 Committee, Garland and Smith. No so wide, only the insurrectionists, the Trump administration and the congressmen. The Supreme Court doesn't seem to be in on that one. And that is just one administration. Most administrations call other names, more truthful.

If you like, you could join John and Tom as liars.

jdcpapa

Post by jdcpapa »

Bob Butler wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:48 am
Guest wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:22 am
Bob Butler wrote:

Less Biden than the January 6 Committee, Garland and Smith. No so wide, only the insurrectionists, the Trump administration and the congressmen. The Supreme Court doesn't seem to be in on that one. And that is just one administration. Most administrations call other names, more truthful.

If you like, you could join John and Tom as liars.
I perused the list contained in this article. The individuals listed pled guilty to lesser charges:
https://www.insider.com/capitol-rioters ... ist-2021-5
Has anyone been charged and convicted of insurrection?
Last edited by jdcpapa on Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.