Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

Russia and China are in cahoots, this is part of a bigger play.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

thinker wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:40 am
For anyone that is thinking that Russia will save western civilization, just stop with that BS. Putin is using the migrants as a weapon against the rest of Europe , if any thing it's the Polish that have fought back effectively against the mass migration weapon. Before anyone says that I am a Russia hater I work around a lot of Russians and for the most part have found them to be likable, I just see things as they are.

There is an old saying " an army marches on It's stomach" I think a big part of Russian interest in Ukraine has to do with food. They are getting ready for war and want to get Ukraine's grain production on their side.
Russia is already a grain exporter so they don't really need more. If Russia does steal more Ukrainian territory it'll be in Donbas which is mostly old smokestack industry which is only marginally profitable if that as well as maybe land to the North of Crimea allowing them to get water. Ukraine shut down the canals that deliver water to Crimea so it's running dry.
Russia and Chyna will make their moves and no one including the US will do much to stop them. I think the west and everyone else will wait until they have no choice but to act.

I think China's biggest problem is that it can't feed itself during peace much less during war. This is a huge advantage for us, the midwest and western parts of the US and Canada are basically one massive farm and ranch. Just with the production of this area we can feed ourselves and help our allies like Europe, by the way we also have more productive farmland in the eastern US and Canada if we need it.
Most of the food China imports is higher grade products including meat. China could probably survive on its own production but it would mostly be rice and noodles and maybe some chicken. Beef and pork would be in short supply which would make the middle class Chinese very unhappy. The CCP wants to avoid tens to hundreds of millions of unhappy Chinese. As John has said in the past, revolts are common in China on a historic basis.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

How many here believe there will be a world war in the next 2 years?

El Cid M

Post by El Cid M »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:48 am
How many here believe there will be a world war in the next 2 years?
I'm betting on the next two weeks.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

DaKardii wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:07 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:18 pm
Russia destroying Europe is in our national interest? That is my ancestral homeland. So what are we going to save? Mexico? Western civilization is part of America's national interest. Letting a bunch of third world Asiatics destroy Europe is not something I am willing to ignore.
Russia is NOT interested in destroying Europe. It's only interested in building a sphere of influence among the Orthodox-majority countries within the former USSR and within the Balkans.
I think a better explanation is that Putin and his cronies want domination over Russia's neighbors and the ability to continue to oppress and economically control both the Russian people and anyone else that they can. And also have a dick waving competition.

Russia would not mind "destroying Europe" because Russians tend to look at things differently. The best illustration I've seen goes something like how Westerners tend to look for win-win deals where the economic/political pie gets bigger. Russians tend to see everything as a fixed size pie and if you're getting bigger/better, it's coming out of their share of the pie. Combine that with a government composed of crooks and swindlers and you can see the problems.

And it isn't just Orthodox countries that Russia wants to dominate; it's every country that borders it. The only Orthodox countries with a good relationship with Russia are Armenia because Russia provides at least some protection and Serbia because Serbia has bad memories of NATO action against it. Maybe also because Russia doesn't border Serbia.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Guest wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:17 am
Something is going on under the surface. Sometimes too much attention is paid to what we can see. But what is it? We've only gotten small snippets here and there of it.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

FullMoon wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:55 pm
Guest wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:17 am
Something is going on under the surface. Sometimes too much attention is paid to what we can see. But what is it? We've only gotten small snippets here and there of it.
I don't think China and Russia are really working together on some plan. But the rest of the world only has so much attention that it can pay on events. If there's a lot going on it's easier to slip something through sort of like a stage magician or three card monte player. I wouldn't put it past those two countries to take advantage of each other's actions with a little wink.

Zoomer go Brr

Post by Zoomer go Brr »

Hypothetically let’s say Russia does invade Ukraine. What if China responds by backing Ukraine and annexes a region/city they want in Russia - Vladivostok. Will the world even care at that point? It would give the US/West the backing to support a “multilateral coalition” to address Russian expansionism (covering for the inept Western leaders), but also paint China on the world stage in a positive light and completely justify their annexation of a coveted “historically Chinese” area.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:34 pm
And it isn't just Orthodox countries that Russia wants to dominate; it's every country that borders it. The only Orthodox countries with a good relationship with Russia are Armenia because Russia provides at least some protection and Serbia because Serbia has bad memories of NATO action against it. Maybe also because Russia doesn't border Serbia.
You're right that it's not exclusively Orthodox countries. Russia also wants to dominate Protestant Finland, Muslim Central Asia, and Buddhist Mongolia. But its central priority is uniting the Orthodox Christian world.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Zoomer go Brr wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:48 pm
Hypothetically let’s say Russia does invade Ukraine. What if China responds by backing Ukraine and annexes a region/city they want in Russia - Vladivostok. Will the world even care at that point? It would give the US/West the backing to support a “multilateral coalition” to address Russian expansionism (covering for the inept Western leaders), but also paint China on the world stage in a positive light and completely justify their annexation of a coveted “historically Chinese” area.
A Sino-American alliance against Russia? I seriously doubt that would happen.