Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:04 pm
Target to close nine stores across four states because of theft and crime
The Minneapolis-based company will close locations in the Harlem neighborhood of New York City, Seattle, Portland and the San Francisco Bay Area effective Oct. 21.
Finally! :roll:

I hope every single store in American no-go zones closes. Let them eat stale Twinkies bought online.

"At the end of the day, safety is paramount," he said. "... To the extent that retailers or mall operators or anyone else feel like they need to take some of these measures to make sure that people feel safe when shopping there, I'm sure they don't make those choices lightly."

It's difficult to measure the impact of retail crime, which not only affects costs — like replacing stolen shopping carts — but also customer and employee experiences, Castelán said. Closing a store is usually a last resort, he added.
Common sense masquerading as insight.

Please, God, let me go back to 1983.

aeden

Post by aeden »

The race to mud huts ramped up as speculated 25% of their population just arrived in NYC with guarantees of expedited work visas as such.
Just in time to help another country fail. Asset stripping onward will increase and will not even begin to stop.
The tiny bubbles as small business was targeted as financial nirp repression and the balance sheet issue covid gamed.

Nazis applauded by Canada's Parliament; Chinese money sent to Joe Biden's address; CIA busted using Fauci as a COVID patsy; border crisis at max dissonance; Biden's ratings at record lows; West losing focus on Ukraine war...

If ever a 'distraction' was needed it was now... and the playbook says 'Get Trump'.

Right on cue, in a stunning decision on Tuesday, a New York State judge found - with no trial or jury - that Donald Trump, his family, and his business, the Trump Organization, was liable for fraud, and ordered what experts in New York financial crimes say amounts to the dissolution of his company.

USSA is here.
As we warned also 500 contracts from farmer to consumer was crushed and ground to dust.

You are here.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/03001 ... 0300135580
How did the Demsheviks today, despite facing a world of enemies and leaving nothing but economic ruin in their path do it.

His Writings from 1899 told you also.
“It’s not given to people to judge what’s right or wrong.
People have eternally been mistaken and will be mistaken, and in nothing more than in what they consider right and wrong.”
Leo Tolstoy

From the tiny bubbles phase to financial repression to the wasting as the last phase is now here in the grinding to dust.
America is over and you still don't believe it.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

As part of the preparation for a new Dark Age consider contributing to the Memory of Mankind time capsule in Austria. This is a library of ceramic tablets that can be read by a magnifying glass and are expected to be preserved for one million years. Contributing gets you a ceramic token showing the location and nature of the time capsule. I am donating my favorite texts and webcomics. Donate yours and your 50,000 greats grandchildren’s children will appreciate it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

aeden

Post by aeden »

Maybe so.
https://www.irdglass.com/news/the-story ... c-tablets/
The great earthquake assured no one even remembered they existed.

A clay tablet that has baffled scientists for 150 years has been identified as a witness’s account of the asteroid
suspected of being behind the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.
The tablet, found by Henry Layard in the remains of the library in the royal place at Nineveh.
Sumerian astronomer watching the night sky made it.

https://www.youtube.com/@SoftWhiteUnderbelly party on

aeden

Post by aeden »

https://tme2.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspace ... 698140.png
h noted
emptor amigo
closed book 4
inputs costs to margin is the DCF cohort consumer blow outs
enclaves cratering as fast as captain oatmeal falls up and down stairs

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:54 am
As far as sy's quote on the fate of the financial system, the S&P 500 price pattern has continued to evolve as a crash setup. I'm trying to consider all possibilities. Maybe it will be as bad as he says and maybe this is the time. I don't know. My guess is that the 18 month top to secondary top pattern, if that's what it is, projects that any crash will be of longer duration than typically experienced in the past. Therefore, if the 1929 crash took 2 weeks or so, any upcoming crash might take somewhat longer, maybe 6-10 weeks.
My impression is similar, it will be fast which means weeks not days. But I'm worried that they're won't be much leftover. Like when the world stopped during the last presidential cycle for a few months but this time ain't no Humpty getting out back together in anything like he was before. Hard to imagine

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Another way to prepare for technological regression is to obtain and learn how to use a slide rule.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Post by guest »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:58 am
Another way to prepare for technological regression is to obtain and learn how to use a slide rule.
Or a standard ruler.

John

Post by John »

guest wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:40 pm
Tom Mazanec wrote:
Or a standard ruler.
Or a sundial.

Post by Guest »

John wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:18 pm
guest wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:40 pm
Tom Mazanec wrote:
Or a standard ruler.
Or a sundial.
Or two empty tin cans and piece of string.