Post by FullMoon »

Guest wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:41 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:05 pm
Guest wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:24 am

Rebuild as what, Mexico?
If things are as bad as so many of the hysterics on this site indicate, anything is possible. I don't see it, but one thing I agree with at least is that I don't see the "USA" existing in some fashion similar to what people think of it now or historically.
How do you see it?
He's holding on to his Bitcoin hoping to be a rich guy with a massive destitute population. Youthful naivity hasn't sufficient perspective for what this and all crisis really are.
We're endgame now. Peak crisis is on our doorstep. Howe has described pretty well what we should expect.

aeden

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Post by aeden »

Good view into the next probable decade cascading zone effects and His also new book is out.

#URGENT 48 die in clashes between police and anti-UN protesters in Democratic Republic of Congo 8:45 AM · Aug 31, 2023

CAR region cascading failures will take some time to see what survives to the other side.
watch the 10 year and 2 years bonds. We bought open bid short dated tbills for now.
We only forwarded survive September to be polite.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

FullMoon wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:53 pm
Guest wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:41 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:05 pm

If things are as bad as so many of the hysterics on this site indicate, anything is possible. I don't see it, but one thing I agree with at least is that I don't see the "USA" existing in some fashion similar to what people think of it now or historically.
How do you see it?
He's holding on to his Bitcoin hoping to be a rich guy with a massive destitute population. Youthful naivity hasn't sufficient perspective for what this and all crisis really are.
We're endgame now. Peak crisis is on our doorstep. Howe has described pretty well what we should expect.
Yes, that's been his dream for years and he even comes into this dingy and dank Dark Age Hovel to spout about it here. It just has to be "bad enough" for him to freely spend his Bitcoins among the weak and emaciated masses in South America. I don't find this as funny as I did two years ago because, like you said, the crisis is on our doorstep. The living will envy the dead before this is over.

You can't get a man to understand something when his salary or his Bitcoins depends on his not understanding it.
“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”
― Upton Sinclair
Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:29 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:44 pm
Now if you just let that emotional baggage go, and you are right about the coming badness (though it won't be quite as bad as you think) you'll be thanking God for the guy you read on the internet that told you how valuable BTC really was and is.

I'll be taking in a drink with an umbrella in the sun in South America, and you know what, I'll buy you one too when you come down and we have all the fiat we desire to make local transactions because we have BTC as collateral, backing the stupid fiat that others take, because they didn't have the foresight to recognize the soundest money and network effect of all time.
Now that was funny. I can see you have a great imagination. If there's anybody here I would bet on, it would be Tim in his concrete bunker.

Here's the far more probable scenario, if Bitcoin has any value when you arrive in South America. A local strongman gets wind of the fact that you are purchasing things. He sends one of his men out to investigate. His men report back that they suspect you have a hidden asset. The local strongman orders your capture. If you don't know what comes next, the Guest from Chechnya will fill you in on the rest.
FullMoon wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:47 pm
Yes Higg. That's what i was thinking. Odds are it won't be a minor downtime with opportunities for leisure. I also don't hope for the worst but something in between would be survivable. I did like the idea of finding a local girl in a well placed family in S America, if I was single. So you'd be marrying into wealth regardless.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

John X and Tom M would probably be justified in making a similar argument as to why I and others think there will be no large scale nuclear war. Maybe I don't understand that because my place in the world requires that I not understand it. I can spend years pontificating about how there will be no large scale nuclear war and feel like I look really good for a long time but when the first mushroom cloud appears on US soil, it won't be like I can sit on my ass in front of this screen and spend years congratulating them for being right. Those 2 guys are taking the path that will not lead to any "atta boys", and "atta boys" are something almost all humans crave.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Guest wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:42 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:51 pm

My prediction, made almost 4 years ago, was that wave after wave of pandemics would sweep the world. The current waves of covid and the pandemics yet to come will sweep the entire world irrespective of differences in human biology.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:49 pm
My more specific predictions would be:
  • There will be a major global financial panic and crisis. Supply chains will break, resulting in unavailability of critical raw materials and components. Global trade will begin to shut down. As it begins to become apparent that the supply chain linkages are permanently broken, the global interlinked financial markets will shut down and cease to exist. This will all happen very quickly. It will not take years from the initial panic.
  • The focus of governments will turn to controlling their panicked and hungry populations. Due to lack of availability of imported goods and adequate storage "sufficient to reconstitute" a system consistent with nation state government, this will prove to be too little too late and most government will devolve to the local level as populations lose faith in their national governments and the national governments lose the resources and ability to control their populations.
  • There will be no large scale nuclear war. Instead, the population will be culled through starvation, local strife (including settling of long-standing scores) and disease. Wave after wave of pandemics will sweep the world.
  • Similar to national economies and governments, centralized utilities will fail or become so decrepit as to be unsafe and unusable. All centralized utilities including the power grid will shut down permanently.
  • The initial worldwide kill rate during the first couple decades following the financial panic will exceed 90%. The global population will be in the range of a few tens of millions when the bottom is hit in two or three centuries. Similar to the last dark age, the world's largest cities will have a population on the order of 25,000 and a large town will be 1,000.
  • Life during the coming dark age will be similar to the last dark age but worse due to environmental damage and pollution.
I remember reading this when you first posted this. Four years? Time flies. As gloomy as it is, I much prefer this to nuclear war. John's scenario at least allows for the possibility of nuclear vaporization, which for me is as close to being "raptured" away as we will get. Navigator's predictions are the absolute worst, a real nightmare set of scenarios.

I won't miss the gangsta rappers, the Kardashians, or loud mouthed liberals of CNN. I except them all to die first.

I think this would be a better world in some respects; however, I will miss air conditioning.
The Guest's comments are quite perceptive.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Nuclear war is probable but not certain. Nukes really are a new factor in Crisis War and this might be a deterrent. But I would bet at least some if not all of them will be used.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:41 pm
Nuclear war is probable but not certain. Nukes really are a new factor in Crisis War and this might be a deterrent. But I would bet at least some if not all of them will be used.
Navigator said nukes would be used for military targets and mostly at sea. We used them in WW2 and the same rationale would still hold. A single bomb or tens of thousands of soldiers lives in a long bloody campaign. At some point it won't be a difficult decision. What happens when it's normalized is hard to say. Where's Navigator anyway?

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Anti-Semitic content removed by Moderator.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:43 pm
Bitcoin is backed by tulips.

This is a serious response.

What I mean by that is nearly the exact forces that took tulip prices to the moon 4 centuries ago are doing the same with bitcoin.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:04 pm
Cariboo getting ready to buy another dip.

Bitcoin Price

A long way down to go. It's a long way to ZERO, as Bitcoin is slightly different from tulips on the way down - it has no residual value.

Bitcoin. Don't be wowed.

Post by Guest »

Bitcoin is more ugliness in a world that is getting uglier.

Uglier Music - Classical --> Rock and Roll --> Rap
Uglier Architecture - Victorian Mansion --> Subdivision --> Manufactured House Downtown Shopping District --> Strip Mall
Uglier Art - Fill in the Blank

Uglier Money - US Silver Dollar --> Paper Dollar --> Bitcoin

Rising civilization imagination is to turn ugly metal into beautiful metal - lead into gold. Transmutation.
Falling civilization imagination is to turn ugly fiat into uglier fiat - paper currency into Bitcoin. Transmogrification.

A generation that created ugly music, ugly architecture and ugly art will not create beautiful money that works.

That is all.