Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:12 pm
Did anyone think that this country was ever held together by anything but money? Once Christianity was gone, that was all that was left.

Who runs the banks and the media?

When no one pays attention the Constitution anymore, how does America even exist civically?

What made America great? The people who founded it. Now they are hated.

That's the modern age in a nutshell: hate the most competent people.
True.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Hate the most competent people, figure out ways to hold them down, then figure out ways to temporarily avoid the consequences for holding them down.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:28 pm
True competence in America matters not a whit. It's all about waddling up to the window for a bailout.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:14 pm
Technical competence doesn't matter in this society - that's why Obama got elected.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

aeden

Post by aeden »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wild- ... ue#image=1
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/ ... b498&ei=22
adrenochrome and gain of function cults
red or blue matters nothing for a very long time
Pessimism of Disbelief – or PoD for short
mop up cult operation
americans are this stupid

citizens kidnapped by armed men after crossing border
open border disease will not be checked
your done and nothing will be

going into overdrive to introduce a raft of bills to defeat DEI, CRT, and ESG

to late
more than a lost decade

After-School Satan Club was approved in December 2022
Idiots

https://cms.zerohedge.com/s3/files/inli ... k=qFaFGW7O

Impossible to make the monkeys understand the cohort death maps before and after the vaccine.

Word of fact and warning was data fragility.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6249&p=77552&hilit ... ity#p77552

aeden

Post by aeden »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:18 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Hate the most competent people, figure out ways to hold them down, then figure out ways to temporarily avoid the consequences for holding them down.
Higgenbotham wrote:
True competence in America matters not a whit. It's all about waddling up to the window for a bailout.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Technical competence doesn't matter in this society - that's why Obama got elected.
When SOFR was introduced in 2017 it was phased in with a five-year rollout plan, culminating in January 2022’s mandate. SOFR was the indexing rate of the US and that was that.
In December of 2021 SOFR futures traded around 290,000 contracts per day. By this report by IFR going from numbers from the CME, volume surged to 964,000 contracts.

Remember the velvit rope H. Jpow was not and is not going the beach bum the lead dance.

Post by Guest »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Cool Breeze wrote:
Higgenbotham wrote:
Higgenbotham wrote:
South Africa has had this exact kind of policy (enforced by law) on employment for the past 25 years or so. It has without a doubt created the exact opposite of what it set out to do. Initially it was widely lauded as the means by which non-whites were to be artificially elevated to the be equal to whites, despite there being no realistic or rational way to measure such things. Very soon after its implementation the country's Indian and Chinese populations were benefiting hugely from the policy so it was changed to only blacks. And yet even so, after decades of this blatant racial discrimination, the black population as a group are still just as poor as they always were, if not worse. All the policy did was create token positions and hence an intrinsic inequality in the perceptions of race relations. It catapulted black people into positions they were totally unsuitable for and even if they were competent at the job, their colleagues were always suspicious that they had got there by unfair means.

In short, it has served only to undermine the very foundational idea of a meritocracy. In the UK I would imagine that someone is trying very hard to separate the governing class from being accountable to the people they represent. To create a lobby group powerful enough to override the Voice of the People itself, they will need two things:

1. a vast segment of working class drones that have zero patriotism but benefit from standing together in a labour union, and

2. govt officials that are sympathetic to the labour unions instead of to their constituents. It will still be a technical democracy, but your vote will mean nothing because lobby groups will hold all the power.

Post by Guest »

Does anyone here plan to leave their country?

aeden

Post by aeden »

America is already balkanized and zones cratered out as the locusts feed anyways. Uniparty pattern to conditions is a feature to these reprobate halfwits. Realizing the collapse is ignored as even active measures toolboxes runs its course on that level alone. Senate is now hopelessly useless for the common Man. We know it and they even do less care. The mental pollution from the media is already set in stone to another generation barely out primary school lost. Tic Toc has two editions guess which one you got. It is a package sent to corrupt unchecked as another level to kill it and render it useless. Take Silvergate as a simple example also. Higg and I see the writing on the wall to the advanced mental and spiritual even at the University level rot. Nothing will be done. Fungible Captial taking over whole zones fleeing zone simply crushed as intent. Advanced corruption as we know the infiltrations are lethal like the happy accident pathogens unchecked. Inflation is another tool wielded on us for and intent. This government is proven dumb and coopted as they cannot even secure soil next to installations with worthless foreign paper fiat. Hopeless corrupt fools. The damned fools have operative bases in plain view taking out dissent from survivors from other zones now. Some report will shower the moment once again as green shoots. The propaganda is advanced and unchecked.

H is correct as the politics of envy are seen.

Example:

GOP senator said that the union leader was “sucking the paycheck” out of workers to earn his salary, which was roughly $193,000 in 2019.

“Don’t tell me I’m out of line,” Mullin responded. “You need to shut your mouth.”
Mullin, who owned non-union plumbing companies before selling his majority stakes in 2021, accused union leaders of engaging in intimidation tactics in an effort to unionize his company so they could pay themselves “exorbitant” salaries.
“We hold greedy CEOs like yourself accountable,” O’Brien responded. “You want to attack my salary, I’ll attack yours. What did you make when you owned your company?”
Mullin—who had a net worth ranging between $31.6 million and $75.6 million in 2020, according to personal financial disclosures analyzed by Oklahoma newspaper Tulsa World—said that he kept his salary to around $50,000 to invest more money into his company.
“You mean you hid money,” O’Brien said, prompting visible outrage from Mullin.

Polo-Tics

They are running out of blood bags to plug in. Burn loot murder lie cheat steal. Taxpayers know what and why Civilization one day just stops
as we witness in real time conditions of avarice and the international lunatics killing us in design.

As it was conveyed rather clearly by another " the Dems fear additional separation will result in "Brand On" shaking down to a few Dem cities. Flyover is all red, skilled producers, and pretty well able to get along.
Brand On would resemble an asylum and already is as morning slow walk toe tag issuers. Slaughter of intent once again as sticky wage issues also.
Blue people better learn to fish with electric powered boats because all they'll have is waterfront opportunities and the EPA retards
blowing cash on left over affirmative action items. Budgeting fools as left foot right foot that left you to die.
Leading right to a mental gutter all modern like with lipsticked addicts. Locally operated will need mesh networks to replace the Stasi based systems implosions. Nobody wants or trust these lunatics who sold all of their own out. Cutouts is all that is seen now as uniparty. Local to survive these lunatics to even have regional trade. Ask the Irish how free trade worked out as they watched it all shipped out and they starved.

As we are being looted in plain view the blue people have Antifa, BLM, illegals, full term abortion, CRT academics and to protect the slaughter with bureaucrats as it is as rights to loot us. You have no rights to avert and avoid it now. As we noted before the cold irony then they have to many, so they have to take you out. These butchering lunatics cannot be stopped or will be since uniparty is corrupted and pisses out stern letters.
Clowns like this are just like the insecure abusive mentally ill deranged spouse who tries to make their battered partner stay in the relationship.
We all know they'll completely destroy it blaming anything in its way and are in plain view. Frog, Scorpions, Locusts just like before.
A eastern EU kid laid out the results well advanced to the propaganda currently underway. His point was enclaves of fools on each side of the pond.
His point was simple the systems are all coopted to take all of us out now. Ignoring Jefferson, Franklin and even Grant up to Truman was manifold idiocy. You are not modern geniuses.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Higgenbotham wrote:
Higgenbotham wrote:
It's all about the waddle. Can the tech companies do the waddle this weekend? It's not about technical competence, even at tech companies. Anybody with any brains at all would not have had their money in that bank. Right here, right now, this weekend, it all comes down to how well they can waddle up to the window for their bailout. Can the lords of tech waddle like the lords of finance?
Bailout talk roils Washington after Silicon Valley Bank’s collapse

Story by Jeff Stein, Tony Romm • 1h ago

Federal officials faced growing pressure Saturday to bail out even the biggest customers of the collapsed Silicon Valley Bank, igniting a ferocious political debate over Washington’s role in tamping down potential threats to the broader U.S. financial sector.

Bailout talk roils Washington after Silicon Valley Bank’s collapse

Tech executives, former government officials and at least two Democratic lawmakers called for safeguarding depositors with money at stake in the collapse if a buyer for the bank’s assets isn’t found by Monday, arguing that it’s the only way to limit a cascade of bigger problems.

Companies that did business with Silicon Valley Bank are already warning that the bank’s failure may force thousands of layoffs or furloughs, and prevent many workers from receiving their next paycheck.

Some experts worry that large numbers of companies could move to transfer their money from regional banks similar to SVB to safer giant commercial banks Monday, leading to a fresh round of destabilization.

A move to make Silicon Valley Bank’s depositors whole without a buyer would probably require Congress to pass legislation drawing on an insurance fund paid into by all banks and backed by U.S. taxpayers — a fund that typically only covers deposits up to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.’s limit of $250,000. But more than 90 percent of SVB’s accounts were over that limit. Critics of using the fund to help larger depositors argue that it would establish a troubling precedent, leading other banks in similar circumstances to expect federal authorities to swoop in and save them as well.

That could lead to a backlash, in an echo of the fury directed at government rescue measures for Wall Street during the 2008 financial crisis. But this time taxpayers would be bailing out the would-be lords of tech rather than the lords of finance.

Another possibility is that larger Wall Street banks, fearing wider contagion, acquire what’s left of SVB and make all of its depositors whole. That could be a tricky bet, however, and bigger banks might ask for the federal government’s help before agreeing to a potentially unprofitable purchase.

“All the choices are bad choices,” said Simon Johnson, an economist at MIT who previously served as chief economist of the International Monetary Fund. “You don’t want to extend this kind of bailout to people. But if you aren’t doing that, you face a run of really big — and really hard to predict — proportions.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... a38d&ei=25

Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:00 pm
aeden wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:24 pm
Closed all shorts today and will go nappy time as 32.4% in 90 day tbills as the sweeps continue.
I also have no positions as of today's close.
Right, because I knew they would get themselves in a position to waddle, eventually, but, once in their waddling position, it's too hard to know what happens. It's a lottery economy, after all.
But 89% of the bank's $175 billion in deposits were uninsured as the end of 2022, according to the FDIC, and their fate remains to be determined.
https://www.reuters.com/business/financ ... 023-03-10/

Their fate gets determined by the waddle in the lottery economy. Hell of a way to run a country (into the ground).
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:40 pm
Lottery Economy Update

I was playing nickel slots with First Republic all morning. The market seemed very poorly informed re this stock and went into outright panic, probably swinging it way too far in both directions. I had researched what to do ahead of time a few months ago in anticipation of a day like today. Trading was halted in the stock several times and the stock rallied from a low of 45 to a high of 95 in less than 2 hours.
There's a market maxim that says, "Don't catch the falling knife." Most of the time that is valid. It's a certainty that all stocks will go to zero at some point in the future. The great uncertainty is when and what path they will take. There are points in time when the uncertainty is the greatest. Those are the points where the wild swings take place. So on Friday the market proved that the uncertainty in First Republic was at a maximum and, while it may appear to some that it could fail soon, it appears to others that it is not a done deal by any means. Another way to think of it is greed and fear are at their maximums. We certainly saw the fear in First Republic on Friday. It was quite astonishing. The way to control your own fear is to do exactly what I say above - think of it as nickel slots. Feed in small amounts of money and consider the possibility of wider swings than common sense and experience would dictate are possible. I believe we are seeing wider swings than ever. I mentioned EPAM a few months ago. It collapsed on the Russian invasion to levels that made no sense based on the fundamentals of how the company does business. At the low, nobody on the message boards thought it could go up. That was very dramatic but FRC was more so in my opinion. There wasn't even a point in time to read sentiment at the low. I talked about SI a few weeks ago. I posted in real time that I had bought it for a quick trade and got out with maybe a 2% gain in a few minutes. It was over 20 at the time and I talked about being under the assumption that it would get into the teens. It actually got down to about 12, doubled, and then collapsed. I think it's now about 3 and change. At some point, it becomes evident that a company is likely a goner, that it will fail. I don't want to be in it at all when that becomes evident. Experience will tell you that. It will be before it is news.

I also think at some point in the not too distant future things will become so bad that none of these stocks can mount any kind of decent counter trend rally at all. When I start to see that, my assumption will be that a complete collapse of the economy is not too far off. If FRC goes under in the next month, that would also be an indicator to me that the collapse is getting closer. It would be like a canary in the coal mine. The big banks might still be standing at that point but maybe not for long. They say the banking system is strong right now and not to worry. Having repeated that, the only thing that comes to my mind is find someone who predicted the collapse of SVB was imminent and see what that person says. If no such person can be found, then in my opinion nobody really knows whether the banking system is strong right now or not.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

About Silicon Valley Bank (SVB)

Founded in 1983, SVB provided financing for almost half of US venture-backed technology and healthcare companies. It is America's 16th-largest bank and was recently ranked "America's Best bank" on Forbes 2023 list. FSB received this title from Forbes for 5th consecutive year.

The bank served mostly technology workers and venture capital-backed companies, including some of the industry's best-known brands.

Nearly half of the US technology and healthcare companies that went public last year after getting early funding from venture capital firms were Silicon Valley Bank customers, according to the bank’s website.

The bank also boasted of its connections to leading tech companies such as Shopify, ZipRecruiter, and one of the top venture capital firms, Andreesson Horowitz.
https://www.livemint.com/news/world/svb ... 27031.html