Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

aeden

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Post by aeden »

https://www.cia.gov/static/Cold-War-Conundrum.pdf
If you get time see Reagans War H. This was comment made in context to Able Archer.
Few understand three carrots and one stick.
So many lunatics it boggles the mind how deep as Doctor Sutton reminded us. My thought was my god how dark
and deep these souls will be abandoned in that hour of His Justice.
https://www.amazon.com/Reagans-War-Fort ... 0385722281

I see the grove was noted.
I would remind a few to remember what the Swiss told to who is profiting on the dead as we are.
Last edited by aeden on Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

The United States will soon look like a Mad Max movie.

Thanks, liberals.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:05 pm
The below is from a mostly white school (that is just based on observation) near where I live. I'm not cherry picking here. The reason I am posting this particular photo is that a white friend of mine has a daughter who is in it. You can draw your own conclusions, but mine is that white kids have become spoiled and lazy, and are not performing to their potential.

https://westwoodhorizon.com/3629/news/n ... -announced

National Merit Scholar Semifinalists Announced

Madison Frers

By Devika Patel, Heritage Portraits & Ads Editor
September 9, 2015

Repeat, with photo added that was deleted due to Tinypic shutdown. Look at the list of names in the link and let this sink in.

Recently, we had a discussion as to which school district would be the right one to put our daughter in (if any). We decided to drive by this school as it was opening up in the morning. We saw one white girl with her ass cheeks hanging out and another white girl with a see through shirt that showed her nipples. The see through shirt had circular cutouts that had a very thin nylon material basically showing them almost as if nothing was there. I just said, well, it looks like the California crowd got in here and ruined it.
Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:17 am
San Francisco used to be such a beautiful city. I visited after many years and was shocked at how much the city has degraded.

Is San Francisco a sign of what will happen to the rest of the country?
Yes. But not all of it. Just as an average and leading indicator.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Difference Between Asian and White SAT Scores

Average Asian Score Minus Average White Score

https://blog.prepscholar.com/average-sa ... -over-time

This data should be crosschecked with official sources like the College Board.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

AFRK

Post by AFRK »

After 40 years in SA I’ve taken my family to our new home in Europe where we will integrate, contribute and support. We could not live any longer amongst the rampant crime (that nearly took my life and the lives of my wife and child), blatant corruption (that has stolen the future of the nation and taken so much from me) and overt racism from the black government (the antithesis of our constitution and a slap in the face to the many thousands who lost their lives fighting against racism and prosecution against all peoples in our history). African greed will continue to utterly. destroy the continent - it’s not unique to one country.

Post by guest »

AFRK wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:10 am
After 40 years in SA I’ve taken my family to our new home in Europe where we will integrate, contribute and support. We could not live any longer amongst the rampant crime (that nearly took my life and the lives of my wife and child), blatant corruption (that has stolen the future of the nation and taken so much from me) and overt racism from the black government (the antithesis of our constitution and a slap in the face to the many thousands who lost their lives fighting against racism and prosecution against all peoples in our history). African greed will continue to utterly. destroy the continent - it’s not unique to one country.
Be careful of the country you pick in Europe many are going the same direction.

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:05 am
AFRK wrote:
Turns out passing laws that make it illegal to employ qualified people doesn't work out.

Who could have predicted that?

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Guest wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:33 am
guest wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:05 am
AFRK wrote:
Turns out passing laws that make it illegal to employ qualified people doesn't work out.

Who could have predicted that?
They didn't have to make it illegal to employ qualified people in the US. That's because it's hard wired into the culture.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:38 pm
Does the best person get the job? No.

And it's gotten much worse since this article was written in 1987. I think nowadays the standard is for 9s to hire only 5s or less.

The Art Of Hiring '10s' Why your new recruits may not be as sharp at the people you used to hire

BY I. MARTIN JACKNIS

Have you noticed that the high level of enthusiasm and talent that characterized your organization when you started out is no longer the norm? If your answer is yes, you may find it puzzling. After all, you recruited first-rate talent, and you assume that your people continue to hire only the best.

Chances are your company has fallen victim to what I call the "law of diminishing expertise." It's an organizational weakness that's particularly virulent in fast-growing companies. And as I found from my own experience, it can be deadly if left unchecked.

Here's how it works. A hard-driving, creative person decides to start a company. By any standard, he'd be considered a natural "10." He's resourceful and enthusiastic, a dynamic self-starter who's determined to make his own venture a winner. He's such a strong 10, in fact, that he generates too much business to handle alone, and he has to bring in others to help him out.

That's a critical juncture in the growth of this imaginary new company. Will this 10 hire other 10s to work for him? Or will he hire 9s or even lower? It's obvious, you might say, that if he wants to maintain the momentum of his success, he shouldn't settle for anyone who doesn't meet or exceed the standards he personifies. Yet I maintain that, in most cases, a company founder like this wouldn't hire another 10 to work for him -- even if another 10 were willing to do it.

Like most 10s, he probably worked very hard to get where he is today. He has talent, drive, a well-developed ego, and likes to exercise a lot of control over his work environment. In fact, that's one of the main reasons he wanted to start his own business. So it's not likely he's going to bring in people who'll challenge his opinions or his authority, and other 10s might do just that. Besides, even if he wanted to hire others who could match him in every respect, most other 10s in the marketplace have their own egos and ambitions. They might consider working with another 10, but they certainly wouldn't want to work for one.

At the very best, then, this 10 will hire a few 9s, maybe with the potential to become 10s. So at this stage of its development, the growth chart of this company might look something like figure 1.

Well, there's nothing wrong with an organization that looks like that. A small business consisting of an exceptionally talented 10 and a crew of 9s can be a powerful team. So before you know it, the company will probably enter another growth curve, and still more talent will have to be brought on board.

At this point in the growth of his business, it's only reasonable that our founder is going to want the team members he's chosen to do their own hiring. After all, they're the ones who'll have to supervise the new recruits and work closely with them on a day-to-day basis. But here again, we have to ask the question we asked before. Will a 9 hire another 9? And, again, I contend that the answer generally is no. At best, a 9 will hire an 8 with potential, and the growth chart of the company now looks something like figure 2.

What's begun to happen in this organization is something that happens to many rapidly growing companies. Buoyed by the fresh ideas and enthusiasm of their founders, they seem to do well in their early stages. But then they reach a certain level of growth -- in my experience, usually around the $10-million mark -- at which they begin to lose their cohesiveness and sometimes even self-destruct. Let me tell you how I first discovered the law of diminishing expertise.

Several years ago, I helped start Creative Output Inc. We grew from 2 employees to around 130 in a little more than three years, and in 1984 we reached #6 in the INC. 500 rankings. In the beginning, I handled all the marketing, sales, public relations, and advertising for the firm. But as the business flourished, I added new staff members in a fashion similar to what I described above.

Then one day I decided to go on a sales call with a 9 I had hired and one of his 8s. I sat back, relaxed, and watched attentively while the 8 gave his presentation to a prospective client. Afterward, when I asked him how well he thought he had done, he proudly told me that, on a scale of 1 to 10, he firmly believed his performance was a solid 9. Then I asked my 9 how well he thought his 8 did, and he told me the presentation was really no more than a 7.

When I got back to my office, I felt like crying. The salesman's presentation, in fact, was barely a 5 compared with what we had been doing in the past. And I realized that if this pattern continued, our company wouldn't be able to survive for very long, much less prosper. What really bothered me was that our 8 had characterized his performance as a 9. What if we were to allow him to hire what he considered a 7? Then that person's perception of an outstanding job would be the equivalent of what I would judge to be a 2!

I suspect that the law of diminishing expertise is universal.
https://www.inc.com/magazine/19871001/1614.html
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:14 pm
John wrote:Appearing on the Tonight Show earlier this week, President Barack Obama was asked about helping his daughters with homework, and said:

"Well, the math stuff I was fine with up until about seventh grade. But Malia is now a freshman in High School and I’m pretty lost."

This explains a number of things about the last four years. I have no idea how much math Mitt Romney understands, but it would be nice for our country's President, whoever he is, to at least be able to do simple algebra and geometry. In fact, he'd know a lot more about how the world works if he understood a little calculus as well.

What does it say about Harvard Law School that someone can graduate barely able to do 7th grade math? As an MIT graduate, I can say that this confirms a number of things that MIT students say about Harvard.

As I've written many times, the analysts on CNBC are too stupid to be able to a simple division of prices by earnings, to get a correct price/earnings ratio. They earn multi-million dollar bonuses, but they can't do simple math. Maybe they all went to Harvard Business School.
Technical competence doesn't matter in this society - that's why Obama got elected.

What "everyone" instinctively or otherwise understands is the real skill that gets you somewhere in America is knowing how to waddle up to the window for the biggest bailout. You can't need a bailout if you're competent. Incompetence pays - to the tune of billions if you have the waddling skills of a Jamie Dimon. Obama himself said in admiration that Jamie is "one of the best bankers we've got."

Obama apparently thinks it's really debonair and posh to either admit or feign ignorance for something as inconsequential in this society as math skills, yet shovel out hundreds of billions for education for worthless (post-collapse) degrees like the one he has.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Back when I was finishing my undergrad, I interviewed on campus with maybe 15 companies. As posted here, I graduated summa cum laude in Chemical Engineering from The University of Michigan.

A lot of paperwork had to be submitted, which included a transcript, and the interviewer had the file before the candidate entered the room. Typically, the recruiter would make some lame excuse for not hiring me and the process would terminate within the first 5 minutes, really. I got no second interviews and no offers.

At the same time, I applied to 6 graduate schools and was accepted at every one I applied to including Stanford, CalTech and Princeton. The grad schools don't mind taking people like that because they can use them for slave labor for 4 or 5 years and the puny stipends they give are all funded by industry anyway.

Once I got into grad school, I approached recruiters informally on campus after they finished their formal schedule with no paperwork in hand. I acted like a typical bloke and dumbed myself down a lot in the introductions. The first recruiter I approached turned to his plant manager and said, "Hey Mike, should we talk to this guy?" Mike looked at me and nodded yes. I had a job offer within 2 weeks. There were other companies that were also interested and were pursuing further interviews at their offices.

In my youth, acting like a typical bloke and dumbing myself down.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Higgie, you know why all of this is, it happens in medicine too, it's just that that career takes so long and is so controlled/regulated that eventually you'll get a job, since demand is so high. It's all cycles, as you guys know. The immigrants you showed earlier with the indian/east asian kids had major pressure from their parents to "do well in school" so of course they did well, knowing that as immigrants from a s-hole country, they now couldn't blow the chance they have in front of them. But it also overestimates the value of "education" in the sense that it is more about dedication and rule following than it is actual intelligence. That's why people of european descent, as gifted as anyone, in later generations are fairly indifferent if they aren't genetically/constitutionally competitive. What's more, the job an intelligent Joe could get as HVAC or plumber, etc now is FAR more valuable than a system controlled physician, or rat race lawyer. With the abuse of people through big government and monetary repression, most industries are controlled by the psychopath political class anyway, making advancing in this society and culture fairly meaningless, as your actual efforts or accomplishments mean less and less (and connections mean the most). Or worse, they elevate incompetent identity groups over those who actually know and do things.

I know you all know this, but some of these posts act like you don't. The question is only, will enough people remain and actually have kids (europeans) so that the US doesn't turn into a total 3rd world s-hole? The poster from South Africa shows you that if that is done or allowed, it will happen.